Live Update Thread - Project X The HandCrafted Experience

This is definitely making me a project x/TT fan. It's been a very fun event to follow for sure. Proud to say I've got true temper in my irons and wedges!

Just watched the tour periscope. Fascinating and reminds me of when I worked for Boeing and built air ducts out of Kevlar and graphite, using an almost identical process to making those great shafts. We didn't have the luxury of the roller table and did all that by hand.
Don was not kidding when he talked about the expense of the pre-preg material. Thanks again for a great tour !!
I work in a composites shop, and that knowledge made this experience even cooler for me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Looks so awesome. Happy for my buddy Barry and the other guys getting to experience this.

Watch the Periscope on the @THPGolf feed with Don. its worth it.

just watched. totally worth it! I <3 don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Such a blast today! The entire team at Project X went above above and beyond. Thanks to everyone who followed along and supported Project X and THP. Looking forward to tomorrow! Hanging out right now before dinner.
4fb9de98dff136eedbee8ba5e17d670f.jpg

Just getting caught up after a long day.

What an awesome experience and the graphics are pretty cool to see.

2016 you say??? Sign me up!!

How does punching in numbers translate into specs being met (aren't the shaft hand crafted)?

We use the computer model to choose materials, mandrels and patterns. Then the technicians take the design sheet and cut and roll every flag by hand.

If there was a machine that you just put your specs into and it made a shaft I would be out of a job.

Until I got my real dream job, short order cook at a bowling alley.

This is the kind of treatment that makes me want to buy from a company. Think I'll do some shopping now...

Give 'em hell!

We use the computer model to choose materials, mandrels and patterns. Then the technicians take the design sheet and cut and roll every flag by hand.

If there was a machine that you just put your specs into and it made a shaft I would be out of a job.

Until I got my real dream job, short order cook at a bowling alley.

That might be the most random "what do you want to be when you grow up"s I've ever heard. Follow your dreams, man.

This is definitely making me a project x/TT fan. It's been a very fun event to follow for sure. Proud to say I've got true temper in my irons and wedges!

I hit the project x 6.0 and some xp115 in irons last week and liked them...this event is making me want go get some for my Bridgestones.

I hit the project x 6.0 and some xp115 in irons last week and liked them...this event is making me want go get some for my Bridgestones.

The project x 6.0's are probably my favorite iron shafts, but they aren't an available option from the factory from Bridgestone so I couldn't get them. The DG pros are a very suitable trade off for me. Roughly same weight but launch a little higher in the long irons. This company is just crushing it right now and it's fun to see the people behind it.

For Don
4733fa7898c6b6a1e6a0be63ba784b81.jpg

Just got caught up with how awesome this day was, great updates guys!!

My mind is blown and I only read the thread. Amazing job by Don and the rest of the PX team. On the the Periscope/videos!

I'll have to try this cream cheese on a bagel nonsense this weekend.

Amazing what this group is getting to do. There is not way to read thru this and not be jealous. I'm already thinking about design ideas, especially since Don mentioned the 2016 Handcrafted Experience.

FYI, I completely changed my shaft design and gave the O'Neill (the designer) free reign.

We can all be surprised tomorrow to see what he does with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2016, I want in!

Such a cool experience!
Me too!
Due to the nature of the graphics that were able to be done, the shafts cannot be done in 1 day. The original plan of create the shaft and do simple graphics was thrown out the window for good reason, when PX decided to open up the creativity and give these guys the chance to create anything they would like.

its crazy cool that nobody in the world can do what these THPers are getting to do.
Exclusivity is what THP does best, this is truly a one of a kind amazing experience.

The project x 6.0's are probably my favorite iron shafts, but they aren't an available option from the factory from Bridgestone so I couldn't get them. The DG pros are a very suitable trade off for me. Roughly same weight but launch a little higher in the long irons. This company is just crushing it right now and it's fun to see the people behind it.

I know. I was looking at that after we went to Bstone U. I like the DG pros as well. I got Gregg's that have the reg flex in them and find them to be just fine surprisingly. I have play s300s in previous irons. No doubt they have knocked it out of the park with this event

Ballast Point Beer about to happen. I went with Oktoberfest.

20150820_185612_zpsaabnp6a9.jpg

Ballast Point Beer about to happen. I went with Oktoberfest.

20150820_185612_zpsaabnp6a9.jpg

Oh - I've never had their Oktoberfest. Only the IPAs. Sounds great.

seeing that menu makes me thirsty!!!

ooh and they have an oatmeal stout on nitro

I was unaware they had an Oktoberfest. I'm intrigued.

Back