Golfjams Speaker Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New bluetooth speaker hitting the market designed specifically for golf. THP has them in house and will be sending one off to one of our staff writers shortly.

The Golfjams bluetooth speaker is a day-to-day accessory designed for use on the golf course.
The system is designed to easily attach to the down post of the golf cart with one of the included 1" or 1.25" velcro clips.
The speaker is weather resistant and comes complete with Speaker with Loop Velcro Bottom, universal device holder, USB Charging cable, 3.5mm Audio cable, USB Battery charger, 2 cart clips 1.0" and 1.25," 2 PC 2"x7" Loop Velcro For Other Applications (Phone, Music Devise, GPS Unit, Etc.), 2 Poker Chip Ball Markers and a Protective Carrying Bag.

slide_4.jpg

slide_6.jpg

slide_3.jpg

slide_2.jpg

Initial thought when looking at it and with what it comes with, is this is something I would see on a TV infomercial. Not sure why, just my initial reaction from looking at the pictures.

Initial thought when looking at it and with what it comes with, is this is something I would see on a TV infomercial. Not sure why, just my initial reaction from looking at the pictures.

Velcro.

Seems legit otherwise but after time velcro collects crap and becomes exponentially less effective.

Oh that looks pretty cool imo.

Golfjams Speaker Preview

Interesting. It looks awfully big IMO but sound is what wins out. Looking forward to the review. What's the definition of weather resistant again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with jman, the speaker and holder look nice. More direct sound outside the cart vs the speakers that sit inside a cup holder. I like the docking area for the phone. I wonder if the velcro can swapped out when I gets worn.

Interesting concept. Like others the concern is the longevity of the Velcro. I do like the attachment capability for phones, gps units.

Interesting, I like the design of holder but velcro worries me. Will be interested to hear SQ vs the puma soundchuck I currently have and battery life.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Question, how fast does everyone think velcro wears out?

Looks cool but no way I trust my phone attached to the pillar with Velcro on cart paths around here. Any idea on price?

Looks cool but no way I trust my phone attached to the pillar with Velcro on cart paths around here. Any idea on price?
Looking at their website, 119.00

Man these look big. Also worried my phone would fall from the cart during a bumpy ride.

Man these look big. Also worried my phone would fall from the cart during a bumpy ride.
It's Bluetooth, so I imagine using the cell phone clip is just an option and not required.

decent looking idea. looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it!

Interesting concept. Like others the concern is the longevity of the Velcro. I do like the attachment capability for phones, gps units.

I wouldn't trust the velcro long term but I have a roll of the 3M Dual Lock in my garage that I would trust. It's 5+ times stronger than velcro and would last at least several years for this application. I have it on my bike handlebars to hold my phone and it works great. Places like Target and Home Depot sell it.

3m-dual-lock-1-inch.jpg

After our round with JohnnyMoJo and Donne and there tunes playing in the cart it was kinda relaxing .Ill be looking for the testers thoughts on this one.

I really like the looks of this thing. Good quality Velcro lasts a pretty long time. The cheaper stuff can fail in a matter of months.
Hopefully the designers used the good stuff. I'm becoming more of a fan of light music on the course.

I love this idea.
My current speaker has fallen off the cart, had beer spilled on it, and can't handle other devices.
I will keep on eye out for this one.

Cool idea, but the velcro scares me.

~Rock

I like the idea but the only thing that would scare me is that thing baking in the sun for close to 4 1/2 hours. I know I used to use a phone holder that sat on top of my motorcycle tank to send music to the speakers and it would overheat in about an hour.

I think this is a really cool design. Looking forward to hearing about the quality of the sound and how well constructed it is.

Wish it wasn't cart specific since I don't ride much but understand the audience.

Thing looks ginormous, but looks pretty solid if you ride a lot. Everyone must have some really bad experiences with velcro or something. That wouldn't give me any concerns, I'm assuming they used some quality stuff, which it looks like in the pics.

Pretty cool concept there. Also wonder about the Velcro, some courses I play are pretty bumpy. Can't wait for the review.

Looks pretty cool to me. The Velcro part worries me a bit over time.

Back