AimPoint/AimPoint Express

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
I’m too cheap and don’t want to buy the videos. Anyone have them/can explain how to use the method in detail. I know the simple steps but not the details and workings of it. Someone be a friend please? Help a helpless putter out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m too cheap and don’t want to buy the videos. Anyone have them/can explain how to use the method in detail. I know the simple steps but not the details and workings of it. Someone be a friend please? Help a helpless putter out

I don't think I could explain it to you, and not sure how I feel about basically giving away someone else's intellectual property on a website.

Good luck on your search.

I don't think I could explain it to you, and not sure how I feel about basically giving away someone else's intellectual property on a website.

Good luck on your search.

I’m not asking anyone to give away intellectual property. There’s videos readily available on YouTube. Just wanted some non-biased explanations/how to determine whether to use 1,2 or 3 fingers on the reads depending on the slope

Practice with a digital level. The fingers are %slope

Practice with a digital level. The fingers are %slope

1%= 1 finger
2%= 2 fingers
3%= 3 fingers

And so on?

More or less, there are some subtle things in the video/classes that make a difference so worth paying for the video.

More or less, there are some subtle things in the video/classes that make a difference so worth paying for the video.

Ahhh gotta check and see how much they are. Might end up being worth it for me. I’m so flatstick challenged it ain’t even funny

Considering taking a class in this. Curiosity more than need, and I think it could help my coaching potentially.

I looked over their website yesterday. It's a consideration of mine as well. The biggest worry for me is whether or not I'd slow up play.

Considering taking a class in this. Curiosity more than need, and I think it could help my coaching potentially.

Not sure if your school has the budget or if there is a local guy who will but you can schedule a larger private group lesson. Probably more cost effective for you to take the class then buy the video to show to the team but I think it is a great idea for you.

Not sure if your school has the budget or if there is a local guy who will but you can schedule a larger private group lesson. Probably more cost effective for you to take the class then buy the video to show to the team but I think it is a great idea for you.
Not sure I want to expose the kids to the confusion, but I would like to have it in my knowledge bank for coaching.

Good point didn't really think in terms of 14-18 year olds. If anything just having them use there feet when they are not sure goes a long way.

Well worth the money in my opinion. I did one a couple of years ago and even though I don't use the full routine in play. I use elements of it and it has added another way to check my read when I'm not sure.

I looked over their website yesterday. It's a consideration of mine as well. The biggest worry for me is whether or not I'd slow up play.

You won't. Typically, I am going through the process while playing partners are reading their putts, or I finish the process quickly when it's my putt.

And taking less putts speeds up play.

I’m going to attempt to teach myself how to do this today. I’ll report back on how it goes

Sent from HTX

I’m going to attempt to teach myself how to do this today. I’ll report back on how it goes

Sent from HTX

Can't do it effectively. You need to know how to measure 1-5 with your feet and discern the difference between 1 and 2 or nothing, or 2.5., and then how far to extend the arm.

Think of it as golf's version of continuing education - it costs a little to gain a great benefit. If I was doing it over again, I'd take Express 1 and 2 and speed. If I can get an instructor to answer an email, I'd already have done Express 2 and Speed.

I purchased a board from an AimPoint instructor that you can get 1-5 in the comfort of your house every morning, noon, night. It's enlightening on the differences.

Last edited:
You can do some teaching of this yourself in terms of the slope. Go the HD or Lowes and purchase a power laser level. You can find 1-5* of slope in alot of places and just work on getting the feel with your feet. The speed aspect of it really does need an instructor though in my opinion.

So I played today after teaching myself Aimpoint. I effectively executed it. Got up and down from outside of 7 feet EIGHT times today. Drained 2 30 fr bombs as well.
5f57cb4520dba8046784fbfee01b4622.jpg

It’s a 74 not a 73, my math was wrong for the back 9. Putts were correct. 23 putts

Sent from HTX

You should track strokes gained putting instead total putts. Easier to get an actual picture of how you are putting.

More basic question. Making putts is about getting the correct read, then striking the ball on the correct starting line with the correct speed. Sometimes players think their problem is green reading when it's inconsistent direction or distance. In addition, it's hard to make progress on green reading when we don't have fine control of distance and direction. So the question is do you think you have really good distance and direction control? Lots of putts that you were confident started on your intended line, would be evidence of good direction control. Lots of your misses being right or left of the hole and stopping 6-18 inches behind the hole would be evidence of good distance control. A lack of one or the other would suggest more work needs to be done on those skills first.

You should track strokes gained putting instead total putts. Easier to get an actual picture of how you are putting.

How do I do that?

Sent from HTX

More basic question. Making putts is about getting the correct read, then striking the ball on the correct starting line with the correct speed. Sometimes players think their problem is green reading when it's inconsistent direction or distance. In addition, it's hard to make progress on green reading when we don't have fine control of distance and direction. So the question is do you think you have really good distance and direction control? Lots of putts that you were confident started on your intended line, would be evidence of good direction control. Lots of your misses being right or left of the hole and stopping 6-18 inches behind the hole would be evidence of good distance control. A lack of one or the other would suggest more work needs to be done on those skills first.

I think it was a bit of a mix. Distance control is usually tough and putts often got left short in the past or they were hammered way by. The greens where I work are very deceptive and tough to read. I didn’t miss read one putt that way. I’d be guaranteed to misread at least 4 conventionally

Sent from HTX

How do I do that?

Sent from HTX

spreadsheets with macros keep track of first putt distance and total number of putts, I had one but died on old computer. Game golf and Arccos both do as well i think.

Back