Putters With Short Faces but High MOI?

Shakey

#TheGolfWhisperer
Reaction score
Handicap
10.7 Index
Are there any modern putters that have faces that are shorter in length, but high MOI?

I used to have a Taylormade Rossa Tourismo that featured this kind of design, but I can't think of any relatively current putters with this shape.

Toulon Memphis

Toulon Memphis
I pick this putter up every time I'm in the golf shop & it rolls the ball great. It's been a while since I went in, so I forgot about it.

Do they make a center shafted version?

Kind of hard to have a high MOI without the width. MOI is created by getting the weight wide and back.

Kind of hard to have a high MOI without the width. MOI is created by getting the weight wide and back.
I agree that high MOI requires getting the weight back & wide, but I think you could still have a short putter face & get high MOI if the putter was in the shape of an isosceles trapezoid.

I agree that high MOI requires getting the weight back & wide, but I think you could still have a short putter face & get high MOI if the putter was in the shape of an isosceles trapezoid.

You sure could get it with that shape, getting consumers to buy it would be the problem. Looks are too important for most people, not many can judge on the engineering beauty of something.

Those T design putters would seemingly fit the bill. Odyssey had a "Big T" design. Rife has the two bar blade that is basically that.

You could also get high MOI out of a heavier head.

Toulon Memphis

I'll second this one...and they do not have a center shaft option. Who knows they may add it to the Garage in the future.

Back