Favorite Masters Moment

THP Radio has a full segment on this exact topic on the show that just went up.

In recent memory.... Oosties Double Eagle on 2 and Bubba's shot in the playoff to win. Overall, I would have to say when Tiger won the first time was just after I had really started taking up the game. As much as I dont like him now, it was very inspirational at the time

A more recent one I enjoyed was when adam scott made a clutch 15 footer on 18... he and Williams were fist pumping and jumping around like they had already won... enter Angel Cabrera who stuck a long iron to 6ft through a driving rain... I loved watching him chase down that ball right after he hit it... he knew it was going to be that good.

When I was listening to the Dean Has Spoken I immediately thought of Tiger's chip on 16. Phil's pine straw shot on 13 is right up there too.

I've got to agree with Tiger's chip in. Bubba's shot is 2nd for me.

When I was listening to the Dean Has Spoken I immediately thought of Tiger's chip on 16. Phil's pine straw shot on 13 is right up there too.
Such iconic shots in masters history!

A more recent one I enjoyed was when adam scott made a clutch 15 footer on 18... he and Williams were fist pumping and jumping around like they had already won... enter Angel Cabrera who stuck a long iron to 6ft through a driving rain... I loved watching him chase down that ball right after he hit it... he knew it was going to be that good.

Cabrera is such a gamer...that took some stones after watching that from the fairway.

Nicklaus winning in 1986 at age 46. I followed golf in the 70s and 80s, and Jack, Watson, Crenshaw, Player, etc. were my golf heroes. Jack winning in '86 was awesome. After that I didn't follow much golf with the exception of Tiger-mania until last year.

Tiger's chip. My whole family was actually watching at the time, something they never do. I remember for the last few holes they were glued to the TV watching golf for the first and only time with me.

Watching the 86 highlights when did people stop counting the US AM as a major. They were giving him credit for 20 majors after that win.

The 2004 Masters when Phil made the putt and that awkward "white guy" jump still gets me every time I see it.

Tiger's chip in on 16 in 2005

I'm torn between 2:

1- Jack's shot into 15 on that special sunday in 86
2- Phil's shot from the pine straw

Favorite Masters Moment

I would say Phil's shot from the pine needles but the Bubba from the pine needles in a playoff for the win is just such a much bigger moment

In recent memory.... Oosties Double Eagle on 2 and Bubba's shot in the playoff to win. Overall, I would have to say when Tiger won the first time was just after I had really started taking up the game. As much as I dont like him now, it was very inspirational at the time

I agree with both of these.

Although I still like Tiger (between the ropes, when he's actually playing).

KJ Choi holes out from the fairway on 11! For eagle. But it's like Dean and JB said....there are so many memories!

Watching Jack win his final masters. I can close my eyes and see him raise the putter in the air from the 16th green.

2005 Tiger's chip in. I just got back from a round with my buddies, when it was more about drinking beer and being outside than anything else, when we we were back at their place watching the final groups playing the back nine. We all saw Tiger's chip in and went nuts, even though, deep down, we all knew it was going in the whole time.

My other favorite memory was when Rory choked and Schwartzel won. Not because of the result, but because I was alone for the first time with my daughter with my wife out of town and even though she was fussy the whole weekend (at about 6 months), she calmed down when the tournament was on and we watched and enjoyed it together.

The chip will be number one for a long time. I think bubbas wedge is close but 2005 masters will always be the first thing.

I have a couple...the first has to be 1986...I remember sitting in the snack bar at my local golf course watching Jack make that incredible run on the back 9!

Phil's first win.....when he jumped straight in the air....I think I jumped with him.

The chip. I will always remember seeing that on live TV and literally jumping out of my chair.

Favorite Masters Moment

The press conference before the Saturday round when Colin M was so confident he could chase down TW. And the presser that followed the round, when TW laid claim to the event.

Which year was that? I remember Monty saying everyone was playing for second when Tiger was at his peak (can't remember what major it was, may have been the masters). And that mentality there is why he never won a major!

My favorite memory is Sandy Lyle in 87. 7 iron out of the bunker on 18, then that tricky little down hill putt to win followed by his little jig when he drained it. It was gone midnight in the UK and I had school the next morning. I had just started to mess around with an old set of golf clubs, and that moment where Lyle became the first Brit to win a green jacket got me hooked!

Tigers chip would be up there. Still the greatest shot I've ever seen. Personally, I think the greatest shot ever played in golf.

The end of the tournament that made me want to play golf:

oller-7-17-art0-gbmtcds2-1masters-5-jpg.jpg

Tigers chip is probably the most famous shot amongst people who have a vague interest in golf. It's impossible to beat, everything about it came so perfectly together to create such drama.
I mean the Nike tick hanging before dropping in? Those sort of things only happen in the movies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ball hanging on the bank on 12, Freddy gets up and down for par and goes on to win in 92.

Back