The Quick Six with Nippon Shafts: Popularity, Manufacturing and More

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The Quick Six segment is back today with a fun quick six question interview with Nippon Shafts. Hiro gives us the insight into a number of different questions and you can find it all on the THP Home Page or THP Mobile App.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/quick-six-nippon-shafts-popularity-manufacturing/

Balls-1024x576.jpg

Nice segment here, I can admit I didn't know they made graphite shafts and while I've seen Nippon available during iron fittings it's just one of those brands that has never came into the picture for me.

Curious to know if they do or if there is any attempt to get them as a stock shaft into any major OEM's iron models as I think that would help familiarize consumers with their product.

Love the candid response about why consumers aren't aware of their graphite options.

I've been a fan of Nippon shafts ever since I had the 950 in a set of Nike irons (I _think_ that might have been the subject of my first post here?). The 105s I had in the

Was interesting to hear their thoughts on their material/manufacturing advantage. Also their candor regarding the graphite line in terms of promotion. While it's different segment, interesting to hear their take on how the tour influences sales vs. the approach Dean Snell talked about in the podcast yesterday.

Informative segment. Also liked the candid response about graphite. Really wish there was more info available on their graphite iron shafts. Also find it odd that they only have R and X flex specs listed for those shafts on their website. The N.S. Pro 950GH shafts were my favorite steel shafts that I ever gamed but I bound to graphite from here on out.

Have always like the feel of their shafts. Doesn't seem like any club manufacturer even offers their graphite shafts as an upgrade option.

echoing what others are saying about graphite. never seen them to even try, but i would love to since i love their iron shafts so much.

i've gamed pro 1150gh, modus 120, modus 105, and modus 115 wedge. my next set will have modus 105 again after being fit into them and beating out other competition. best feeling and performing shafts for my game.

what was the shaft that was second from the top? it had the graphics on the top 1/4 or 1/2. looks really cool!

• Admin
echoing what others are saying about graphite. never seen them to even try, but i would love to since i love their iron shafts so much.

i've gamed pro 1150gh, modus 120, modus 105, and modus 115 wedge. my next set will have modus 105 again after being fit into them and beating out other competition. best feeling and performing shafts for my game.

what was the shaft that was second from the top? it had the graphics on the top 1/4 or 1/2. looks really cool!

I’m glad Hiro was able to be clear on why it’s not. Hopefully that changes.

Can't believe I missed this yesterday. I'm a massive fan of Nippon and if I go back to steel there is zero doubt the 120's will be through my bag.

Thoughts:

1) I love the use of the "pyramid of influence", good stuff!

2) Their tolerances are incredible.

3) I freaking LOVE that they know where they are lacking in marketing, knowing is the first step to fixing.

Im absolutely not surprised by what was said in this article. Nippon is among the world leaders in quality steel products. They take a high quality suspension grade steel, probably 9254, and then process it through a few different acid baths and then have it heat treated. It's how they and many other golf equipment manufacturers can offer such strong yet soft feeling products. Most of the time they can take a cast product and through processing make it feel identical to forged. Love interviews like this

Can't believe I missed this yesterday. I'm a massive fan of Nippon and if I go back to steel there is zero doubt the 120's will be through my bag.

Thoughts:

1) I love the use of the "pyramid of influence", good stuff!

2) Their tolerances are incredible.

3) I freaking LOVE that they know where they are lacking in marketing, knowing is the first step to fixing.

If your talking about the manufacturing and quality tolerances, they're by far a world leader. Right up there with Mitsubishi. Every single coil of steel they receive has to go through mandatory front and back end checks along with thermal imaging and ultrasound testing to ensure structure. One of the biggest hang ups in bringing their product to American mills is their hard stance on quality. We quality test about 20% of the frequency they do

The Modus 3 120's sound like a shaft I need to give a try, though it will be tough to kick the LZ's out of the bag

I have been fit into Nippon iron shafts twice and have really enjoyed them both times. Light weight, great feeling but fantastic dispersion.

Very interested in seeing their graphite options soon.

I have gamed Nippon shafts for well over 10 years, and as long as I'm staying with steel, anticipate my iron shafts will be Nippon.

Nice segment here, I can admit I didn't know they made graphite shafts and while I've seen Nippon available during iron fittings it's just one of those brands that has never came into the picture for me.

Curious to know if they do or if there is any attempt to get them as a stock shaft into any major OEM's iron models as I think that would help familiarize consumers with their product.

Love the candid response about why consumers aren't aware of their graphite options.

Not sure if anyone has answered this, but for a few oems you can get Nippon as a no charge option. Also I believe srixon or Bridgestone uses them as their stock offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back