Iceman!

THPer formerly known as "markm778"
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Saw this Job Posting on Twitter and LinkedIn:

015d3aa.png

[h=1]Senior Manager Product Category: Irons[/h]

[h=3]TaylorMade-adidas Golf Company[/h][h=3]Carlsbad, CA, US[/h][h=3]Job description[/h][h=3]Position Summary

Responsible for leading the iron category across TaylorMade brands with heavy focus on delivering new innovative designs that resonate with golfers of all levels across all regions. This position is responsible for the strategic direction of the category, delivering short and long term plans to ensure growth and profitability. A strong leader who drives the creation of new iron concepts and influences cross-functional teams, including marketing, RDES and operations for successful execution and product launches

[/h]
Think would have what it takes to Join this team?
Would you want to?

Not even close!!

No and no....golf industry is brutal and I need stability in my life.

Not a chance I could help them at all.

No and no....golf industry is brutal and I need stability in my life.

Bingo. The golf industry is so cut throat and everything changes so much from year to year. Way too many good people in the industry get let go far too often

No way I could do it, but I hope someone from PXG applies :alien:

hard pass, not my area of expertise

Ok, i'll speculate, I don't know if he'd want to move, but they would be lucky to get someone with years of experience in iron R&D with multiple companies. Someone who goes by the of vgolfman:call-me:

I think it would be cool to work in the golf industry, I am in no way qualified, but I have a feeling my time to golf would diminish quickly!

I think it would be cool to work in the golf industry, I am in no way qualified, but I have a feeling my time to golf would diminish quickly!
it completely depends on the role. I have played more golf the past two years, than I probably did the previous 10 years combined. I just spent 2.5 days with people from Titleist last week, and several of them have played much more than I have. So it's different for every person and position. But I think the old wives tale of, If you want to play golf, don't work in the indsutry is a bit overstated.

You certainly need to have a mindset that you can get past the "No's"
Taylormade tries so hard to succeed in the Consumer Iron market with not much success.

This would be a tough job to take on I would think.

Back