The 2015 Gauntlet w/ Callaway Golf - THP Major Series

Question of the day for Gauntlet attendees:

Is there one specific shot/aspect of your game you have been putting extra practice into since being selected?

Is there one specific shot/aspect of your game you have been putting extra practice into since being selected?
I would have to say that I really took a look at how I approach a round of golf and have made major course management changes. I also have been taking practice more seriously and have been working on short game short game short game!

Honestly, no not one, I'm working on everything more often than usual. Full swings, green side, and putting. Everything needs work, so I've been hitting it all.

I'm working on hole in ones

Anyone getting in some Gauntlet prep this weekend? Anything different from your normal weekend of golf?

Some range time and perhaps 9 tomorrow. Busy weekend.

For me it's just attention to my overall game to make sure I can put forth the best effort possible for my team. I have no illusions of going out and firing a 78 and being carried off the course on their shoulders. I simply want to make sure I play good golf and when the bad shots come, don't compound them with another bad shot.

Wedges and putting. Really confident in my driver and approach shots, but wedge shots and pitches have been a struggle lately. Gotta put in more work.

If it were me, for my game, I would be pounding in work in my mid to long irons. Making sure I was on point for the longer iron approach shots into the greens.

Extra work would be going into sand shots (same as I did for a refresher before MSP), and tons of effort on having the shortest first putt as possible.

Hit fairways, hit greens, make putts, and have fun!

5 foot putts. It's match play. The more 5 footers you make early the better off you are standing over a 3 or 4 footer with the pressure turned up

In all honesty though, I'm just working on golfing my ball right now and getting out of my own way. I'm playing really good golf recently, and the only thing still holding back some of my scores are a few blow up holes that I just get in a mental block and start losing shots.

That and 125 in. Short game is no joke, contrary to the belief of some. My scores today could have been at least 5-8 strokes better easily with better pitching and chip shots.

Two specific aspects, getting off the tee and short around the green shots. Both have been Achilles heels and both have been getting a ton of attention. Had a big breakthrough with driving, and taking a couple short game lessons to firm things up before leaving.

54 holes with THPers this weekend. Tired but it was a lot of fun and was very good gauntlet prep. Few things to iron out before cog hill, but my sand play has been pretty good lately, which should come in quite handy at the gauntlet.

Played a little Ryder cup style event with lordbyron and sassan yesterday. I had my D game, was giving 3 strokes and still managed to squeak out the win. The wrist was in bad shape. Couldn't release the club because of the pain. My game inside of 100 yds saved me though.

Did go see a doctor on Friday and he said it's just tendinitis. Told me to it swing a golf club for two weeks. So there will be a lot of putting and chipping practice between now and next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I absolutely cannot wait for Top Golf.

I absolutely cannot wait for Top Golf.

Hopefully there are plenty of pics / periscope going on at Top Golf! Really looking forward to following along.

Catching up on the weekend with a big multi-quote

3 weeks from today we'll be meeting with our teams at dinner!

This is awesome!

Anyone getting in some Gauntlet prep this weekend? Anything different from your normal weekend of golf?

I played Friday PM, Saturday, and Sunday. Trying to play a lot to get practice out of different difficult situations. I gave my cousin 15 strokes in our high-stakes $1 Nassau on Saturday (I won the front 3up, he won the back 1up, I beat him by 5 on the net score as well). Today, we played a match on the back 9; the director of golf and me (5 dots) vs. the father (4 dots)-son combo in my usual weekend group. I think Dave and I won 1up.

I have dhartmann's wedding tonight. Trying to decide if I want to get up at 5 to go out for 9 tomorrow Maybe I'll do that Sunday.

How was the wedding?

I've just been working on making better contact, especially with my longer irons. Hitting it really fat makes me really embarrassed.

5 foot putts. It's match play. The more 5 footers you make early the better off you are standing over a 3 or 4 footer with the pressure turned up

Very true!

In all honesty though, I'm just working on golfing my ball right now and getting out of my own way. I'm playing really good golf recently, and the only thing still holding back some of my scores are a few blow up holes that I just get in a mental block and start losing shots.

That and 125 in. Short game is no joke, contrary to the belief of some. My scores today could have been at least 5-8 strokes better easily with better pitching and chip shots.

This is a perpetual struggle for me. +1 for the short game sentiments. I got a few 80-100yd shots close today and I was petrified of that distance about three months ago.

Played a little Ryder cup style event with lordbyron and sassan yesterday. I had my D game, was giving 3 strokes and still managed to squeak out the win. The wrist was in bad shape. Couldn't release the club because of the pain. My game inside of 100 yds saved me though.

Did go see a doctor on Friday and he said it's just tendinitis. Told me to it swing a golf club for two weeks. So there will be a lot of putting and chipping practice between now and next weekend

Hope it heals soon and you're back to 100% in time!

I've been putting in more work on my short game, and I think it has paid off so far. I'm getting up and down a lot more often, and that only builds the confidence. Makes some of my wayward tee and approach shots bearable

Hopefully there are plenty of pics / periscope going on at Top Golf! Really looking forward to following along.

You can count on that!

I'm almost certain there will be an awesome live update thread filled with great posts and pictures of everything we see

I've been having some issues with my shoulder lately as well. Ibuprofen hasn't eliminated the pain while playing, but it has helped subside it enough to play.

I've been having some issues with my shoulder lately as well. Ibuprofen hasn't eliminated the pain while playing, but it has helped subside it enough to play.

Playing with pain is tough, but sometimes it's the only way to get through a round. :beat-up: Hopefully you young bucks will heal up before the big show down!

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Or something.

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.

Or something.

I wish it would stay in ?

Let's move across the street to the par 5 11th. Another beast of a par 5. A tough second shot no matter what.

8031a2668272427bc3944f34b2202a1f.jpg

http://youtu.be/Fa8IYQDdMAQ

This hole screams 3 shot par 5 to me.

This hole screams eagle to me

Back