Your turn at being the THP Event Coordinator for 2018

I would bring back the outing. I understand it's not that easy and it comes with some big headaches in terms of rooms and roommates, but I feel some of those big events where there are 30-50 THPers it helps bring some relationships that make having an actual conversation on the forum much much easier.

I'd send it back to PGA National, because I love that place. There doesn't need to be any big meals, just get that same room down in the Bear Trap and let THPers hang out, relax, and have some fun.

Oooooh! I didn't think about PGA National.

Great minds sir.

I would bring back the outing. I understand it's not that easy and it comes with some big headaches in terms of rooms and roommates, but I feel some of those big events where there are 30-50 THPers it helps bring some relationships that make having an actual conversation on the forum much much easier.

I'd send it back to PGA National, because I love that place. There doesn't need to be any big meals, just get that same room down in the Bear Trap and let THPers hang out, relax, and have some fun.

That room was awesome. Fantastic place to hang out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That room was awesome. Fantastic place to hang out.

absolutely. And while I appreciate the dinners that THP puts on, I think that setting is just better for guys to get ingrained with people from the community, and we all know conversations happen on the forum much easier when you know the person on the other end of the keyboard.

See if I were going to do the Outing again, I’d do it at Grand Cypress again and I’d kindly demand that three hole practice course be part of it. That was the absolute best for trying literally every type of club with as close to on course feedback as one could get.

See if I were going to do the Outing again, I’d do it at Grand Cypress again and I’d kindly demand that three hole practice course be part of it. That was the absolute best for trying literally every type of club with as close to on course feedback as one could get.

yup that was a lot of fun.

The Outing or Love is in the Air. The latter seems less stressful to set up than the first.

Company: I really enjoyed Cobra, but I think W/S would have a lot of fun with this one too.
My wife and I would be so in on this, sad my sister-in-law wedding got in they way of trying for it!

The Big Stick Challenge sponsored by Foresight

9 THPers would be selected based on their claimed abilities with the driver. Entries would be based on the persons claimed swing speed & strike consistency with the driver. They would have to pick 2 of the following options for the entry:

Swing Speed
100mph & up
100mph - 91mph
90mph & below

Strike Consistency
Good to Excellent
Moderate
Bad to Horrible

THP would pick one random entry for possible combination.

101mph & up Swing Speed with Good to Excellent Strike Consistency
101mph & up Swing Speed with Moderate Strike Consistency
101mph & up Swing Speed with Bad to Horrible Strike Consistency
100mph - 91mph Swing Speed with Good to Excellent Strike Consistency
100mph - 91mph Swing Speed with Moderate Strike Consistency
100mph - 91mph Swing Speed with Bad to Horrible Strike Consistency
90mph & below Swing Speed with Good to Excellent Strike Consistency
90mph & below Swing Speed with Moderate Strike Consistency
90mph & below Swing Speed with Bad to Horrible Strike Consistency

Fitters from 4 OEMs would be given 20 minutes to fit each participant into the driver/shaft combo that they thought produced the best results for that participant. It would need to be a 2 day event to have time for the fittings in the morning & a round of golf each day. At the end of the fittings, the participant would be allowed to choose which driver/shaft combo they wanted to keep. The catch is that the participant would not be allowed to see or be told the results from the GC Quad until after they made their choice.

It would be fun to see how many people actually chose the driver that produced the best results for them based on the Foresight GC Quad data vs. brand preference, feel, sound & perceived performance.

Love is in the Air.

Ditto this one for sure.

Location: The International, Bolton, MA (can do stay and play)

Company: Cobra/Wilson/Cure

Im gonna leave the coordinating to the THP staff.... however I would love to see an event come to the metro Atlanta area or possibly at Reynolds Plantation!

The aloha open presented by THP. Ryder cup style. One round at kapalua the other round at Wailea gold.

I would love to see a knockout style event at some point based on singles match play.

That would be cool fup. Although I’d get out eaely

Love is in the air
Myrtle Beach

No question about it

Since joining the forum, my dream event has been the Morgan Cup at True Blue and Caledonia so that is what I am going with.

Almost anywhere as long as competition and THPers are involved!! Good times!!!

East vs West match play event with local match play qualifiers to represent your region. The finally would be at the Estancia club Arizona.

Well hell, if we're dreaming, lets go with a region, course and sponsor that we've never seen before. Ladies and Gents, welcome to "Ping in the PNW"

We'll be at Bandon Dunes because in this dream scenario money, commute time and convenience don't matter. It is a Fri-Sun event. Friday is a meet and greet putting competition with music and open bar at the Punchbowl. Sat and Sun are morning / afternoon rounds, 36 holes per day, so everyone gets to play all 4 courses. We will have 32 participants, with 16 two person teams. Everyone gets gear. The winning team gets to design a hole on the new course.

The THP Outing once again. At least 32 members at a great resort playing golf. Some club testing can be done but it doesn't have to be the purpose of the event.

The three that I went to got me hooked on THP.

Golf, friends, food, drinks, rinse and repeat.

Not sure what I would call it but I’m feeling Kiawah island 3 day event. 16 thpers in teams of 8. 1st day at oak, 2nd at osprey and 3rd at the ocean. Matchplay event with modified pinehurst,shamble, and four ball. In that order from day 1 to day 3.

Obviously not a free event as this may run to be pretty pricey..... haha but if it could be pulled off, it would be epic

Oh and walking mandatory unless you need a cart for disability reasons

Love is in the air.... Hands down. Can't put into words how amazing that weekend was...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Since we are getting crazy I will take a shot

The Wisconsin Wander
One week to tackle all the top courses in Wisconsin
Sand Valley
Mammoth Dunes
Erin Hills
Whistling Straits courses
Blackwolf Run courses

As many people as want to attend just bring your best golf shoes and plenty of golf balls.

East Coast vs West Coast .... held in the middle of the country at Jack's place, The Memorial

Assuming Callaway does Links at Petco next year, it would be super cool to see a THP/Callaway event during/at the Links at Petco!

Back