Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters

golfinnut

DANNY LE! WHAT A GUY!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
HEAT!
So what do you do before your round starts? What occurs most often, do you ....

1. Hit balls at the range.
  2. Hit a few putts
  3. Stretch
  4. Head to the bar for a 6 pack
  5. Jibber Jabber with the starter
  6. Arrive late & run to the first tee box

If I arrive early enough, I'll hit a few balls just to stretch out the limbs & muscles, then a few putts to get a feel for speed. I try not to leave the putting green until I make a putt .... never leave on a miss. But most of the time lately, I arrive in barely enough time to pay in the club house, let alone hit any balls. So it's running to the first tee for me.

So what say you THP?

I do number 6.

Usually being the first group off, I'll hit some putts and do some stretching. No time for anything else.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I play with a group on Sunday - From the Parking Lot to the Fairway in 20 minutes.
No warm up - no putts.
Pay and go.

I take a #1 (pee).

I do # 6 right now only because I'm in the first group off at 630AM ish and no way I'm putting on a dew filled putting green. Never mind it's early. If I had time, I would hit a small bucket and a few putts.

Stretch then fire away.

Usually putt, do a little half-hearted stretching, tee off.

generally stretch it out a bit and do a few practice swings

Barely stretch and then let it fly. If I'm real early, never, I'll hit a few putts on the practice green to keep from dying of boredom.

I stretch a little at home before heading to the course.
Then I stretch a little more before hitting a small bucket on the range.
Usually a lot of wedges, a few 8 irons, a couple mid irons, a couple of 3 woods and then a couple of drivers.
I then go back to a couple of wedges and then head for the first tee.

3, 1 & 2....every single time. Usually always grab two big cups of ice water.

Aha you missed one run to the Bathroom along with 1 and 2 and pain killers for the back and hip.

I always like to warm up with a small bucket at the range, go through the bag hitting mostly driver, but that's it.

Preference is 1 and 2.

I don't love to hit the range before I play, typically I like to hit a few putts and chip a little. Keeps me loose and relaxed.

I rarely have a confirmed tee time so #6 is not a option... my norm is to decide last minute that I'm going to play, show up at the course and see if I can walk on.... then depending on how much time I have to kill will do all the above

I will do both 1&2 if available. My home course doesn't have a driving range.

i like to hit a small bucket. some pitches, some full swing irons, maybe some full swing hybrid or fw off the tee, then driver. then i'll go hit putts. if i have lots of time and there's a short game area, i'll hit chips and pitches. i used to like to warm up for over an hour, but these days 30 minutes is plenty.

More often than not, I'm a run from the car park to the 1st tee person.

But that's only because I'm either coming straight from work or have to leave as late as possible, so the wife doesn't give me too much grief!

Get to the course, go in and pay/check in. Get the cart key and go load up. Get a pop and/or beer, as needed.

I might putt or I may just relax or shoot the bull beforehand. I hope to have a half hour to kill. Might hit range balls but probably not.

I'm a run to the parking lot type of guy but have gotten much better showing up earlier.

Back