How is life going for you right now?

It won't make me feel better to rehash the ways in which my life is *temporarily* pretty suck at the moment. Just wanted to post here to remind myself that in almost any way that matters I have been blessed in all the important ways by good fortune throughout my life. I can't let the fact that a few bad things are conspiring to bring me *temporary* pain cause me to forget what a lucky person I am.

Last edited:
I'm living the dream

The beer is always cold, my wife doesn't mind my golfing usually 5 days a week, my health is good, have no major issues to deal with, and I'm very fortunate and blessed to be in this position. Now this may all change tomorrow and if it does whatever it may be I'll deal with it the best way I can, after all It's called life and there are no guarantees.

Hate my job.
Wife hates me, been close to splitting a few times this year.
My children are amazing.
Trying to remortgage but don't have enough money.
My golf is going okay.

Oddly though, overall I have a positive mindset and always try to have one.

Good job, great wife, lower back is bothering me, golf game is declining, getting older, thinking of starting a family.

Hate my job.
Wife hates me, been close to splitting a few times this year.
My children are amazing.
Trying to remortgage but don't have enough money.
My golf is going okay.

Oddly though, overall I have a positive mindset and always try to have one.

Man, that sucks Deano. Sorry to hear that. Keep that good attitude and you'll pull through.

Life is good as It's going to get unless I hit the lottery.

My kids are doing great and both are going to college this fall.
I have a wonderful girlfriend.
I just transferred out of the Max to a Med security prison so that is good.
I feel like my golf game is starting to get somewhere even though I am not playing as much as I would like.

If I start planning a trip to Bandon Dunes, I'll forget the sucky side of work. And the trip will remind me to play more, and all of that walking at Bandon will remind me to get into better shape...

Think Bandon.

there’s a lot of positive in my life. far more than the negative. but it’s a struggle to focus on the right things at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Pro's:
-I have played more golf with my dad (and spent more time with him) the past year then the rest of my life combined.
-I have three wonderful boys. My oldest is becoming a man at almost 15. He's just a solid guy with a big heart. My middle son can be a stinker but dang that kid is an athlete. It's even money on who is going to win when we tee it up together. He's just as good at baseball, he's 13. My little guy is an awesome dude too. I'm not biased at all:)
-I have a good enough paying job that we have a decent place and can afford to do some of the things that we enjoy doing (more on the job in the cons)
-Everyone is relatively healthy. I'm sure the list could go on and on.

The Con's:
-Marriage sucks. I won't make this mistake again.
-I may have the worst boss in America. He's at least in the conversation. Yikes. I'm salaried and normally I have two assistants. One is out for about 6 months on medical and despite my company basically having it in policy that anyone in my position have at least two my boss will send no help. So I'm working 70+ hours a week right now. It's not that there isn't anyone to send either, he just won't do it. The rest of my company is a great company but I'm about done because of him and the way he treats me. This is after 13 years here. 13 years that I haven't so much as sent out another resume.
-My golf game has fallen apart. Good rounds are less plentiful then rounds that I want to pike myself. I still have a good time with dad and the kids but man is it frustrating when you know you can be so much better.

Enough griping, have a good night ladies and gents!

My health has improved enough to return to the work world next Monday, after a four month absence. My wife has fully recovered from her two back surgeries in 2015 to take up golf - and enjoy it. Immediate family health/work issues have improved. While I’ll have to work until at least 70 to replenish the savings, it’s only 10 yrs away. At least I’ll still be able to work.

Like most of us, golf is up and down. Health issues of any consequence are under control. The wife is supportive and allows me to play 5 days per week. So, all things considered, pretty darn good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back