Are you still making adjustments to your driver?

Tadashi70

Reaction score
Handicap
Simple question, youve had your driver for months, are you still tinkering with the loft and lie? Are you type of golfer that needs a different combo for different conditions? Have you just not found that perfect combo? Or are you a set it and forget it type of golfer.

I have had the same setup for years and do not vary from that.

Tell me about your driver, are you wearing that wrench out?

The only time I make adjustments is if I'm changing shafts. Sometimes, in a casual round it's fun to just tinker though. But honestly even doing that I usually wind up coming back to the same settings eventually.

I imagine after an actual fitting I'll be even less likely to make changes.

I found the shaft that was a match made in heaven for me in the Nike Vapor Fly.
Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 50-Regular

I have that in my Cobra F7 now and I don't plan on changing shafts for a while.
Cobra Connect has an adjustment feature to help dial in your driver so my wrench is getting some work currently.
Once I find the adjustment I feel most comfortable with, I'll stick with that setup.

Both of my drivers are set at 10.5/draw. Never really deviate from that.

This year I messed with it for a month or two and then I was done, haven't really touched it for about 4 months now.

917 D3....set to A1. I'm not moving it ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll change mine when playing in some different conditions but for the most part I'll keep it set at what I have the most success with.

My Epic SZ has only been in two different settings since May, standard and draw setting both at 9*. I would like to tinker with a couple other driver shafts that are sitting in the garage but I'm guessingn I won't do that until next spring.

My Epic took about two weeks to get adjusted but since then it has stayed the same and I don't foresee changing it anytime soon. It's working great!

Nope ... set it & forget it. 917 D2 at A3. Now shafts ... that might be a different story. Now that I have the PX Even Flow though, it may never come out.

After a couple of months it is usually set. But I wear out the wrench in the first couple of weeks trying different combinations for sure.

I have two adjustable drivers and am always tinkering and twice on Sundays. Still haven't found the perfect setup but even with changes I have a predictable ball flight. I think now it's down to swing changes.

I honestly do not know the last time I adjusted any of my adjustable clubs.

I've been pretty set on 10.5* and Draw setting. Messed around once with 11.5* but something wasn't right. Never ending battle with the big dog.

I usually spend a couple weeks trying different combos and once I find one I like I set it and forget it.

Generally, no. However, I'm trying to groove a consistent fade off the tee and may move my M1 weight more toward the toe just as a little insurance that it won't go left. I hit a couple of dead pulls yesterday that started on a decent line.

Set it and forget it.

The only time I use my wrench is to take the head off for travel.

After my THCE trip, my driver shaft is done and should never change unless I decide to tinker. Settings wise it's set to where I like it and if I adjust anything is the perimeter weight on the back of the Epic.

lie

lie

Tell me about your driver, are you wearing that wrench out?

Just went to the more upright setting and it has helped to get rid of my push. Also swapped the Graphite Design BB7x back in. So smooth.

No way and I would be crazy to

sometimes I'll change the loft from standard to +1.

Set it and forget it.

Earlier this year I was tinkering quite often with my settings, I haven't touched since around July though. Still not convinced they are optimal for maximum distance but it works and ball has been in play more which leads to better scores.

Tinker until I get it where I want it then I generally leave it be.

I will loft up/down just to see from time to time, but almost invariably end up going back to where I had it. If it wasn't for shaft tinkering, I'd have no need for adjustable hosels assuming I could be fit into the right combo out of the gate.

Haven’t touched it since I set it from my fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back