Today’s the Day: lets put together a round in the 60s

Gilbertc13

Mizuno Staffer
Reaction score
Handicap
Hey y’all. I’m playing a practice style round for my PAT today. The course I work at has the pins set in the middle and I will be playing a combo tee set of 6600 yards. If you were me, what would you do to go low?
My plan is to simplify the game. Instead of hitting the big drive to leave 60 yards in, maybe I’ll hit 4 iron to make sure I have a full club in.

What would you do if you were trying to go low?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Unless there are penal hazards in the 280 zone 4 iron/full club seems like the worst possible way to go low. Just my opinion though.

14 fairways and 18 greens and you'll be on track!

Bonus: Get those birdie putts inside 10 feet on the 18 greens you hit and good things will follow! :D

Good Luck!

pick your spots. assess the risk/reward of every shot. put a premium on short grass. take your medicine. commit.

when you figure out how to do all that, let me know cuz it would be good for my game too lol

Unless there are penal hazards in the 280 zone 4 iron/full club seems like the worst possible way to go low. Just my opinion though.

OB left and right

easier said than done, but obviously stay safe off the tee. If consistency isnt an issue, I would look at each tee box and figure out a drive that would leave me a 7 or 8 iron into each green.

OB left and right

That is going to make for a boring round. I hate courses like that with double ob unless you have over 70 yards to play with.

That is going to make for a boring round. I hate courses like that with double ob unless you have over 70 yards to play with.

Half my home course. Doesn’t play long but OB on both sides or OB on one and hazard on the other really makes for a tough round. I spray the driver and can get 230 out of my 4 iron off the tee (190 off fairway)

Aim for the middle of the greens

Find that club in your bag that’s been most consistent/predictable lately and try to hit it as much as possible. If it’s a 9iron, hit to that yardage on every hole, if it’s the driver, bring it out every chance you get.

I’m no pro but that’s usually what I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back