"Gets It" what does that mean.

T2GRN18

Reaction score
Handicap
Often here on THP we see people say this company "gets it". So what does that mean for you? Interaction, customer service, price points, swag, they're involvement with THP? What makes you think a company "Gets It"?

I think it's a pretty loaded statement, but for me it's an ability to satisfy the idea that the individual customer matters, regardless of skill level. Specifically, that the company responds with passion shared by the consumer...whether that's presence, availability, teasers, customer service, making the customer feel like they are getting more than the product for their money, to me, is how a company "gets it."

I think this is a great question. To me, I think it's when a company takes care of their customers, be it listening and responding to consumer thoughts/complaints/suggestions, or just taking care of customer care issues and making sure that customers are happy.

For me that means, they have the entire package. CS, fan interaction, solid social media and solid equipment.

Specifically, when I think of oems and THP, when oems participate on the forum. When they try to be a part of the community, reach out and be involved with the people who play their gear. Those are the companies that get it. We are a little nuts here. We don't just play golf. We live it.

That they truly give a s***.

Seriously, for me that's it.

They walk the walk as much as they talk the talk. That's it in a nutshell. Product, service, innovation, consistency and vision.

JM

Great CS, great products, fan interaction.

They know and indes tan it's about the consumer and their experience. They know how to interact with the consumer, what products the consumer wants/needs and how to market to them. They have good CS. The whole package

When you can tell that they are genuine. You can see that they really enjoy what they are doing. They like to be engaging and real.

When a company puts the customer first, by putting put good product,provide customer service and value the customers feedback

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

This! Honestly I don't need someone to kiss my butt. If I spend $10 or $1K, treating me like my purchase meant something gets return business from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never seen a company be accused of "not getting it" so it can't really mean all too much.

Im sure every company has X amount of employees who 'get it' and X amount that don't.

I've never seen a company be accused of "not getting it" so it can't really mean all too much.

Im sure every company has X amount of employees who 'get it' and X amount that don't.
I think it could be argued that TaylorMade doesn't get it right now...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I will say that no matter what happens some companies will never "get it" because they'll never be forced produce equipment to attract customers. They will produce what they want and people will either pay what they ask or buy something else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me that means, they have the entire package. CS, fan interaction, solid social media and solid equipment.

I agree. Callaway gets it!

Often here on THP we see people say this company "gets it". So what does that mean for you? Interaction, customer service, price points, swag, they're involvement with THP? What makes you think a company "Gets It"?

I think it's a company that shows the every day consumer matters, whether a 30 capper or a 3 capper. It's almost like they say thank you for their success.

Pretty much what others have said.

Listening to your customers, showing you care what they have to say and doing something about it.

Marketing campaigns that hit home that the golfer can relate to

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I think it could be argued that TaylorMade doesn't get it right now...

I agree with you. Nike to an extent as well since they chose not to give out a tool with their wood or hybo purchases this year

Yup, in a nutshell.

Callaway and Bridgestone both have been absolutely phenomenal when I've dealt with them...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with you. Nike to an extent as well since they chose not to give out a tool with their wood or hybo purchases this year
Yeah, that was pretty lame for sure, although I do think overall that Nike is headed in the right direction.

I dunno, if we go back and look at the Speedblade and Tour Preferred live testing threads a ton of people were exclaiming that Taylormade 'gets it'.

Surely they didn't forget how to deal with customer service and customers in such a short time. Maybe they did... Who knows.

companies or venues that just go that extra step to make you feel more special. Below are some examples.

PX printing custom shirts and have all employees in the building wear them during last weeks event
Bridgestone absolutely always rocked the MC/Legacy stuff. Sending out special things like autographed pictures, bags, or doing the staff picture of us.
1st MC was TaylorMade and Callaway. 1st piece of equipment sent out was putters. TM custom stamped the guys names in them. Great touch.
True Blue posting signs up on the door welcoming THP for MC/Legacy, and then constantly tweeting about it.
Ping posting pictures on twitter of some of their followers clubs being built.
Callaway's connection via social media, it makes you feel like part of the crew.

I dunno, if we go back and look at the Speedblade and Tour Preferred live testing threads a ton of people were exclaiming that Taylormade 'gets it'.

Surely they didn't forget how to deal with customer service and customers in such a short time. Maybe they did... Who knows.

Fair point. I guess I'm getting at that they don't seem to "get" marketing anymore. At all. My comment wasn't really a reflection on their CS and such, I've actually heard a lot of good things lately about it.

To me it means the company understands what its going to take to grow not only their brand but the game of golf as a whole. Many times the attempt is to draw new players, women and children to the game, but that phases out. Companies that understand that the ones who spend the most money are gold nuts like us and understand that by just getting the equipment in a couple of our hands, others will see how good it is and spend some coin on it. its the companies that get involved with their consumer testing, the ones who open their doors to THPers for a weekend, the ones who truly believe that something as powerful as a THP community can help bring back a company from the dead. To me, those are the ones who get it

Back