NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully third time is a charm for the Rangers to be in the playoffs and attain the cup. I saw they picked up Stoll but wondering if the guy can keep his nose clean. (No pun-intended)

Hopefully third time is a charm for the Rangers to be in the playoffs and attain the cup. I saw they picked up Stoll but wondering if the guy can keep his nose clean. (No pun-intended)

CMD99nEVAAAiXmg.jpg:large

Can't help but chuckle at that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Being a Hawks guy, and maybe notably absent in the discussion, I find it better to just not say anything until something concrete is put out there.

I will say, that in this country today, and I can prove this, the man is always guilty. It doesn't matter if she was drunk, too. It doesn't matter if she started it. It doesn't matter if it turns out she's a giant tramp and he was a saint. That's how it is today....and it's sad. The fact that the woman is 100% going to get the 'oh, poor girl' treatment from the very outset is unfair.

Ask any of our military friends in this forum what the sexual assault (SARC/SAPR, in the Air Force) training is like. I'll boil down a two hour session of training for you: If you're the one with a penis, you're guilty.
It's gone so far some women even think it's wrong.
http://www.jqpublicblog.com/one-airmans-view-open-letter-to-the-sarc/

Spoiler
--True case outcome (personal knowledge): Big party. Lots of people. Lots of booze. People saw Mr A and Miss B snuggling all night. They later saw them head to a private room. Someone walked in on them, testified that it looked consensual, but Miss B didn't seem to remember a thing in the morning. "I was raped". Mr A found out what the county jail was like.

--And then there's this dandy of a scenario from the Air Force training. Notice how it says MAY HAVE, and that the fact the female didn't say anything led to the demise and destruction of her entire squadron. Notice that it went from MAY HAVE to REPORTS THE ASSAULT. Wait, was it or was it not an assault? Why would they word this scenario in such a way that it, IMO, pressures the female to make an accusation/report even if it might not be true (because, really, wouldn't you know for sure?)

You’re at a party on Saturday night. It was a long week since an ORI (Operational Readiness Inspection) is in a few weeks and no one thinks we’re ready yet. Everyone needs a break to blow off some steam. SSgt Smith sends out email invites to most of the Squadron for a party athis place.You arrive with a few Wingmen to the house party. Almost everyone drinks alcohol, except fora few responsible designated drivers. The next thing you know, you wake up in one of SSgt Smith’s bedrooms and think you may have been assaulted.Accusations and rumors fly throughout your unit. No one, including you, reports the assault to the SARC, chain of command, or law enforcement. The weeks leading up to the ORI are filled with drama distracting your unit.You fail the ORI. Your entire chain of command feels the heat and all eyes are on your Squadron. You’re now working extended shifts and weekends until the inspection team returns. Stress continues to mount as more and more Airmen are involved in disciplinary issues.Your unit tears itself apart.

--When I was teaching tech school, an environment just filled with sexual energy (first stop after basic training), I saw, countless times, girls that would report stuff, just about ruin an Airman, or even an instructor, and when it came out that the report was false or undetermined, nothing at all happened to the accuser. One of my fellow instructors in our hanger was accused by one of his female students. He was brought in by the OSI, investigated, embarrassed, almost lost his job (reassigned) before the female trainee admitted to lying. She got nothing but reprimand, which is nothing at the very beginning of a career.

We have gone so far in making women untouchable, and don't take that the wrong way, I'm not a cretin, that as soon as we hear about a sexual assault, the man is guilty. For the Hawks, I hope that's not true, but fear it may be, but I'm refusing to just jump out there and make pointed statements about the situation; until now I guess.

*PS I'm not condoning SA, that's not my point here, of course. My point is that I don't ever believe an assault case until something comes out of it. This country is tweaked a little bit right now and there is no longer an innocent until proven guilty...ever. I think those days are gone.

I hear what you're saying Toad. Absolutely. It's a big reason why I haven't really taken a side beyond simply saying with his colourful past, it would not surprise me.

There's a lot of that in this country. Claims of something that isn't actually there -- Fraud if you will. Be it SA, insurance, racism, etc etc. Makes the actual situations so much harder to find and diagnose.

I hear what you're saying Toad. Absolutely. It's a big reason why I haven't really taken a side beyond simply saying with his colourful past, it would not surprise me.

There's a lot of that in this country. Claims of something that isn't actually there -- Fraud if you will. Be it SA, insurance, racism, etc etc. Makes the actual situations so much harder to find and diagnose.
The problem with it, is IF he is proven to be innocent, the charge will still linger. There will be talks of underhanded cash deals. He'll never live it down. Fans are one thing, but anti-fans, and peers are another thing.

The problem with it, is IF he is proven to be innocent, the charge will still linger. There will be talks of underhanded cash deals. He'll never live it down. Fans are one thing, but anti-fans, and peers are another thing.

For Kaner, isn't that just normal life? I bet there isn't a month that goes by without him hearing something about his cab friend.

ok I need to wash my eyes now.....

Kane is incredible with the puck but a bit of a ding dong off the ice. Hopefully this isn't as bad as it seems.
Ding dong made me laugh... Not looking very good for him at the moment.

I'm ready for the season to start, just over a month for preseason to begin.

I'm ready for the season to start, just over a month for preseason to begin.
Same here man. This is one of my favorite threads when the season is in full swing.

I can wait, hockey season up here means no more golf :alien:
You are welcome down here, we have a great hockey team and a year long golf season!

You are welcome down here, we have a great hockey team and a year long golf season!
Stop bragging about the golf season.....

I will come down to florida again this winter, but i will always be a habs fan, it is in my blood

I love the start of hockey season. We've got college football and hockey on TV nearly every night, and great weather for golf. What more could you want?

20121013-20121013-_DSC7688_crop_exact.jpeg
Well, welcome to Euro/Russian Hockey. ADIDAS just bought the rights to the NHL jersey. Great.

20121013-20121013-_DSC7688_crop_exact.jpeg
Well, welcome to Euro/Russian Hockey. ADIDAS just bought the rights to the NHL jersey. Great.

NHL doesn't allow for endorsements on jerseys. You have nothing to fear. I do suspect a few teams will adjust some though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back