What do you do during your golf offseason?

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Many golfers are forced into an offseason because of where they live. Even those with year round available might not play all year.

What do you do with your golf offseason? How do you keep your game sharp to be ready for next season?

Travel to warm places.
Inside sim sessions

Thats about it

I play pretty often in the simulator. Other than that it's a lot of putting in the basement.

I go to the range from time to time they have heated bays.

Work mostly. It's when I sell most of my insurance policies.

This year we will probably travel a bit more since we aren't tied to a golf course anymore.

My last off season was 15 years ago. I worked on my drinking game and dating game. Took 6 months off and neve touched a club. Didn't watch golf or talk golf. It was so nice and also game me a better appreciation for the game. Didn't loose a step during that time.

My last off season was 15 years ago. I worked on my drinking game and dating game. Took 6 months off and neve touched a club. Didn't watch golf or talk golf. It was so nice and also game me a better appreciation for the game. Didn't loose a step during that time.
This winter I won't be at the office with thr simulator everyday. Will be a welcome break.

Off season?? I've heard of it but here in California we don't have to much of an Off season as long as you don't mind playing below 50*

Not sure what I would do if I did have to have an Off season, probably drive myself crazy.

Luckily one of those without an off season.

Make enough money playing poker to pay for next years golf.

Keep playing, just with more clothes

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sim sessions and a couple of times during the winter I will drive about 100 miles south to get out of the snow and be able to play.

I play casual golf, spend time on launch monitors, and demo as much equipment as possible. It usually get's me through the winter without going crazy.

I travel to warmer climates to play. Lots of putting indoors and I ski a lot. Winter hobbies take over in colder months.

I’m in Texas...there is no offseason. If I had one I probably wouldn’t do much golf related. Indoor stuff is useless to me. Maybe I’d take a winter trip to somewhere where golf was still an option, but that’d probably be about it.

Cry

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hit the simulator once a month and try and take one trip to somewhere warm to scratch the itch.

Non golf related try and get as much some around the house as I can so when the season starts I can golf when I want to.

Hunting and Archery Leagues keep me busy during the off season! As far as keeping the game sharp, I don't do as much as I should, I'll probably make a few trips down to RI or similar distance if there's a course open.

I hit balls in a dome and play if there's no snow on the ground.

I also spend time at the gym and play a lot of basketball.

Play as much as the snow allows. Hit the golf dome every Sunday. Hit the heated range when it's open. Fantasize about breaking 90 on a regular basis. Contemplate losing some tonnage.

Our weekly sim league will start up in about a month. I supplement that with indoor and outdoor range time, the latter possible with heated bays and an occasional warmer day..

Fortunatly in SC we do not have an off season.

Weekly gc2 sim league. Then once a month or so we book several hours and play 36 on the sim, have a few drinks, while watching football.

I usually get at least one trip somewhere warm during the winter, so I can squeeze a round in.

In general though if there's no snow on the ground there will be at least one course up here open. There's nothing quite like that first spring round when the ground is still half frozen :D

Hit balls at TopGolf or Dome.
Become friends with so-illhacker so I can go play down in Southern Illinois

Back