Lexi vs. Spieth - Who Wins?

Lexi vs. Spieth - Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spieth has a huge advantage on the greens over most men on the PGA Tour and and even bigger advantage over Lexi. I may get blasted for this, but the men putt way better than the women and certainly some weeks play much tougher greens than the toughest LPGA greens. There are only two LPGA players that average less putts per round that the top 50 PGA Tour players do.

I would agree with this completely. Can't remember if it was every shot counts or another book, but the biggest difference between the PGA and LPGA players is the short game/putting. the theory was that most men don't have to chase the distance the same way that many top female players do, so they spend a lot more time in their formative years working on the short game.

I would agree with this completely. Can't remember if it was every shot counts or another book, but the biggest difference between the PGA and LPGA players is the short game/putting. the theory was that most men don't have to chase the distance the same way that many top female players do, so they spend a lot more time in their formative years working on the short game.

Yep, it will never happen but I'd love to see the women play at Augusta every year and see how they handle those firm greens running at 12+ on the Stimp meter. We'd see everyone 3 putting multiple times each round and plenty of 4 putts.

Are they playing their usual tees or the same tee box @toad

Yea, my original intent was to say they play their usual yardages, I forgot to put that.

I thought about putting Pillar in there. I figure I had to choose someone that's pretty dang long off the tee and hope for a good putting weekend. :)

For 2017 there were only two LPGA players that average less putts per round that the top 50 putters on the PGA Tour.

That is eye opening to me. I would have never guessed anything close to that as I assumed they were pretty close on putting stats.

I'd like to pick Lexi, but I think Jordan wins it.

That is eye opening to me. I would have never guessed anything close to that as I assumed they were pretty close on putting stats.

The women on average also play softer, easier, slower greens than the men do. The short game gap between the men and women is wide.

Yeah, it is a big disparity I would think between the greens the PGA is playing vs the LPGA. I am sure the LPGA plays some tough greens, but the speed contours on the tracks the PGA plays can be crazy.

The 15th ranked putter on the LPGA averages 1.77 putts per GIR. That 1.77 number equals the 80th ranked putter on the PGA Tour. Again, the men on average play much tougher greens.

Speith. Every time! I’m sure there was the same conversation about a Swedish female golfer not so long ago, and she didn’t exactly set the field alight when she played with the men.

#FiberLaunch

Playing their respective tees, I take Jordan. Playing the same tees I take Jordan.

Speith. Every time! I’m sure there was the same conversation about a Swedish female golfer not so long ago, and she didn’t exactly set the field alight when she played with the men.

#FiberLaunch
But she was being watched by millions.

The 15th ranked putter on the LPGA averages 1.77 putts per GIR. That 1.77 number equals the 80th ranked putter on the PGA Tour. Again, the men on average play much tougher greens.

Very fair point.

Spieth

But she was being watched by millions.

Are you saying that affected her performance? I don’t see it, not a player of her caliber.

#FiberLaunch

While that may be true I would think that the amount of competition to reach the PGA tour is even harder than it is to reach the LPGA so that players who have only an average putting game won't come close to getting on tour unless everything else in their game is out of this world (see Rory) and because of this you won't see bad putters on tour while it's easier for players without a great short game to reach the LPGA

Depends... who's officiating?

Haven't read the thread yet but I can't even take the question seriously. There is not even a chance Lexi has over any meaningful sample size. A much better question would be a tournament tested +1 or +2 handicap man.

Spieth has an advantage on the greens over all/most men on the PGA Tour and and even bigger advantage over Lexi. I may get blasted for this, but the men putt way better than the women and certainly some weeks play much tougher greens than the toughest LPGA greens. For 2017 there were only two LPGA players that average less putts per round that the top 50 putters on the PGA Tour.

No reason to get blasted for telling the truth. Add short game to the list as well.

Yea, my original intent was to say they play their usual yardages, I forgot to put that.

I thought about putting Pillar in there. I figure I had to choose someone that's pretty dang long off the tee and hope for a good putting weekend. :)

What is the point of them playing different tees, might as well just make it a net event then. Jordan wins 80% of the time from separate tees.

Spieth by a few strokes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know I will get in trouble saying this, but there are difference between the sexes. Annaka and Wie tried to play with the Big Boys and both failed. I think God created us to be different and we should accept it and understand. The LPGA has AWESOME golfers, but as a short hitter, I know distance can matter A LOT and the men can bomb the ball much further.

If Jordan and Lexi kept index's I'm sure there would be a big disparity with Jordan around a +7 or +8 and Lexi around a +3. He would have to give her 4 strokes per round for her to have a chance.

Spieth has an advantage on the greens over all/most men on the PGA Tour and and even bigger advantage over Lexi. I may get blasted for this, but the men putt way better than the women and certainly some weeks play much tougher greens than the toughest LPGA greens. For 2017 there were only two LPGA players that average less putts per round that the top 50 putters on the PGA Tour.
Seeing in person how good the ladies are, this is really shocking. Wow.

Seeing in person how good the ladies are, this is really shocking. Wow.

You would think putting would be the one part of golf that the women should be the equal of men because there is no strength required but the fact is the men are much better putters. I played college golf with and had the opportunity to play lots of golf with women from the collegiate team and the same was true at that level.

While that may be true I would think that the amount of competition to reach the PGA tour is even harder than it is to reach the LPGA so that players who have only an average putting game won't come close to getting on tour unless everything else in their game is out of this world (see Rory) and because of this you won't see bad putters on tour while it's easier for players without a great short game to reach the LPGA

I think that goes hand in hand with what the book was saying. Using Lexi and Michelle Wie as examples of women that are definitely not distance challenged in relation to their peers, they would be 2 players that you would think could have spent much more time on the putting green as they had prodigious length at early ages yet they have both been mediocre to downright bad putters their entire career. Why? Because they can still compete at the highest level with their current putting ability.

Honestly if Lexi improved her putting she could be a DOMINANT player on the LPGA tour. And honestly I think that is what has to happen, a "Tiger" of the womens tour to really drive things forward.

Last edited:
Match Play....Lexi ..... will not even be close.

Back