Do ever "fall out of love" with a long time favorite club?

ForeOnFour

Leave no birdie behind
Reaction score
Handicap
For the last two years 7 iron has been my favorite club in the bag. I know it flies 160 yards on a full swing and rarely if ever has it failed me, until recently. For the last month I can't hit it to save my life. To the point where I'll avoid that yardage or swing a soft 6/way to hard 8. Not even sure why. It's in my head so much that I ordered one of the new Cleveland CBX 7 irons to mess around with.

So has a long time favorite club of yours ever suddenly failed you for an extended time? Did you tuff it out or replace it?

5 wood has always been my favorite club and don't ever recall it going cold for any extended period of time.

I fall out of love with all of my clubs at least once a year. Can't be a club hoe if you just keep the same clubs all year!

Yeah I have. I think the best example is my old Cobra Bio Cell driver with Kusala White. I freaking loved that club for quite a while but then one day it just absolutely became terrible in my hands and I couldn't wait to move on to something else.

7 iron for me as well. It is normally the go to club, but it has failed me a few times. Just gut it out. If it worked before, it will come around. If you have it in your head it will fail.......It will.

I've had this happen a couple of times. Many years ago, I had a Ben Hogan persimmon driver that was nothing but reliable, accurate, and long ... until one day I just couldn't hit it anymore. No idea why. I ended up switching to a driving iron for a few years; didn't even carry a driver. The persimmon is long gone now, and the new driver is working great. I still carry a driving iron in my bag, though. You just never know.

This years' problem child seems to be my 8 iron. It, also, used to be a solid choice. Lately, though, I find I can sometimes hit it at a 45° angle without even trying. :bulgy-eyes:

My mizuno mp14 2i. It’s a sandbagger’s best friend. Hit twice in one hole and it’s almost a guarantee honest double bogey everytime.

I'm a believer in the archer not the arrow. Yeah, clubs run cold, but it is the swing, ball position, etc.. With putters it is just seeing the ball go in the hole and simple things like alignment, routine, etc..

Well, that changed for me this year. I had an injury, came back and couldn't hit the ball. At all. Complete shanks. I hit thousands of balls, took lessons, etc. and eventually had to start from scratch and build a new swing. Thousands of balls later again, I now have a new swing. I am still sorting through the clubs. While my swing speed is about the same, my launch and spin profiles have changed based on how I deliver the club to the ball. It appears that a driver I've used for the better part of 3 seasons, and my hybrid (that was by far my favorite club in the bag) are just not good fits any more. It's a bit of a shame, but such is life. These are only material things, even if they are pristine, pretty ones.

I have changed from a solid long time favourite for newer equipment . To only return again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Driver. In high school I ripped at every tee shot with no fear. Could work it both ways but knew that I could smash a high cut in any pressure situation. Now it feels like I stand over the ball and think about every possible outcome but straight. Definitely something I need to conquer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Not really. There was a long time I wouldn't carry a driver but that was because I couldn't hit one, not because I all of a sudden quit being able to hit one!

I love technology because driver is one of my favorite clubs now.

My Cobra F7 5 wood never lets me down and I love that club.

Back