Contest: Cobra KING F7 Driver

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
It's time to have a little fun and give away one of these awesome drivers.

[video=youtube;cp-9a2lVwc8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp-9a2lVwc8[/video]

How to Enter
Watch the video above
Post in this thread your favorite thing Mike Yagley has to say about it
Sit back and see if you won

Rules
Enter by Monday 10/9 at 11:59PM EST
Winner will be chosen randomly

Good luck everybody.

I enjoyed the bit on the action weight.

Thanks for the opportunity.

Didn't realize the Carbon Fiber was that much lighter than Titanium. I like the idea of dropping spin rate but increasing ball speed just by moving the weights.

The "forgiving" part right at the start peaked my interest, then the weight movements seemed intriguing. Seemed a little more straight forward then the 400 adjustments that my Taylormade has to do now. Looks good!

Watching video but sitting contest out since I already have one, someone will be very pleased!!

• Admin
Didn't realize the Carbon Fiber was that much lighter than Titanium. I like the idea of dropping spin rate but increasing ball speed just by moving the weights.

You will love this video then.

Very interesting video. The information on the weight ports and the effects that it has on the flight, speed and spin are great. A lot of times it feels like trial and error to find what you want but with that info you can better match what you are looking for set up wise.

I enjoyed him talking about the weight savings of the crown and what they could do with an extra 7 grams. Its like a little kid who made $15 with a lemonade stand, then went and bought some cool toys he'd been eyeing at the store- I always feel like Yagley really enjoys what he does.

I'd have to say that the carbon fiber crown being put in this driver to help max the MOI and forgiveness is what stands out to me the most.

Thanks for the chance THP and Cobra!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hearing about the weight ports and all the different impacts they make when the weight is in each. I would be putting mine near the face

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I liked the part about re-distributing the 7 g of weed saved by using the fiberglass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Carbon fibre

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I like the forgiveness aspect by having the movable weights with the carbon fiber crown. Would love to see how this would help my dispersion.

Awesome, thanks JB and THP.

My favorite part is his comments about the options with the weights. Its been a while since I played a driver with any kind of movable weight, and I like the options they put into the F7.

I already am gaming a Cobra F7 family driver so this is not an entry.

My favorite thing Yagley said about this driver came from the Morgan Cup. He shared that one of the engineers (?) that worked on this driver is a higher handicap player. The guy was incredibly inspired about this driver. He thought about it night and day trying to figure out ways to help make the game easier / better for people just like himself.

Great contest, I love hearing Yagley talk tech!!

Like others, what stood out to me most was the discussion about how much weight distribution was able to give so many more MOI and swing CG characteristics. Great stuff!

Not an entry because I already have one, but I just want to say that I love this driver. Whoever does win is going to get something that is really special. Super forgiving and LONG.

I am really impressed at the weight savings of carbon fiber over titanium, allowing them the ability to put weight where it helps the most

You will love this video then.

Good grief ... the engineering behind making a golf club is much more in depth & complex than I ever thought it was. "3000 hits it survives if we do it this way ... but if we do it This way, it breaks." A couple mm in thickness. It's just mind boggling

Big fan of the forgiveness and the movable weights. Thanks for another great contest.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like that changing the weights are straight forward and you have a couple of options. I also like the part about the crown being made of Textreme. Bauer uses that in their hockey sticks, so it piqued my interest immediately :) I also am looking for a lower spin driver from my current gamer, so this would be nice.

I liked hearing about their version of adjustability, and how it effects ball flight! Very cool stuff...

Good grief ... the engineering behind making a golf club is much more in depth & complex than I ever thought it was. "3000 hits it survives if we do it this way ... but if we do it This way, it breaks." A couple mm in thickness. It's just mind boggling

And now finally, this one will BLOW YOUR MIND! Mike Yagley and Dean compare creating a driver to working at his previous line of work. AMAZING!
#THPTV nothing like it anywhere.

My favorite thing is the carbon fiber crown "enabling technology" allowing more weight to be distributed around the perimeter to increase MOI and forgiveness.

Great contest. Thanks THP and Cobra!

Back