NO1 50 Pro Grips - THP Preview

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
In for a little Spotlight action is what is honestly an interesting one, the "50 Pro" grips from the Japanese brand NO1. As a company NO1 is one of two significant Japanese players in the game with their rubber technology and have a pretty decent presence on the tours (especially LPGA) including one well known name in Y.E. Yang. Traditionally when we see NO1 grips here they are really bright colors of all styles, but the 50 Pro's are completely blacked out, including the paintfill. These are considered their "players" type grips as they are a good bit more firm than the other offerings in their lineup but are still the same EXTREMELY tacky rubber makeup.

They do have a price of $16.00 per grip, which is a LOT for many of us I know, but there is also a lot that goes into the materials that they use, and they genuinely believe they have a superior product.

About NO1:
For a more consistent and accurate swing, NO1 Grip has discovered the importance of re-gripping. Similar to the concept of re-shafting for faster club head speed, NO1 Grip will help you "re grip" and maximize playability.
From improved trajectory, increased distance, to lower scores, NO1 Grip will change your game. Your grip is the only part of the club that comes in contact with your body. Grip feedback and stability are critical at the moment of impact. NO1 Grip addresses this often-overlooked issue by providing players with the highest performing grips in the market. Adding our grips to your clubs will bring you the much needed stability and confidence for your unique swing.

NO1 Grips come in various sizes and firmness, so you can find one that helps perform at your highest level, increase distance, and ultimately improve your score. With the feel and spin efficiency custom fit to your unique swing, NO1 Grip brings the most out of every golfer.

Technology:
To create something we've never made before. To pursue the ideal touch, feel, and comfort. The product is made only in Japan, using the latest technology, by the hands of world-class developers and engineers. We've utilized our finest resources to create the most textured and precise golf grip of all time.

An F1 machine uses specially made racing tires to increase lap time by a mere 1/1000 seconds. We at No1 Grip believe in the same concept, having chosen the best materials to create a superior feeling between you and your clubs. Our grips deliver exceptional adhesion, which is key to lowering your scores.

NO1 50 Pro Grips:
Our new proprietary elastomer features a 30% firmer compound providing solid feel while maintaining the signature sticky and tacky touch of the 50 series. The grip body and accents are in a bold, yet stealth all black – sure to match with your sticks.

• Available Round Only
  • Weight: 50g (±1g)
  • Core Size: 0.56
In-Hand Images:

20150823_145945-XL.jpg

20150823_150020-XL.jpg

20150823_150056-XL.jpg

20150823_150108-XL.jpg

20150823_150244-XL.jpg

• Staff
In hand, the pattern is definitely really similar to crosslines, and there is some DEPTH to the pattern here, combines with the CRAZY tacky material its a unique feel (that is about a million times better than the terrible crosslines, but that is a completely personal opinion) and its got some real grip to it without being corded, its interesting. Curious to see how things stick to them early, and also how they treat my gloves and hands (I'll play them gloved and gloveless).

Also, I'll have some on club pics today after I hit up the course.

I have seen these in PGASS for at least a year or so, probably not these exact ones as I cant see the photos because PB is blocked here. I always thought they felt a little weird but interested to hear what you thought of them on the clubs

from the pics it looks like a similar feel and material to pure grips. Love the blacked out logo. Looking forward to the spotlight coverage.

Good to see these in for review!

• Staff
I have seen these in PGASS for at least a year or so, probably not these exact ones as I cant see the photos because PB is blocked here. I always thought they felt a little weird but interested to hear what you thought of them on the clubs

Its a crazy "different" feeling for sure, and even moreso on the club as opposed to just in hand and ungripped.

James - by visuals (which I know mean nothing when we're talking materials), these look like they'd be similar to the I-lines. Are they, or am I just reading too much into looks?

I like the slightly different take on the velvet/crossline pattern. I tend to prefer this type of grip over the firmer/corded grips, so I'm looking forward to the thoughts on these.

• Staff
from the pics it looks like a similar feel and material to pure grips. Love the blacked out logo. Looking forward to the spotlight coverage.

Way, way, way, way, way, way better feeling IMO. I'm not a PURE fan at all, but these are pretty nice/different in hand.

• Staff
James - by visuals (which I know mean nothing when we're talking materials), these look like they'd be similar to the I-lines. Are they, or am I just reading too much into looks?

I like the slightly different take on the velvet/crossline pattern. I tend to prefer this type of grip over the firmer/corded grips, so I'm looking forward to the thoughts on these.

Similar pattern for sure, first thing I thought of, but much more aggressive/deep.

The company says these come in multiple sizes. Are the smaller/less circumference than other grips, like many things originating from Japan?

What kind of tacky feel are they similar to? Are we talking new UTx tacky? Brand new Tour Wrap tacky? Or Iomic?

Its a crazy "different" feeling for sure, and even moreso on the club as opposed to just in hand and ungripped.

They almost felt plasticky if that makes any sense in the bin and in hand but have had zero experience on an actual club. Looking forward to your thoughts.

The company says these come in multiple sizes. Are the smaller/less circumference than other grips, like many things originating from Japan?

These are standard to our sizes, another aspect of the Pro's different than others. They built up for me just the same as all my GP/Lamkin grips do.

What kind of tacky feel are they similar to? Are we talking new UTx tacky? Brand new Tour Wrap tacky? Or Iomic?

Yes. Hahaha

All of the above honestly, grip of the UTx (without sweat on hands mind you) but a blend of the iLine/Iomic and the Tour Wraps with a significantly deeper tread.

I am looking forward to hearing thoughts on durability as it almost presents as a bolded 'crossline' pattern that leaves some of the cell walls quite thin.

Also, that is a 'murdered' out grip if I've ever seen one!

Love the look to them, but 16.00 a grip pretty much rules them out for me, but if they are performers gloveless I will keep a look out for coupon codes.

Interested to hear more. I almost tried some from this brand because i saw them on regripit.com and liked some of the colors. The price and unknown quality was just way too much for me to pull the trigger tho.

At $16 I hope the durability is high on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a No1 on my driver. It's not the pro series but just a regular 50. It's one of my favorite grips. It's durable, tacky without that weird sticky feeling and the ridges or whatever you want to call them are comforting without affecting my grip or being overwhelming.

I have the pro grip a real hard look for my new RIP Alpha shaft because I thought the blacked out look would be awesome, but shied away because the overly firm aspect of it made me concerned about feel when the grip got wet.

The 50 is their mid sized version but it plays more like standard IMO

Spending more than twice as much on grips would make me hesitate on these. But, if they are superior and also very durable, I could understand the appeal.

I think they look really cool, but I cannot pay $16 for any grip.

I think they look really cool, but I cannot pay $16 for any grip.
Some of the other colors they have really do look badass and id rock them in a second but id rather get a whole set of ilines for the cost of 2 of these haha. Wish lamkin would borrow some of those color schemes haha

tried them once, and they were WAY too slick for my sweaty/greasy hands. fwiw i have no issues with gp tv, but these no1 grips were so slippery. and at $16 i'd never sniff them again. obviously ymmv

FWIW, these can easily be had for less than the $16 MSRP.

I thought Pure as well when I saw them. These also look a bit plasticy and I think firm when I see them.

Pretty big claims from them about how much difference a grip can make so looking forward to the feedback.

I thought Pure as well when I saw them. These also look a bit plasticy and I think firm when I see them.

Pretty big claims from them about how much difference a grip can make so looking forward to the feedback.

A ton better than PURE already IMO, and without that damn stink. Much better material in terms of tack/cushion balance.

Back