GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Where do you get your news from?

I assume for golf everyone comes to THP ; ) But what about everyday news? I often read Yahoo, but lately I feel like it's more about celebrity gossip than current events, which has made me think about looking elsewhere.

That got me thinking, where do most people go for their daily current events updates?

Reddit.

I use non mainstream outlets, Breitbart, The Blaze, The Hill, Drudge. I will also check BBC and Reuters.

I have a TV nearby my desk with local news on all day and then typically have news.google.com up on the PC.

I'm not much of a reader except for on here so I pick up my special daily events news on wsb-tv channel 2 out of Atlanta.

Generally, I use Google News a lot or BBC America. I browse both Fox News and CNN because CNN is every bit as liberal as Fox News is conservative. You really have to look at both sites to get both sides of the stories (or see stories on one which won't appear on the other)

I drive a ways for work, so I listen to NPR both ways. Get good news and commentary. Much more balanced than my parents would have you believe.

Generally, I use Google News a lot or BBC America. I browse both Fox News and CNN because CNN is every bit as liberal as Fox News is conservative. You really have to look at both sites to get both sides of the stories (or see stories on one which won't appear on the other)

I don't follow the news too much, but I was always under the impression that MSNBC was the liberal counterpart to fox news and CNN was pretty unbiased. Again, I don't watch any of them, so that might be incorrect.

I go to Fox, then I go to CNN. Just like to get an idea of what's going on in the world.

I read yahoo for all around news. I like Marketwatch for my market news. And I'll visit Cnn and local news paper sites for other news.

Usually Yahoo!. I will sponge as much as I can get, Fox News, MSNBC, and formerly The Daily Show. If something intrigues me, I will dig deeper and try to find a few articles from different sources on the subject.

I don't follow the news too much, but I was always under the impression that MSNBC was the liberal counterpart to fox news and CNN was pretty unbiased. Again, I don't watch any of them, so that might be incorrect.

I don't look at MSNBC much, but I certainly wouldn't call CNN unbiased at all. I remember one day when Fox's top story was Benghazi emails and CNN's top story was on transgender rights. Neither site had any mention of the other's top story. If that doesn't show two different sides of the fence, I don't know what does.

I don't look at MSNBC much, but I certainly wouldn't call CNN unbiased at all. I remember one day when Fox's top story was Benghazi emails and CNN's top story was on transgender rights. Neither site had any mention of the other's top story. If that doesn't show two different sides of the fence, I don't know what does.

Gotcha. Yea like I said I don't watch either so I wasn't sure

Drudge
Foxnews.com
allsides.com
tad bit of Yahoo
local CBS affiliate

*The Daily Show was a comedy show. John Stewart is a comedian.

New York Times website subscription

Local Newspaper website

The Economist

politico.com
thedailybeast.com

Unfortunately my access at work is limited so I am relegated to CNN and USA Today

I have a folder of favorites I keep an eye on.

National:
CNN.com
FiveThirtyEight
NBC News
Politico.com
USAToday.com

Regional:
AJC.com (Atlanta Newspaper)
AL.com (Alabama Newspapers)

Local:
TimesFreePress.com (Chattanooga Newspaper)
Cleveland Daily Banner (Cleveland Newspaper)

only cnn, and usually check it a handful of times a day. i like reddit for some interesting stuff that usually flies under the radar, but it's really comical to see how often something will hit page 1 of reddit, and cnn will pick it up like 24-36 hours later!

My go to national news source is CNN.com. If there is anything politically charged going on I will check Fox News for the other side of the story,

World/National:
Bloomberg Business
Drudge including links at the bottom of the page to other sites (BBC etc).

Local:
11 o'clock news from a local affiliate.

Immediate:
Scanner app on phone for why the police helicopter's searchlight is illuminating my backyard....

On my phone Google News and Yahoo News. In print the WSJ.

Usually Breitbart for political stuff, I check out CSMonitor for news as it seems pretty unbiased (i think based on their charter)... Yahoo is terrible. I check it every day for the major stuff, but it seems like every other article is an advertisement or celebrity garbage like you mentioned.

I typically monitor headlines from Yahoo. Then, CNN. I used to go to USAToday.com, instead of CNN. But, I am not a fan of their redesigned site, which is unfortunate, because they are probably the most neutral of any news feed.

I usually don't go fishing for news. I figure if something happens it will filter to my twitter feed through somebody pretty quickly, then I'll search out more info if I'm interested.

Back