UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

Atta boy. I am going to head out early and get in some practice and 18 this afternoon before I get some yoga in... yeah you read that right, yoga.

I have something I am pretty pumped about a month before this, but this will be good to keep the focus up going forward.

Guys I'm bummed but the NorCal/SoCal event is off the books for me. Making the Up and Down event and then finding that I have family coming in from out of state makes it a definite "no show" for me. I was at least hoping to make it Sunday but now it's out of the picture. I'm upset but stuff like this happens all the time. Someone needs to take over the hat order since I won't be there (they go on sale Monday by the way). Just PM JB and he'll take care of you. I'll be following along and peeking in here to make sure you guys keep this alive. I know now why JB posted what he did earlier in the thread about setting this event up so close to the other THP Cali event...

OK, per The Papa's post above, anyone willing to take over the hat order? We discussed 6 of each color so it's a $240 upfront purchase for 12. If someone has stepped up for this, then terrific!. But if no one has, here are some thoughts:

Other options as I see it is for each participant to order their own 2015 hat(s) if they want them. Or wear your legacy THP hats. Those options downplay the team aspect where North has different color than South.

Another option would be to choose the team colors now and have participants order their own hats of that color for this event. Any thoughts? My opinion is let people wear what they want and hat color isn't all that important, but i'm good with team hats if that's what most want to do.

Totally understand Papa, sorry we will miss you for this one but you will have a great time at the Cleveland event.

Any stragglers that have interest in this event, post in here, we could use a few more guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am planning on buying one of each color...supposed to be Monday that we can order, is that correct?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I am planning on buying one of each color...supposed to be Monday that we can order, is that correct?

That is correct Tim. We told the Papa, that if you guys definitely wanted 12, we would put them aside to make sure everybody got one, as long as they were ordered on Monday. Either way, just let me know.

JB, are they going to be in the store or purchase through a thread? Thanks.

He usually makes an announcement in the thread about the hats that they are now available in the THP store. You will buy them through the store. If someone wants to order the 12 for the teams, JB will send you a invoice and you will make one payment for all of the hats and the hats be sent to one guy, then you can hand them out at the event and get reimbursed then or whatever you guys decide to do. You guys need to decide quickly, they will be available in the store Monday and go pretty fast I think!

He usually makes an announcement in the thread about the hats that they are now available in the THP store. You will buy them through the store. If someone wants to order the 12 for the teams, JB will send you a invoice and you will make one payment for all of the hats and the hats be sent to one guy, then you can hand them out at the event and get reimbursed then or whatever you guys decide to do. You guys need to decide quickly, they will be available in the store Monday and go pretty fast I think!
I'm down for one

Thanks for the link.

Frank,
You should join us. You qualify for the NorCal team. There's more Cali transplants up there than natives. :)

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro
I may qualify for both teams - grew up in Whittier and lived in the Bay Area for college. Hell, I even dated a girl that went to SLO and spent several weekends there, sometimes even playing golf :)

You guys are going to have a great time!

THere will be a new thread tomorrow and they will be available in the THP Store.

Thanks JB

So gents, what is the word? Are we going to order hats for the event? Sounds like we need to give JB the solid word. What say you California!?!

So gents, what is the word? Are we going to order hats for the event? Sounds like we need to give JB the solid word. What say you California!?!

Doesn't look like there is interest group wide.

I was just going to order one of each, but when I try to check out it just sends me directly to Paypal with no link to make the payment.

Personally, I don't think it is necessary on the hats for this event. If we are going to have each team where different color shirts that should be enough. I figured I would buy one of each and have one for if we did wear them for this event, or I would just wear them myself later on.

Yeah I agree with you. Hats are not needed and I don't want anyone that doesn't get one feel like its a precursor for a late signup!

That being said, we still have room for a few more players! North & South!! Come on guys, this is going to be fun!

I wasn't sure what was going on so I just purchased 2 for myself. I didn't know there was a THP Store login so I think I paid the full $25 each. No big deal as ibam really looking forward to these caps.

The hats looks good but I know my head wont fit in it properly so I'm not buying one.

I wasn't sure what was going on so I just purchased 2 for myself. I didn't know there was a THP Store login so I think I paid the full $25 each. No big deal as ibam really looking forward to these caps.

I would email golfergal. I did the same thing last year on my first purchase from the store. I think they sent me a refund for the 20% off.

Going to try buying on my laptop (mac) as paypal not working the way I want it to on my PC at work.

For those that did, thanks, you are going to love them.

The hats look REALLY good this year JB. I've got one of each color on the way.

Fortunately, I was able to purchase one of each from the airport early this morning.

Different color shirts will work, that way if we have some late attendees they will not feel left out.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

Just bumping this up to the top.

We are exactly two months from this kicking off and have room on both teams! Who wants it!

Yeah. Can't wait. I have only played Hunter's Ranch once and I am really looking forward to it.

Too bad my sister is getting married that weekend. I don't have to go to that, do I?

Back