How is life going for you right now?

I can't complain.

I've been on perpetual holiday for nearly two years. I travel every week, and play golf.

I'm currently enjoying a beer on Ft. Lauderdale beach with my 5 month old son. I'm enjoying the beer. He's sleeping.

Next week is KC, then LA, then SF. Follow that up with a couple of rounds at Arcadia Bluffs, and then it's time to get ready for the holidays. Staying home for Thanksgiving, then heading to Maui for two weeks before London over Xmas.

Kinda like where I'm at right now

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Work is okay
Recently single
Happy with the new place I moved into
Texting two ex girlfriends
Texting two Tinder girls

The one Tinder girl I hooked up with last week I would want nothing more than to be FWB or exclusive with her and cut off the other three in an instant. But I can't get a read on her and the texting is hit or miss. The other 3 like texting, this one doesn't much. If this fizzles out or nothing comes about for a 2nd date and beyond then I narrow it down to the other 3 on which one I want to hook up with.

55 days until the Grandaddy and playing Golf once or twice a week.

Sounds Exhausting - Good thing your 30 and not 50!
See you in 55 days!

Work is a grind and annoying. Very disinterested at the moment.
Golf wise, this has been a good year for me. Mostly played well and consistent.
We joined a private club recently, which is great.
We're getting married on the 27th.
I'm in the middle of a house move, which is HIGHLY annoying.
We're comfortable money wise, but I ALWAYS stress about it. A-L-W-A-Y-S. :banghead:

Life is good. Wife is in her last week of work before maternity leave. Son is less than a month from arrival and so far everything has gone well. Just paid off my business so dem dollas be rollin'! Planning for a new car around the end of the year. Haven't played much golf lately and don't figure to for awhile. Concerned about friends north & south in the path of fires. Just in full blown nesting mode, lots of house projects being crossed off and feeling good!

My life isn't "great", but it isn't "bad", either... Bottom-line... I still smile every damn day, thanks to the people who are important to me.

I feel like every day, there isn't enough time.

Not enough time to spend with my wife.
Always busy doing something. Yardwork, prepping stuff for the baby, researching stuff, trying to be as ready as possible.
Trying to put it more and more hours at work, to bring in a bit more money each week.
Trying to find a new job, something fulfilling, something that pays reasonably well..... tired of being a mediocre wage employee after giving up a decent job a year ago to be happier.

The future is scaring the hell out of me. How am I going to provide for my family once the baby comes and my wife's wage (ridiculously more than mine) is halved on mat leave. Every day, I find I am on the verge of breaking down.

Things are getting left behind, and more and more THP time doesn't exist anymore, and soon, I may not be able to get back again.
I can feel your anxiety and it pains me. Hate to throw out the typical but it's so damn true... stay at it, stick to it. The hard work and diligence will pay off. Keep faith in yourself and be your biggest cheerleader, it's sooooo important.

Best wishes, all the best!

Right now, regarding my job, it is an absolutely grind. But in 84 1/2 days that will all end with my planned retirement from my current 60+ hour per week job that requires a lot of travel. I may need to get something, at least part time, a few years down the line to make a little extra scratch, but it will on my terms.

Other than that, and other than a wildly inconsistenct golf game, I am quite happy will all other aspects of my life.

That's the true Countdown congrats Scott!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Life is good and to quote my dad "any day you can wake up and wipe your own ass is a good day"

Which he said about 2 months before he passed away, I still think of that statement when ever I am feeling sorry for myself.

Got married roughly three and a half months ago now and that seems to be the only good thing that has happened this year really apart from us being in the process of getting a lot of work done to the house

Work is stressing me to death and by the end of the day tomorrow I will have applied for 4 jobs in this last week because of how bad things are
Work is stressing Jen out as well and she is currently off work because of it (and looking for another job as well)

My dad was finally diagnosed with lung cancer about 6 weeks ago now after being ill since early in the year and will be having his second dose of chemo tomorrow

So things are pretty rubbish here at the moment, and I am still fighting off a heavy cold which I have had for about a week now

Always busy doing something. Yardwork, prepping stuff for the baby, researching stuff, trying to be as ready as possible.
Trying to put it more and more hours at work, to bring in a bit more money each week.
Trying to find a new job, something fulfilling, something that pays reasonably well..... tired of being a mediocre wage employee after giving up a decent job a year ago to be happier.

The future is scaring the hell out of me. How am I going to provide for my family once the baby comes and my wife's wage (ridiculously more than mine) is halved on mat leave. Every day, I find I am on the verge of breaking down.

Things are getting left behind, and more and more THP time doesn't exist anymore, and soon, I may not be able to get back again.

Dude just wait until that baby is born... So much of what your feeling will just wash away. We had our first baby girl 9 weeks ago and everything is just flat out better now. I was filled with anxiety just like you... Felt unprepared for everything and like I didn't have enough time to do everything I needed to do. Then the baby was born. My anxiety faded away. My frustrations with my job turned into an appreciation that I had one. It was like night and day. Don't get me wrong, I still worry about lots of ****, but it doesn't effect me like it did before the baby.

I really hope that things work out for you like they did for me.
Keep at it brother and all will be good.

Good. I'm blessed to have a great family and solid job. I'm doing some extra curricular stuff that I really enjoy and is mostly rewarding. There are frustrations and disappointments along the way but I keep trying to see and remember the good stuff, too.

The peaks are there, it's getting through the valleys that has become the focus.

So life is a bit rough right now.

Last edited:
Dude just wait until that baby is born... So much of what your feeling will just wash away. We had our first baby girl 9 weeks ago and everything is just flat out better now. I was filled with anxiety just like you... Felt unprepared for everything and like I didn't have enough time to do everything I needed to do. Then the baby was born. My anxiety faded away. My frustrations with my job turned into an appreciation that I had one. It was like night and day. Don't get me wrong, I still worry about lots of ****, but it doesn't effect me like it did before the baby.

I really hope that things work out for you like they did for me.
Keep at it brother and all will be good.

Hey, it will be fine. You will figure out a way and then when the baby is born wonder what you did with your free time before. Keep your head up and keep driving forward.

Good luck with the new baby

Hang in there man! It'll get easier. That's always a tough time of your life, young kids and such. Money is typically tight and it'll stress you out in no time. I remember about ten years ago my wife's car breaking down (2 grand computer went kaput) and me having a nervous breakdown because I had no way to pay for it. That ended up ok as we eventually found that the CPU was still under warranty. You'll come through this fine, I'm still stressed about some things in life but thankfully money isn't one of those things. At least right now (finding some wood to knock on).

Pretty wonderful!
No complaints here whatsoever.

No complaints at all. Having a 2 month old grandson is amazing. Work is good but busy. My golf game well that's a whole other story

All things considered, I am pretty happy right now! Last year was filled with divorce, cross-country moving, new job - - in other words, a crappy year (Morgan Cup being the big exception)!! This year has been much better for me: I love my job, I'm happy being back in AZ, I have a girlfriend, and I am finally taking care of a major health issue that has been dragging me down for years.

Ain't so bad here.

Got a new house in February. Promotion in April. New car in July. Ultimate Gathering In August.

Ain't so bad here.

Got a new house in February. Promotion in April. New car in July. Ultimate Gathering In August.

And your an aristocrat!

Bought a new house, starting a bunch of renovations... apparently I got to start the kid process here pretty soon tho so it was pretty awesome

I won't lie, the news makes me really sad and depressed.

My personal life is doing fine.

I've stopped reading the news - I browse the headlines but kind of leave it at that.

Personally life isn't the easiest right now. It's testing my superhuman ability to remain optimistic and upbeat at the moment. It's difficult to look forward when past life is trying to weigh you down. BUT I have some cool new friends helping me out, and my BFF family is always there at my back, so I will as always square my shoulders, chin up, hands up, and move forward, square to the target.

In better news, I play a lot of golf simply because I have nothing else to do.

I've stopped reading the news - I browse the headlines but kind of leave it at that.

Personally life isn't the easiest right now. It's testing my superhuman ability to remain optimistic and upbeat at the moment. It's difficult to look forward when past life is trying to weigh you down. BUT I have some cool new friends helping me out, and my BFF family is always there at my back, so I will as always square my shoulders, chin up, hands up, and move forward, square to the target.

In better news, I play a lot of golf simply because I have nothing else to do.

You got this.

Life is good. The only thing that could make it better is if I had more time to play golf. This lack of golf is eating away at me.

Back