Your turn at being the THP Event Coordinator for 2018

Campbell Toe

AKA Campbell Toe
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
You are assigned to pick a location, course and name for the event.

Me-I would bring the #King back. It was my first THP event and enjoyed the heck out of it. Since I am a California boy, I want it in my home state. I would have it in Monterey and the course I would pick is Poppy Hills.

What says You?

US vs The World, Ryder Cup Style

Location would be Pebble Beach in US and then following year maybe Turnberry or somewhere in Scotland/England.... Then alternate US and outside US locations, could be anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Hmmm....

That’s a tough one.

But, I bring back the THP Outing. Bring together a massive amounts of THPers to just get out and tee it up for fun and laughs. Throw in a villa crawl and some other shenanigans and there you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Would be cool to have a 2 day event @ Sand Valley/Mammoth Dunes….and maybe include their Par 3 course? No idea what to name the event, though...

Ultimate Club testing without any one OEM...but all in the business support would be amazing. Just putting iron to rubber and letting it fly. I still don't know how THP pulled it off but it was amazing.

A club testing and then for the golf play your own ball and play with your buddies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since we're in fantasy land.

Name. International Incident
Location. Kananskis GC on both Mt. Kidd and Mt. Lauretta
Style of play. Canada vs USA Ryder Cup style.

The Masters Cup
Augusta National
2 THPer’s paired with 2 from the Wilson crew
2 THPer’s paired with 2 from the Callaway crew
1 group using UST shafts and the other using Project X handcrafted
2 rounds of best ball
Winners get lifetime tickets to the Masters

The Outing or Love is in the Air. The latter seems less stressful to set up than the first.

Company: I really enjoyed Cobra, but I think W/S would have a lot of fun with this one too.

Some really expensive options picked thus far.

If we are going that route I'll go Bandon!

Hmmm....

That’s a tough one.

But, I bring back the THP Outing. Bring together a massive amounts of THPers to just get out and tee it up for fun and laughs. Throw in a villa crawl and some other shenanigans and there you have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree there. Having a big group together for a day or two was a blast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be open to where but let me golf my ball with my buddies on nice courses and I am good to go. Greatly prefer it to be about the golf and good times in a non competition environment. Also greatly prefer stay and play.

For kicks

Mid Pines and Pine Needles as the courses . 27 holes Saturday, 18 Sunday

Food: would meet at a central location but everyone he on their own

Lodging: On site

Format: None play golf and enjoy what brings us all together. Some club testing on the range before would be a good throw in though.

This is a tough one. I've been fortunate to participate in many THP events but there will always be something about the Morgan Cup being played in Pawley's Island, SC. I would love to see the event back there and would do everything in my power to get back into the event. Match play golf is something I can't ever get enough of.

I’m going to have think
On this one haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Selfishly I would have an event in Nebraska, but I'd love to see one in the midwest in 2018, even in IOWA!!!

And I love team competitions and especially match play. Different formats per 9, and if possible a company connection, bringing with it some equipment and SWAG.

The Outing 2018.

Reunion.

Villa Crawl.

Golf on golf on golf on golf, just for fun and to hang out with fellow THP'ers. Its how relationships were forged here, would love to see it return.

I'd love something with some team-style golf at an incredible location I haven't heard about yet where I get to meet lots of THP'ers and learn something new about gear.

I think there's a safe bet something like that will be on the schedule for next year ;)

A Michigan event of course!

Shepards Hollow Golf Course in Clarkston/Fieldstone Golf course in Auburn Hills

2 day competition (27 on Saturday with team match play and 18 Sunday singles), some form of equipment involvement.

Grandaddy Alumni Event

ok I'll wake up now.

Whatever can include the most people and the most golf

Name: RTJ Golf Trail Trot
Course: Several

The logistics would be a total freaking nightmare, and it'd have to be a multiple day event.

Grandaddy Alumni Event

ok I'll wake up now.

Whatever can include the most people and the most golf

I think most of our team retired from golf after the event. LOL

I think most of our team retired from golf after the event. LOL

Well between '13, '14 and our team we should be able to field an 8 man event lol

The Outing or Love is in the Air. The latter seems less stressful to set up than the first.

Company: I really enjoyed Cobra, but I think W/S would have a lot of fun with this one too.

Chelsea still asks when the next LIITA is. "Just don't miss the sign up, ok?"

I would bring back the outing. I understand it's not that easy and it comes with some big headaches in terms of rooms and roommates, but I feel some of those big events where there are 30-50 THPers it helps bring some relationships that make having an actual conversation on the forum much much easier.

I'd send it back to PGA National, because I love that place. There doesn't need to be any big meals, just get that same room down in the Bear Trap and let THPers hang out, relax, and have some fun.

Back