Just started snowing here so that means a perfect day for chili, beer and football with a little hockey also

b23abb211f2711bebd66edf5a1214638.jpg

28309ff3e99d45495f70bdd5da8a3de2.jpg

4eaf2a43484519f0c88f6bcd248fc48f.jpg

The Crock Pot is putting in the work now

That looks amazing. Is that a pretty straight forward recipe?

Just started snowing here so that means a perfect day for chili, beer and football with a little hockey also

b23abb211f2711bebd66edf5a1214638.jpg

28309ff3e99d45495f70bdd5da8a3de2.jpg

4eaf2a43484519f0c88f6bcd248fc48f.jpg

The Crock Pot is putting in the work now

That looks amazing. Is that a pretty straight forward recipe?
All I really do is brown the meat, in this case beef, Turkey and sweet Italian sausage and then drain and add the chili seasoning and water. Let that simmer for a little while and then combine the rest in the crock pot.

All I really do is brown the meat, in this case beef, Turkey and sweet Italian sausage and then drain and add the chili seasoning and water. Let that simmer for a little while and then combine the rest in the crock pot.

I salute you sir, that looks amazing. Time to get some crock pot chili on this weeks dinner menu!

Last edited:
The crock pot is fired up and ready to go.

15bc2f7877ab8e5ebfa023d159bbd8d0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice BC. Let us know how the finished product comes out

I personally love all kinds of chili. Chunky, meaty, white chili, chicken chili, venison chili, spicy chili...

Not a big fan of runny or meatless chili though. Damn it. Now I'm going to need to make some this week.

Chicken chili today for dinner. Which means I'm skipping lunch so I can enjoy some of this chili while watching football

This has got me hungry for some chili, but being from Beaumont Tx, I got to have mine over rice.

We've got some chili in the crock pot on this cold day, can't wait to add some chili cheese, fritos with a side of cinnamon rolls!!

Had some good chili last week in New England and have been on a kick, so tonight GG has a batch in the slow cooker going that smells fantastic.

Had some good chili last week in New England and have been on a kick, so tonight GG has a batch in the slow cooker going that smells fantastic.
I LOVE chilli, usually wait til it cools down some but I might have to make some this week.

I LOVE chilli, usually wait til it cools down some but I might have to make some this week.

We said the exact same thing, but the craving was too much. Top it with some fresh shredded cheddar, minced onions and sour cream. Im ready.

We said the exact same thing, but the craving was too much. Top it with some fresh shredded cheddar, minced onions and sour cream. Im ready.
Just turn the AC down a touch!

We find it tough to get in the mood for chili during the summer months. But during the fall (especially on football Sundays) and during the winter it's game on!

Friday was the first night of my weekly chili fest. I have decided to find a new recipe every week for the remainder of the summer. I've been using the same recipe that my mom gave me 15 years ago (and shes been using it 30 years before that,) so I decided it was time to try something new. Started off with a tomato heavy concoction. Turned out pretty nice! Here's it in action (the pot was a bit full!)

This is the first time I've ever made a chili with beer. I usually use red wine. Not sure if I love the beer idea.

27786592650_1c78874c95_b.jpg

Fall is here and I am thinking about making chili this weekend. I don't even use a recipe anymore just sort of wing it.

I have a recipe around here somewhere, I thinks its called Trailer Park Chili... you throw a little bit of everything in it. ground beef & sausage, plenty of veggies, a cup of coffee & thicken it with masa corn flour. Of all the chilis I've made over the years, this one seems to get the most fan fare...

Everyone makes meat & tomato style chili so I usually try different things. White chicken chili with grilled boneless chicken thighs is good. I like steak chili too...

If you find that recipe or a link, please post. It sounds like something worth trying.

My son made a maple bacon chili last weekend for a neighborhood chili contest. He came in second and saved some for us. Interesting that the heat built after the initial sweetness of the maple.

That sounds delicious and now I'm hungry.

The Chili Thread

That kind of day and a Halloween Trick or Treat tradition.

288b64aba9aa37dfed1621facc41507b.jpg

Sweet and spicy!

1lb of ground chuck
1/2lb of ground turkey
1cup yellow onion
1/2 Cup gr pepper
4 jalapeño chopped
24oz diced tomato
24oz kidney beans
Spicy V8 to taste

Seasoning Mixture (Save rest in a air tight container)

4 tablespoons chili powder
2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground coriander
2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper

3 cloves of garlic
1cup of brown sugar

Brown beef and turkey, onions, green pepper, jalapeños and 3 teaspoons of mixture in pan. Add minced garlic with about 3 mins left of browning to bring out flavor. Add to crock pot with tomatoes, 1 can of kidney beans (purée the second can in a blender) and V8 juice. Add 3 more teaspoons of seasoning.

Cook on low in crock pot for 6-8 hours.

Last edited:
What is the sweet part MM?

I use brown sugar.

I use brown sugar.

Is it closer in flavor to the cincy chili type of stuff or regular chili with a light hint of sweetness?

Back