Jacksonville, FL THP Meets - Ongoing

Beat me to it. I think I'll get one anyway but maybe take a day off to use it during the week sometime.

I bought 4 and have a tee time at 11am Sunday. Dont mind the later start with it being cooler this time of year.

Anyone able to fit a round in this Thursday or Friday. Taking PTO before it expires at the end of the month.

Can play any time of day.

Already playing an fsga one-day on Thursday am at oak marsh or I would.

We haven't had a group together in a while - how's the morning of April 18th look for everyone?

I wouldnt be able to make the 18th. Have a wedding to go to that day.
Apr 26 would be a no go as well.

Any other dates open?

Is the 25th out or just the 26th?

The 11th maybe?

Nevermind for me. My shoulder is just too bad off now. I have an appointment on the 20th to get it checked out. No golf for me for a while. :beat-up:

Last edited:
Dang. That sucks. Any update on your shoulder?

I've been on a stay from golf the past 6 months due to honey-dos. Really sucks that I've only been out for 3 9-hole forays the past month. I'm still trying to get use to the new clubs and figuring out distances.

Dr thinks at least mild torn labrum in both shoulders, possibly worse in right. Having an MRI on the right one later this week. At least 3-6 weeks of PT to see if they'll heal without surgery. My guess is I won't be back on a course until at least mid-June or longer. Woooopie.

Sorry to hear about this Alan. Hope you can get fixed up quick

Hey everyone, just wanted to put this here to see if anyone would be interested.
babfea487a269b77f35bc664e32c08db.jpg

Sent from my Z987 using Tapatalk

If I could play right now I'd be all over the offer from Hidden Hills right now - $30 Tuesday to Thursday for non-members.

Going on 130 days now. Hope to try to swing again in September.

If I could play right now I'd be all over the offer from Hidden Hills right now - $30 Tuesday to Thursday for non-members.

Do you need anything or just call and make a tee.

Do you need anything or just call and make a tee.

Just call and set a time. Don't wait till the day of, especially after this week. Queens and Windsor just did, or will be doing, some punching of the greens.

We played Hidden Hills a couple of weeks ago and it's in good shape, playing tomorrow so I can give you a better report after that.

The Slammer & Squire and King & Bear are running some good rates now too...$49 and $59.

That's brutal. Are you just doing PT, or did you have to have surgery?

That's brutal. Are you just doing PT, or did you have to have surgery?

Did PT for a few weeks. Doing exercises with resistance bands at home now. And stretches. And rest. They feel ok right now but I haven't tried to swing a club. Maybe next week. Birthday coming up in September and would like to play by then. Have an fsga event on October at Hammock Beach Ocean and certainly don't want to miss that!

I've only had one shoulder injury and it was ~10 years ago. It felt like I couldn't do anything for a while. Rest and PT worked, but it took a while to get everything back. Give it time and don't rush the process.

I'm thinking of trying it out this weekend. Anyone need a fourth on Saturday morning or want to meet up somewhere in town or near the beaches? I've got an event in the afternoon so I probably need to tee off no later than 9am.

I wasn't able to get on much this week, or might have tried to get something together. I was in 'storm prep' mode at work on Thursday/Friday. Glad that it's just an exercise in the end.

Were you able to head out?

No. I figured the weather looked too spotty and couldn't find anyone to play. Didn't want to go out as a single. Maybe next week.

Anybody else hear about Top Golf coming?

Plans confirmed today in the T-U

If I read it right, it'll be completed next summer.

I don't know if it'll hurt UNF a whole lot. If you're just looking to hit some balls, $12 for a large bucket is still cheaper than the cost per hour at Top Golf.

St. Johns golfer checking in, recently moved to the area. I've been exploring the 210 courses along with a few others.

Welcome. Group hasn't been active lately. Needs some life back in it. :)

Back