You didn't include the most obvious reason... frustration!

I enjoy being frustrated :banghead: Just when you think you have your swing flaws figured out.... bang!

For me, the challenge of the game, secondly, social.... I wouldn't have met you OITW had it not been for simple desire to chase a ball over acres of green grass!

The challenge

#FiberLaunch

I'm a super competitive person, but rarely have an outlet besides golf to let that flag fly. I also really enjoy the social aspect of it. The beauty of golf is I can be super competitive all by myself, as I'm generally my own biggest competitor. This allows me to be social and have a great time with the folks I'm playing with, as well as challenging myself at the same time.

After a great round, I can't wait to get back out and do it again! After a terrible round, I can't wait to get back out and work on whatever issue was giving me fits!

At this point, I play golf to clear my head. I don't get to play very often, so when I do get the chance, I just want to go out there and relax and enjoy the fact that I have a couple of hours to myself.

Mainly social, personally. I left the game for 11 years. I came back to get my game ready for my daughter, she’s 3 and a half now.

After a few months back in 2014, I realized that I came back because I was pretty good at it and dammed I paid enough due to the game I should enjoy the fruits of my years of hard work.

There is just something about the sound and feel (and flight) of a well struck shot that just does it for me. When you have those rounds where everything comes together and you shoot what you realistically feel you should consistently shoot every time out. Those are just some of the things that get me playing and going back.

I golf because it's fun. The bad shots just keep wanting me to hit some good shots. The good shots make you feel like you can really play this game!

Plus a lot of my friends play and it's something we can do together.

I've played sports my entire life and as I get older I know that my competitive desire will need to be fed. I can only play softball and basketball for so many more years before my body has had enough. While golf can be taxing on the body it's non contact and doesn't require quick sprints and jumping (though the sprinting might help the pace of play)

I also really enjoy that I can go with any age and after handicaps we can all compete together.

It is cheaper than therapy combined with total addiction.

I golf because I love the smell of the course.
Take that away and I'm done with golf.

Beer and golf just go together. I love playing with some friends

Tiger Woods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only reason I golf anymore is to spend time on the course with good friends. That’s he only reason for me. Getting overly competitive and stressing myself out over the game turned me away from it for a while, but now it’s the social aspect and enjoying a fun game with good friends.

Few things compare in life to teeing it up and have a fun round with friends

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I love the game.....golf is life.

I tried crack once and didn't like it so I settled on golf instead.

I tried crack once and didn't like it so I settled on golf instead.

Yeah, better addiction, for sure.

You ever see someone say “golf kills”.

Yeah, better addiction, for sure.

You ever see someone say “golf kills”.

I don't recommend either to be honest. Crack might have been cheaper.

Why do you golf?

I don't recommend either to be honest. Crack might have been cheaper.

Honestly, it probably is cheaper. Unless you got a guy.

Challenge, and competitive nature. Love it bc only have to be competitive with myself. A lack of organized sports here for my age means it’s often only competition I get. Love it. Get soooo mad at myself at times, and love it.

Exercise + my escape from the real world. Likewise, started playing this game with my best friend.....we have been hacking together for the last 21years.

A little of everything I guess. Exercise, playing with buddies and my Dad, helps keep the competitive juices flowing, and chasing that feeling you get after you pull off a "golf shot."

The challenge of the game and trying to constantly get better.
The people (especially THP'ers), can't beat them.
Exercise, I walk my rounds and it's an enjoyable way to burn some calories.

Back