TaylorMade M1 Driver Review Thread

So I bring up the whole M connection with a certain car company and get told people don't relate clubs and cars.

Then the next couple dozen posts are all about cars and golf clubs?!?

I give up

So I bring up the whole M connection with a certain car company and get told people don't relate clubs and cars.

Then the next couple dozen posts are all about cars and golf clubs?!?

I give up

So its your fault!!!! Haha

All of these no up charge shafts are great but they won't matter. Walk into any golf retailer and they will stock maybe 2 options. I can't remember the last time I grabbed a club off the rack.
Yeah I was looking at GBB at golf galaxy and they only had 2 stock options as a choice, no others.

Good marketing creates favoritism... and bad marketing creates a negative bias. I'm not surprised by the reaction at all.

I still think it's all hilarious because five years ago, TM was at the forefront of "can do no wrong" marketing and technology. It's absolutely shocking how far they've fallen in the minds of the average golfer, but until they right the ship it's going to be like this and I really don't blame anyone having a jaded opinion. It's like the 'too many releases' argument. Totally different rules for different OEMs. Always has been.

What will be great, is if this lineup can speak for itself rather than the marketing or bias. I absolutely love it when tech persuades opinion over flash and claims of longer-ier. That's why I am so excited to hit it.

I am right there with you on hoping it performs. I am in love with the look of the new hybrid, that might be the club to get me back on the train.

Good marketing creates favoritism... and bad marketing creates a negative bias. I'm not surprised by the reaction at all.

I still think it's all hilarious because five years ago, TM was at the forefront of "can do no wrong" marketing and technology. It's absolutely shocking how far they've fallen in the minds of the average golfer, but until they right the ship it's going to be like this and I really don't blame anyone having a jaded opinion. It's like the 'too many releases' argument. Totally different rules for different OEMs. Always has been.

What will be great, is if this lineup can speak for itself rather than the marketing or bias. I absolutely love it when tech persuades opinion over flash and claims of longer-ier. That's why I am so excited to hit it.

And of course, the M1 will be part of Club Clash (already confirmed).

It's going to be awesome to see it all stripped down and geared directly towards the numbers at Club Clash. That event is going to confuse and enlighten people!!

It's still funny to me the number one complaint I see on social media (not thp) is about release cycles. I saw it a million times last night haha constant complaining about TM "flooding the market" and that is why people didn't want to try the m1. Funny that's it's not about forgiveness or performance of any kind, it's about release cycles lol. Hilarious, glad at least we're past that on THP, for the most part

It's still funny to me the number one complaint I see on social media (not thp) is about release cycles. I saw it a million times last night haha constant complaining about TM "flooding the market" and that is why people didn't want to try the m1. Funny that's it's not about forgiveness or performance of any kind, it's about release cycles lol. Hilarious, glad at least we're past that on THP, for the most part

Every FB post I've read is the same. Non stop whining about release cycles and how this club won't go any further than the last few.

I just smile and wave

Okay guys and girls, let's keep the talk about the product in this thread and try to stay on topic a bit and not go down the road of release cycles and whatnot. Thanks.

Okay guys and girls, let's keep the talk about the product in this thread and try to stay on topic a bit and not go down the road of release cycles and whatnot. Thanks.
I just thought it was interesting seeing the different perspectives. We're on here discussing shaft options and how the m1 will play for us, outside of thp is stuck on the cycles. Anyhoo sorry to derail, just an observation. I want to hit it!

I just thought it was interesting seeing the different perspectives. We're on here discussing shaft options and how the m1 will play for us, outside of thp is stuck on the cycles. Anyhoo sorry to derail, just an observation. I want to hit it!

It's fine but I know what road that discussion leads to and would rather just talk about the driver itself. Thanks.

It's fine but I know what road that discussion leads to and would rather just talk about the driver itself. Thanks.
The road is a dark one, totally agree.

I think these Drivers are getting a bit complicated for the weekend duffer. My brothers have a hard time understanding the weights in my Rzr Fit Exttreme.

I think these Drivers are getting a bit complicated for the weekend duffer. My brothers have a hard time understanding the weights in my Rzr Fit Exttreme.

That's the beauty of a fitting. Get it dialed to what works and let it ride.

i kind of like the looks of it. I'm not sure though if I were to set the back track weight to low that it would be significantly different than my R15. I'm sure at some point I'll give it a try though.

Very cool !!

Will there be 20 shafts to try in it ? :bulgy-eyes:

Back