New Ping Sigma G Putters

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

PING today expanded its popular Sigma G series of putters with two new highly forgiving mallets, the Craz-E and Tyne H. Featuring advancements to PING's patented True Roll Face Technology, and a multi-piece face engineered with an innovative material commonly used in the soles of high-performance athletic shoes, the Sigma G line offers significant improvements in feel, alignment and overall putting performance.

"By broadening the options for golfers with the Craz-E, an enduring classic, and the eye-catching Tyne H, we're able to introduce more players of all abilities to the phenomenal feel and full-face forgiveness of the Sigma G putters," said John A. Solheim, PING Chairman & CEO. "The uniquely softer feel and satisfying sound come from the combination of high-grade elastomer and fully machined aerospace-grade aluminum over the entire face. With improved ball-speed consistency and forgiveness, golfers will make more putts and gain confidence from any distance, and that's going to bring down scores."

The Craz-E and Tyne H Sigma G putters are available at authorized PING golf shops around the world. The Craz-E design has been a favorite of tour pros for several years with more than 70 winning versions showcased in the PING Gold Putter Vault, including three major titles. Its proven performance relies on a ball-width center sight line, and significant heel-toe and back weighting to achieve a high MOI for maximizing stability and balance. The Tyne H is distinguished from the original Tyne by an Anser-style hosel to fit a slight-arc stroke and create offset, plus a top-rail sight line that is white on a Black Nickel finish for contrast and easy alignment.

Sigma G face inserts are made of Pebax Elastomer, a lightweight, high-energy-return compound utilized in the soles of athletic shoes for its elasticity which provides the putters a uniquely soft yet responsive feel. PING's True Roll Face Technology provides full-face forgiveness. Precision milled from 6061 aerospace-grade aluminum, the face pattern varies in depth and pitch to improve performance and touch on putts of every length.

Impact stability with Sigma G is increased as a result of the larger face-insert cavities that allow weight savings to be re-distributed farther toward the perimeter to increase the MOI. Optimal CG positions help reduce skid and initiate forward roll. The Craz-E and Tyne H join 16 previously released blades, mid-mallets and mallets available to fit any stroke type, preferred look, and alignment style. All are finished in Platinum or Black Nickel and feature a contrasting face tone to assist in setup and alignment consistency.

Two proprietary PING Pistol tapered grips are offered. The PP60 (midsize, flat front with tapered contour) and PP62 (oversize, more rounded shape) are engineered to fit the contours of the hands.

U.S. MSRP: Craz-E: $215; Tyne H: $215
Adjustable-length shafts are available for an upcharge of U.S. MSRP: $35.
Sigma G Specifications
Craz-E (Platinum): Straight Stroke Type, 370g, Lie angle adjustable +-2°
Tyne H (Black Nickel): Slight Arc Stroke Type, 370g, Lie angle adjustable +-4°

2158910-L.png

2158908-L.png

2158909-L.png

2158907-L.png

Not for me but im sure they will be great putters

Love the Craz-E. It's been in my bag for a few months now and I have no intention of changing that. I dig the new look. I like silver and black in a putter. My only knock on mine is the hard feel of the face. I think Ping fixed that with this new insert. Looking forward to trying this one out. Both in fact.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

I want to roll that Tyne. I considered something from the Ping Sigma series during a recent search for a putter but the lack of ability to get a discount through Budget confirmed the decision to look at another OEM.

Looks like all OEM's are on the #7 wagon for sure.

Never really looked at a PING putter outside of rolling a few at the golf store. The Tyne is a shape that I don't mind though.

That Craze shape sure has stayed the same for quite a while. I remember having a G2 or maybe G5 in that shape, and looks almost identical still now.

Most underappreciated putters out there IMO.

The Craze is one of my favorite putter shapes. I still have a tour issue black insert G2i Craze that I will never get rid of.

Craze was one of my favorites for a while, was actually the putter I had in the bag when I joined THP. Really liked the feel I got from the sigma g anser when I roll it in the store(and do it every time). So this could be something that I might have to take a serious look at

I'm a big fan of this line, as I think the insert is great. The Tyne H looks like a solid offering.

I have always wanted to try a craz-e.

Ever since someone told me they look like a guy riding a motorcycle that is all I can see when I see them now lol

I would give the Tyne a run.

Yikes ... not for me but hey, someone can probably roll the rock well with it

Been playing the sigma g tyne and love it. It's a heavy head and sure is helpful for 6 footers an in. Also like the face balance. It sets so well behind the ball and the two trailing arm help with alignment.

Two rounds in with my new Sigma G Kushin and it's fantastic. Speed control is on point, forgiveness is good, and you know exactly when you've hit the sweet spot.

Now all I have to do is learn how to read greens.

So now that they have been out for awhile, what do you think of the Tyne? Anyone...anyone...

I used the Kushin because I like mid blades. Bend it to my spec and it homes for the hole. No idea on the tyne

Back