Spikes, Soft Spikes or Spikeless and why?

Spikes, Soft Spikes or Spikeless and why?

• Spikes

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Soft Spikes

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • Spikeless

Votes: 12 35.3%
  • ???

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.1
I got my first pair of spikeless golf shoes and I really like them.
I have always worn spikes (back in the day) or Soft Spikes since I believed my feet would slide around.
But, I have found that not to be true.

I will always keep at least one pair of soft spikes around for rainy days, but I think the spikeless shoes are now my favorite.
What say you?

I was firmly in the soft spikes category up until recently. I've since learned to control my swing some and have given spikeless another chance. But I think the right spikeless make all the difference in the world.

I tear up soft spikes fast and have found some of them uncomfortable. I think my Footjoy Freestyles gave me plantar fasciitis in my left/lead foot due to a lack of support.

Currently wearing the UA Performance SL. I would like to try the FJ Pro SL but didn't like this years colors.

I own a pair of soft spiked shoes, but only wear them when its really wet. I prefer the look and comfort of spikeless shoes.

I voted ???? as I rotate between spikeless and soft spikes. I haven't noticed a difference in traction between soft spikes and spikeless.

I probably wear spikeless more than soft spikes just because those are the most comfortable shoes in my car at the moment.

I voted ???? as I rotate between spikeless and soft spikes. I haven't noticed a difference in traction between soft spikes and spikeless.

I probably wear spikeless more than soft spikes just because those are the most comfortable shoes in my car at the moment.

Same here on the rotation. Time will tell on the newer pairs I've got floating around, but I find my older TWs to still be pretty comfortable and have walked numerous rounds with them.

I haven't noticed a difference in traction between soft spikes and spikeless.

My first pair of spikeless were Ashworth Cardiffs and I think they skewed my view of spikeless shoes as they were terrible.

I have one pair of each; and rotate them based on weather conditions (and other things as well). I like the flexibility that spikeless offers; and wear them 75% of the time, but I do keep a pair of soft spikes around as well.

Spikeless, I walk alot of rounds and just more comfortable.

Soft spikes only and easy to replace if one breaks. Tried spikeless once and the slippage was not for me. Never tried spikes.

I'm like 75% in the spikeless camp. I say that because I own four pairs but with one (Adidas Climacool), the nubs are wearing very quickly, prematurely.

Interestingly, there's both white and red nubs on the sole and only the white ones are wearing rapidly. Stinks because although the shoe's upper is essentially as new, the useful life of them will be severely limited.

But I do prefer the spikeless platform just because I can wear them to and from the course.

For me this changes all the time, which means I'm not loyal to either side, currently out of my 3 pair rotation, 2 have spikes, but I've had rotations before where all were spikeless or all were spiked.

I voted spikeless because that's all I wear when I walk which accounts for all but a handful of rounds a year.

I only have ever used spikeless shoes. I've had both my left knee and left ankle surgically repaired and I fear having a full on spike stick in the ground and twisting something.

I have them all but wear spikeless most of the time now.

Who are the three people who wear spikes when I don't know of any course that allows them? It's all soft spikes and spikeless now.

I wore spikeless once this year in light rain and went down hard right on my back side after completing a hybrid swing out of the rough. I think going forward if it's dry I will wear spikeless, but if it's wet I will wear soft spikes.

Dave

Soft spikes. I don't have anything against spineless shoes but I walk all of my rounds & tend to wear them smooth faster than I like buying shoes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Spikeless - but I can fo soft spikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Typically spikeless but have found myself gravitating to more of the soft spiked sportier options such as the Adidas line lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soft spikes for me as I feel a lot more comfortable in them knowing that I have the extra grip over spikeless

I know people talk about how good spikeless shoes are, but having seen people slipping in them I am not a fan

I also feel that I would get more life out of a pair of spikes as I can change the spikes as and when they wear down, something you can't do with spikeless as you start to lose grip

I'm not really aggressive in terms of footwork, so I prefer spikeless. Especially for my 9 hole after work league - I can change into my golf stuff at work and drive over to the course and don't have to worry about a "transitional" pair of shoes between my work shoes and golf spikes.

I've only had 2 different golf shoes in my 4 years of playing. The original Tiger woods 2013 shoes, and now the Lunar Control Vapor spikeless shoes. They're both incredibly comfortable, but I do like the way the spikeless ones feel during my swing. They're also amazing when walking in the middle of the fairway, like I'm on a cloud. I highly recommend them to anyone who hasn't tried them. The Lunar Control Vapor 2's are coming out so if you can find a pair of the originals one sale, Just Do It.

Back