Is your golf game maxed out based on your ability?

God I hope not.

As long as I can still make the one or two great shots each round I can still get better. If I can get more consistent with my swing, I can get better. Until my mind can stay in the moment for the entire round, I can get better. So still tons of improvement left to go.

I am maxed out, herniated c7 and bad right hip have made my swing look like an unfolded lawn chair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Given the time I can commit with three jobs, a 3 year old and an 18mo old, yes, I'm maxed. But it's never taken me long to get back in the groove if I am able to play more. Pre kids, I was prob a 10-12. Now, I'm more of 20-22. So much of the difference is rust due to never playing. If I had more time, my abilities would improve and my game would be more consistent. I'm hoping to join a small muni course after first of year if they still have the deal of $250 for 3 years of greens fees. It's actually a decent course but it's in a small town near here and is trying to develop new members. That would allow me to play more

I probably have maxed out and will be an 85-95 player. The one thing I can improve on is closing that 85-95 range and be more consistent in my scoring.

Since picking the game back up in April no I don't think my game is maxed out. I got my cap down to an 8.3 with basically no full swing practice. I wasn't able to practice due to 2 intercostal strains and now really bad tennis elbow. I think I can get down to sub 5 if I can just stay healthy enough to practice. Getting old really sucks.

For at least the last 10 years I was stuck in the 12-15 handicap range. I'm currently 60 yrs old and didn't pick the game up until I was 40. A couple of video's changed my golf game this year and I had my best golfing summer EVER this past season --> lowering my handicap to a 9. And I feel as I'm nowhere near my max as my short game has room for lots of improvement. Especially my greenside bunker play. I'm hoping with some focus on my short game next year I can get my handicap down to a 7 or 8. Hope spings eternal!

More than likely maxed out 20some years ago when my swing was as long and loose as I wanted it to be. Parts of my game have improved over the years, But not enough to make up for those long straightish drives I used to hit. I just don't make enough of those "easy" birdies anymore.

At 60 I’m going to guess I’m about maxed out distance wise. But I keep trying to refine things and squeak out a bit more within reason

Back