Callaway Great Big Bertha Driver Preview Thread

today could be the day...let's see how prepared my local Edwin Watts is or if they will continue the trend of disappointment! Cant wait to give this a try against my BC+

Anyone know if the fitting carts had any demo Heavenwoods to try ?
Most shops seemed to have the V Series HW which was cool to test out.

I haven't seen them in carts, but both demos I've been to had them.

I've only seen the GBB Driver and 3 wood in demos. The Heavenwood looks impressive -- bigger head than 5 wood, adjustable to 19.5 - higher launch than a 5 wood, slightly longer shaft, and you get to choose a shaft that fits you - impressive.

I use the V Series 5 wood instead of the Heavenwood, as I already launch the ball fairly high.

Good luck.

Have really liked the sound of their last two lines. Nice capture!

GBB 9.0 with KK shipping notice received - Wednesday it is, shame I won't make the course until next Saturday.

Pondering the Heavenwood pretty hard - only drawback is that the VSeries version was left leaning for me.

My new properties course has the 9° head with speeder 665 available for demo today. Going to take 8t out to the course

Yeah, I had to hit a few balls before going down to work. But it will be on the course tomorrow. Set it to -1 loft and left the APW neutral. This will be fun to have in the bag.

GBB 9.0 with KK shipping notice received - Wednesday it is, shame I won't make the course until next Saturday.

Pondering the Heavenwood pretty hard - only drawback is that the VSeries version was left leaning for me.

The GBB Heavenwood is OptiFit - that should help.

At the same time, you might consider the GBB 5 wood instead as it may be slightly less draw biased.

And I received a similar UPS notice -- my GBB 9/KKStiff is in the US after its Mexico run ... and I assume Tuesday arrival.

The GBB Heavenwood is OptiFit - that should help.

At the same time, you might consider the GBB 5 wood instead as it may be slightly less draw biased.

And I received a similar UPS notice -- my GBB 9/KKStiff is in the US after its Mexico run ... and I assume Tuesday arrival.

Thanks - that and some lead tape!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For you guys who cut down the shaft, did Callaway accomodate for swing weight?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I didn't cut mine down but their goal is always to get it as close to where you want it as possible.

Thanks - that and some lead tape!

Yes, unless you choose a heavier shaft; as you know, that adds swing weight with traditional shafts.

I ordered by phone so I could specify swing weight -- in my case, I requested 45 inches in the KK Black and stock SW - D3. The Rep noted it in the order.

9 in the books and I hit this club 3 times. One big block and two bombs. While I don't believe I'm getting as good results with the speeder as I did with stock kuro kage, this club performs. I find myself swinging a bit easier with the stiff flex as opposed to the x flex I usually game and seeing less misses I think

Edwin Watts didn't have one to hit today :(

Also had their jacked up monitor running today. Had me at 95 mph driver swing with 190 carry. How do you even try to fit or sell someone clubs with this garbage?

First round with this. Minus a couple bad swings this thing performed as expected. Forgiving on shots on the for side of center and high on the face. Long when making center of the face.

Hit it a couple shots into the wind that were longer than I have seen with other drivers. Have the slide all the way to fade and hit the ball straight with little movement in either direction

Edwin Watts didn't have one to hit today :(

Also had their jacked up monitor running today. Had me at 95 mph driver swing with 190 carry. How do you even try to fit or sell someone clubs with this garbage?

I have seen you play so know you hit it further than that, but 95mph missing slightly with not great numbers could absolutely compute to that carry distance, especially if struck low.

I have seen you play so know you hit it further than that, but 95mph missing slightly with not great numbers could absolutely compute to that carry distance, especially if struck low.

Yeah I'm not questioning the calculations. Just the measurements. Oh well, living in Knoxville strikes again!

Will have to hit this is Michigan next weekend.

Have to.

Yeah I'm not questioning the calculations. Just the measurements. Oh well, living in Knoxville strikes again!

Ha. Next time I see you at a THP Event you can test mine on the FlightScope.

Ha. Next time I see you at a THP Event you can test mine on the FlightScope.

Sounds good, see you at The Grandaddy.

:)

Ok ok, Bridgestone Championship but I tried.

I'm not going to try one of these until I can afford the luxury of owning one . Too tempting to lust it and not be able to love it!

Just had a chance to hit this again, try a different shaft and compare to an 815. Was getting about 4 mph better ball speed with the GBB over the 815 using a stiff KK shaft. Picked up one with the Bassara 42 in regular and holy crap! Picked 5 mph over the one with the KK. Back to back balls hit one on the screws and one a little low toward heel. Ball speed was exactly the same (mid to high 140s) with just a little lower ball flight. Surprised I did so much better with the lighter shaft since I usually like one a little heavier. But stats do not lie. At least until I get to try it again that is. Have to see if that was an aberration or a trend.

Back