Lexi vs. Spieth - Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like them both but watching Lexi at the Solheim (sic) Cup the last day and Jordan any day is a good time to sit down and read War and Peace or catch up on some forum reading. I'll take slow play for the win!

Being a person who is all about equality between the sexes, it pains me to say this, but the distance advantage cannot be overstated if they are playing same tees. Lexi's average driving distance is 277yds, Spieth's is 295yds. Spieth wins unless Lexi hits another gear somehow.

Playing same tees they usually play? Much more interesting. Lexi is 2nd on the LPGA in driving distance while Spieth is 75th, so from their usual tees, Lexi has many more short irons and wedges into greens. Plus, Jordan is a notoriously streaky driver of the ball and could get himself into trouble. On the other hand, Spieth's short game is much much better, including his putting. In this one I take Spieth as well because short game is usually the decider, but I think it's close.

I know I will get in trouble saying this, but there are difference between the sexes. Annaka and Wie tried to play with the Big Boys and both failed. I think God created us to be different and we should accept it and understand. The LPGA has AWESOME golfers, but as a short hitter, I know distance can matter A LOT and the men can bomb the ball much further.
That was also from the same tees as the men. In this scenario the OP stated they would play from their respective tees. That might not matter on every hole but it would make a difference on some.

And as far as driving distance goes, Spieth averages 295. Lexi averages 274. Playing their respective tees should equal that out most of the time to where they should be playing about the same club for their second shot.

Have a lot of respect for Lexi and and the LPGA... But Spieth wins this 10/10 times and it's not close.

Plying from their respective tees it think it is a toss up.

2014 us open at pinehurst results:

Speith- 69,70,72,73
Lexi- 71,68, 74,71

Played back to back weeks and yes I am sure course conditions were different but as of now best comparison you will get.

No one has commented on this and though it was not the same days, it was a week apart so is as equal as you can show. Looks pretty even to me if they are playing their respective tees.

I'll take Spieth.

I have all the respect in the world for women in golf and have had my butt handed to me multiple times playing with some of the female college golfers around here. But the honest truth for the most part is the LPGA courses are set up easier. Greens are softer, rough is shorter, etc etc. I would have to think even playing from their respective tees, playing the same course on the same day... Spieth by a long shot.

No one has commented on this and though it was not the same days, it was a week apart so is as equal as you can show. Looks pretty even to me if they are playing their respective tees.

There's a whole lot of watering and grooming that can be done to a golf course in a week.

There's a whole lot of watering and grooming that can be done to a golf course in a week.

Agee. But We could bring up the old Wendy's 3 tour challenge where PGA, senior PGA, and LPGA players played the same course in the same day in a stroke play event. Event was won 9 times by the PGA, 7 by the seniors, and 6 by LPGA. Based on most assessments here the ladies should never have won the event.

Agee. But We could bring up the old Wendy's 3 tour challenge where PGA, senior PGA, and LPGA players played the same course in the same day in a stroke play event. Event was won 9 times by the PGA, 7 by the seniors, and 6 by LPGA. Based on most assessments here the ladies should never have won the event.

I'm not saying that she can't win. On a given day, anyone at that level of golf can get the better of someone else. But going by the numbers, what I have seen with course conditions on both tours, and knowing Lexi's greenside game isn't quite as strong, I have to go Spieth.

I'm not saying that she can't win. On a given day, anyone at that level of golf can get the better of someone else. But going by the numbers, what I have seen with course conditions on both tours, and knowing Lexi's greenside game isn't quite as strong, I have to go Spieth.

I think that is a perfectly logical response. I think it is probably a 65% chance for Jordan but Lexi and other LPGA players deserve more credit than they are being given in this thread.

I think in a 1 time round, I would pick Spieth, but over the course of 10 rounds, I think Lexi would win a few.

I also think looking at those stats, Spieth is #2 in the world, were the guys playing in that Wendy's tournament top 5 guys in the world?

I hope my posts haven't come off as bashing the ladies, just at this point the PGA players are much better putters. This is why I enjoy watching the LPGA, my game is much more similar to them than the PGA players, even though the LPGA players are leaps and bounds better than me.

I think that is a perfectly logical response. I think it is probably a 65% chance for Jordan but Lexi and other LPGA players deserve more credit than they are being given in this thread.
meh not going to b a dick today

Last edited:
Back