Chicago area thread (Northern IL, Milwaukee, Northern Indiana too)

MM, you should subscribe to this thread. People post in here looking for playing partners frequently.

Yesterday was a fun day at Cog #2. The course was a lot of fun, this was my first time playing it. Partnered with Dubs, it is going to present a spectacular back drop for the Gauntlet.

It was great to finally be able to put some faces to the names I am so familiar with from THP.
Looking forward to playing with all of you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was great playing with all of you yesterday!

Nice round Derek!

I just posted some suggestions for the Wilson extra rounds, maybe some of you could head over there and share your thoughts. I tried to keep it as close to O'Hare as possible. I hope they choose something special as most of them are from out of the area. I might have missed stuff and tried to keep it to courses I have played. Please add to the list or knock courses off you think would be a poor fit for this.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Travel-Extra-Rounds-and-Lodging-thread/page4

I just posted some suggestions for the Wilson extra rounds, maybe some of you could head over there and share your thoughts. I tried to keep it as close to O'Hare as possible. I hope they choose something special as most of them are from out of the area. I might have missed stuff and tried to keep it to courses I have played. Please add to the list or knock courses off you think would be a poor fit for this.

http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...-Travel-Extra-Rounds-and-Lodging-thread/page4
Good list. I'm shocked you threw highlands and blackstone in there. Lol. All are worthy though.

Good list. I'm shocked you threw highlands and blackstone in there. Lol. All are worthy though.
Ha...
So you're a fan of Highlands as well? Isn't that course about as fun as it gets? As long as you don't hit a bunch of balls into the quarry..ha.

It was amazing. We played 36 and completely raped me the first round. 13 shot improvement the second time through. Too much rust. I need to play more. Damn life getting in the way of my golf game.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Good day today at Cog Hill. Wedges were working well. Had a couple of partners throwing obscenities at me all day. But after 18 holes, a double, a few really short missed putts, and 69 shots I was pretty happy. Fun course. I'd love to get back again...

Quote of the day "Did you play the white tees?!?" Thanks Adam 
You are more than welcome! Don't fee bad. Myndcraft said he was going to come back next weekend and play. I suggested that he play from the red tees to take a lot of the trouble off of the tee out of play :alien:

Had a blast as always playing with fellow THPers. Drp, Byron, Myndcraft and I had a blast playing. We learned that Myndcraft putts best when being distracted by Adam. And Drp had the best worst shot ever when he caught an approach shot a little fat and managed to hit the ball into a drain grate next to the water hazard. Totally made up for it by getting a bird on 18, though.

You are more than welcome! Don't fee bad. Myndcraft said he was going to come back next weekend and play. I suggested that he play from the red tees to take a lot of the trouble off of the tee out of play :alien:

Had a blast as always playing with fellow THPers. Drp, Byron, Myndcraft and I had a blast playing. We learned that Myndcraft putts best when being distracted by Adam. And Drp had the best worst shot ever when he caught an approach shot a little fat and managed to hit the ball into a drain grate next to the water hazard. Totally made up for it by getting a bird on 18, though.

He really did putt better with you talking. The red tees comment, that was cruel lol. And I'm honestly not sure my club ever even touched the ball on the best worst shot ever.

I took a REALLY large divot on that hole as well..... At least 12 inches long. It was pretty wet there.

He really did putt better with you talking. The red tees comment, that was cruel lol. And I'm honestly not sure my club ever even touched the ball on the best worst shot ever.

I took a REALLY large divot on that hole as well..... At least 12 inches long. It was pretty wet there.
Yeah it definitely was. My shot I finally got on the green, we won't count how many , I took a big ole beaver pelt that flew prolly 20 feet and landed in the water. Glad it wasn't my ball that time!

You're just trying to get that handicap up for the Gaunlet aren't you? :p

Yeah it definitely was. My shot I finally got on the green, we won't count how many , I took a big ole beaver pelt that flew prolly 20 feet and landed in the water. Glad it wasn't my ball that time!

is your cap at 11.9 as it shows in your profile? My latest revision put me right at 11.9...maybe we should have a match play duel in prep for the gauntlet?

is your cap at 11.9 as it shows in your profile? My latest revision put me right at 11.9...maybe we should have a match play duel in prep for the gauntlet?
I am in fact at 11.9, trending to 12.4 after Saturday, and who knows what after Wednesday But I'm in sir!

I am in fact at 11.9, trending to 12.4 after Saturday, and who knows what after Wednesday But I'm in sir!
well you're still not getting a stroke! ha

Well at least give me strokes....

There isn't enough room on the card for all the dots you would have to give me!

There isn't enough room on the card for all the dots you would have to give me!

Don't worry guys I have never seen the Prince give strokes to anyone the line is ......GET BETTER!

Don't worry guys I have never seen the Prince give strokes to anyone the line is ......GET BETTER!
I give strokes when necessary..... Sunday mornings are not necessary. And I believe I got that line from someone that used to beat up on me when I was younger......

Byron is sneaky good. He always seems to play best against me when there's something on the line....or I play worse.....either way, he's beaten me in every match play game we've ever played. However, in stroke play it's a different story....:bananadance:

You guys have fun tomorrow! I'm going to be resting the ol' wrist and shafting up my new irons.

Byron is sneaky good. He always seems to play best against me when there's something on the line....or I play worse.....either way, he's beaten me in every match play game we've ever played. However, in stroke play it's a different story....:bananadance:

You guys have fun tomorrow! I'm going to be resting the ol' wrist and shafting up my new irons.
So you're telling me he's a cheater. I see what I'm up against.

So you're telling me he's a cheater. I see what I'm up against.

I'm as good as I need to be.

Some pictures from Strawberry Creek
946852d831ab3cfa05ec1c8ebe5130a2.jpg

f4e09904831a2d862f7138b74eef77b9.jpg

fefb1c052ed56e219ff4e65199e6d302.jpg

1320672149614ef86adbc8d82033f216.jpg

59602a7f4d20ec4dd294deee278eaad1.jpg

53b0e68bd2f71373bc6a8ea3a4adf1ac.jpg

28036a38f52ec1b2e0f8a226fde77ac1.jpg

807166295828848010d3edc97bfead0f.jpg

f79a2a92e55ec783b6d595585b51acf3.jpg