60Beat Ranger Golf GPS Watch - THP Review Thread

I tend to agree with you. If I remembered to push the search button prior to getting to my ball, it was business as usual. However you know how forgetful I am.
This is the problem I would have with this product. With that said, I like the concept and it seems to be an inexpensive way to test whether or not a person likes using a GPS watch.

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you continue to review the watch.

I am still interested in the distance comparisons with your other watch, but those delays could drive me nuts

I am still interested in the distance comparisons with your other watch, but those delays could drive me nuts
Ah yes, I did snap some of those shots yesterday too. Keep in my the phone was in my pocket while taking these shots.

db546e21e4c6b75e0ee2ff388306391f.jpg

d391f47348faf6de3de04412917a230e.jpg

next test with it will be with a laser. Unfortunately the battery in mine needs to be replaced. But over the years I have found my neo x to be pretty accurate.

Those are some big differences considering your phone was in your pocket - almost 20yds difference (187 to 204) between the numbers in the bottom picture is probably 2 clubs different for some people depending on which of those is the most accurate

You know what my next question is going to be.....

Do you have a laser to compare the Ranger against to try and get a more accurate picture of how much the numbers compare?

Edit....You answered my question before it was posted :D

Those are some big differences considering your phone was in your pocket - almost 20yds difference (187 to 204) between the numbers in the bottom picture is probably 2 clubs different for some people depending on which of those is the most accurate

You know what my next question is going to be.....

Do you have a laser to compare the Ranger against to try and get a more accurate picture of how much the numbers compare?

Edit....You answered my question before it was posted :D

yup, I will have that info after this weekend. Picked up a new battery for the rangefinder and will be good to go. I would say that distances ranged from +/- 10 yards. Some gaps were bigger as you can see in the one pic.

The one thing that concerns me with this is the fact that its using the phone's GPS.....so if you leave the phone in the cart and walk to your ball then the yardage is for the cart not the ball.

So you have to carry the phone with you to get an accurate yardage....so if you are going to do that then why not go ahead and use Golfshot which will give you distances to bunkers, hazards, yardage markers and lots more.

The one thing that concerns me with this is the fact that its using the phone's GPS.....so if you leave the phone in the cart and walk to your ball then the yardage is for the cart not the ball.

So you have to carry the phone with you to get an accurate yardage....so if you are going to do that then why not go ahead and use Golfshot which will give you distances to bunkers, hazards, yardage markers and lots more.

This would rarely be a problem for me as I walk so my phone would be in my bag on my trolley which I can obviously put pretty close to the ball

My bigger issue with it is if it relies on mobile signal which can be patchy on some courses and therefore not able to give yardages

Back