JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Some pretty neat tech in this thing.
The AI stuff is awesome.

No wireless charging and those bezels!

pixel 2 XL is the better device of the two IMO based on hardware. Some cool features, but honestly not enough to push me in that direction at the moment. I went from stock android for almost two years to a Samsung skin and honestly I don't miss much about the stock experience. I think it's funny they went after apple for the no headphone jack and 1 year later they remove it. From watching the announcement the other day, the camera looks and sounds pretty damn impressive, but honestly the cameras on the top devices now are all pretty damn good.

pixel 2 XL is the better device of the two IMO based on hardware. Some cool features, but honestly not enough to push me in that direction at the moment. I went from stock android for almost two years to a Samsung skin and honestly I don't miss much about the stock experience. I think it's funny they went after apple for the no headphone jack and 1 year later they remove it. From watching the announcement the other day, the camera looks and sounds pretty damn impressive, but honestly the cameras on the top devices now are all pretty damn good.
I used each iteration of the Samsung Note line up until the Note 7 debacle which pushed me into a Pixel XL. Vanilla Android has developed so much for than it was even two years ago and the software feature experience isn't nearly as minimal as it was once, but the UI is super light and fast. I love it. Just pre-ordered my Pixel XL 2.

The Google translate integration with the Pixel Buds is pretty impressive! Machine learning is really pushing things forward.

The Google translate integration with the Pixel Buds is pretty impressive! Machine learning is really pushing things forward.

I was really impressed with the pixel buds.

The front facing stereo speakers on the XL will be my cup of tea if I switch platforms again.

I'm really digging this phone and its a top of contender if I make the switch to Android

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I hadn't just got a OnePlus 5 2 months ago I'd be all over the Pixel 2. Not unhappy with the OnePlus but the camera is definitely better in the Pixel 2.

Quite disappointed with the Pixel 2, i was hoping for more. At least a higher IP rating, and the no headphone jack sucks as well. I really liked the orig Pixel XL and enjoying my S8+ just as much.

However, i think they are correct with stating the hardware is all pretty much the same, and that software is going to be the difference maker moving forward. Will be interesting to see in the coming years.

I miss the hell out of my Pixel software, but they missed so much on hardware. Big bezels and no headphone jack just make it really hard to consider.

Back