Lack of casual golf clothing?

michaelb

Reaction score
Handicap
Why don't the major OEM's license out or make more casual golf clothing?

Maybe it's due to just not being part of "proper" golf attire, but it sure would be nice to be able to buy a Titleist/Taylormade/Callaway hoodie/sweatshirt/t-shirt to wear around. I know TM had a hoodie a couple years ago (it was awful).

What do others think? Would you buy more casual attire if it was made (and a quality product)?

I know Callaway makes a 1/4 zip pullover they sell at Sam's. It just doesn't fit me good enough to buy it.

By casual golf clothing you are asking for tees, sweaters, hoodies that are branded? I believe most OEMs make this stuff but it's just only available through their own websites.

I don't feel like it's something I'm missing and I wouldn't pay more just to have a golf brand logo on it, but I'd wear it if I had it.

This is why I like Matte Grey, Travis Mathew, Linksoul, and the likes. They have all those things. Rocking a Matte T right now.

I wear a hoodie or a tee shirt maybe twice a year. W/S had a base layer a couple years ago that I was hunting down but was only sold in Europe. I would wear something like that more often.

Genuine question is do any of those brands even make apparel?

I own several different taylormade t shirts that I have purchased at the TM outlet. Really like them

Who makes Callaway's golf shirts and shorts/pants? I see them all the time at Marshall's/TJ Maxx.

I have 2 Callaway Sweatshirts, a couple of their T-Shirts.

http://www.callawaygolf.com/product...6XWIdZ9ojfG8ksGh-aqVe-yQiYo5Qrl0aAubEEALw_wcB

One of each on sale here.

I wear them regularly but think I only purchased one myself and haven't really ever had the interest to look for more. My guess is that the apparel market is very saturated and both Titleist (FootJoy) and Taylormade have had their own clothing/shoe brands they were affiliated with until recently for Taylormade (Adidas) that likely covered that segment of the marketplace, but I could be wrong.

Who makes Callaway's golf shirts and shorts/pants? I see them all the time at Marshall's/TJ Maxx.

Perry Ellis makes the Callaway branded apparel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perry Ellis makes the Callaway branded apparel.

And who makes the Ben Hogan stuff at Walmart?

PE also makes the Grand Slam brand for Kohl’s (awesome shorts BTW).

Same, Perry Ellis.

PE also makes the Grand Slam brand for Kohl’s (awesome shorts BTW).

That's what I thought about Hogan, didn't know about the GS stuff. Good to know. Thanks Cookie

http://www.callawaygolf.com/product...6XWIdZ9ojfG8ksGh-aqVe-yQiYo5Qrl0aAubEEALw_wcB

I wear them regularly but think I only purchased one myself and haven't really ever had the interest to look for more. My guess is that the apparel market is very saturated and both Titleist (FootJoy) and Taylormade have had their own clothing/shoe brands they were affiliated with until recently for Taylormade (Adidas) that likely covered that segment of the marketplace, but I could be wrong.

They have Truvis Socks!!!! Must own!

What is "proper" golf attire in contrast to improper golf attire and who gets to decide.

The golf course. All of them have rules on what they deem as appropriate.

I have some really cool linksoul casual stuff. T shirt and hoodie. I would wear that stuff more if other Oem’s made it.

My wife works at the local Kohl's and I told her on day... "I need a couple of new golf shirts so, if they have any there, pick up a couple for me"
That was a mistake... hanging up down in the basement I now have approximately 8 feet of golf shirts of every color and manufacturer imaginal.
Then there's the golf shorts, socks, pull overs, zip ups, and even base layers. She always says, "They was on sale". Thankfully I finally got her to stop.
I wish I knew how to upload an image from my computer.

Oh, and her work also does volunteer work at the local private country clubs so, I also get some clothing from those as well as golf balls, tees. ball marker / pitch mark tools, magnetic bracelets and whatever else they give away in the goodie bags.

By casual golf clothing you are asking for tees, sweaters, hoodies that are branded? I believe most OEMs make this stuff but it's just only available through their own websites.

I don't feel like it's something I'm missing and I wouldn't pay more just to have a golf brand logo on it, but I'd wear it if I had it.

I've found they make them very sporadically. Taylormade had a hoodie 2 years ago (it was horrible), nothing since. Titleist doesn't make one. Callaway does (per lower in the thread).

But yes, was speaking of tees, hoodies, sweaters that are branded.

Very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

For me, I kinda just wanted some casual golf attire to wear after I've showered at the club to go about my day.

Everyone OEM you mentioned has casual wear.

I think the term causal wear is the question here. I have worn everything from Ashworth to Linksoul as casual clothing over the years. This past Springs Linksoul shorts were awesome on or off the course. As many have said you can find killer soft T-shirts in several of the brands that trend younger. Wilson Staff had some nice soft Tees that they sold in conjunction with their 100th anniversary a couple of years ago.But remember these arent clothing companies. They make clubs.Looks for some deals even at Marshall's on some of this stuff. It pops there occasionally.

Back