VCDS cable is so worth it. Adding some of the locked/euro only settings was one of the first things I did.

Indeed! And if you feel like diagnosing a check engine light yourself instead of $$$ at the dealer, you can do that too. :D
Oh I know man. I love I can make all these changes now. Big one for me was the fuel filter prime. Turning the key won't prime so now you have to use the computer to do it.

Oh I know man. I love I can make all these changes now. Big one for me was the fuel filter prime. Turning the key won't prime so now you have to use the computer to do it.
Yeah. That definitely helps, especially since I'm wary of my hpfp going out (I have a GolfMK6 TDI). I do my fuel filter at each oil change.

4d79b65dd9d090d1f9eda444f472c69b.jpg

9171e1fafa28c856b3ef7513440e1fe6.jpg

My 67 Karmann Ghia. Love it to bits. Had it 6 years now and spent far too much money on it!
9a385da3883dfac1bd7983a438eab635.jpg

This has a 1600cc flat four beetle engine in it. Built it when I was 17 for fun. Rode it once, feared for my life! But it looks cool though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard that most of the hpfp were going out because jacka$$es were putting gas in there cars.. Here in central Illinois VW said were allowed to run up to 20% bio diesel which has not much sulfur in it to help lube the fuel system. Got a friend with a 09 I believe and he puts whatever is the cheapest, and never uses additives. Has had no none issues and is getting great mpg... Im right now in the lower 40's with mostly city driving durring the week.
Yeah. That definitely helps, especially since I'm wary of my hpfp going out (I have a GolfMK6 TDI). I do my fuel filter at each oil change.

2013 Jetta here - 99% of my driving is on the streets - very little Freeway/Highway - solid 30-31 MPG - 26000 miles on it and absolutely love it.
As far my mileage goes, the perks of driving like the "Little Old Lady from Pasadena"

I heard that most of the hpfp were going out because jacka$$es were putting gas in there cars.. Here in central Illinois VW said were allowed to run up to 20% bio diesel which has not much sulfur in it to help lube the fuel system. Got a friend with a 09 I believe and he puts whatever is the cheapest, and never uses additives. Has had no none issues and is getting great mpg... Im right now in the lower 40's with mostly city driving durring the week.
That and craptacular diesel quality in some parts. I'm getting around 37 with my one mile journey to work.

Yea sometimes you win and lose with the diesel fuel. It's much better to get diesel where semi's get it since they will have fresher fuel compared to a station that just has it for small vehicles. I usually go to Casey's because they got straight diesel (no bio) and they put treatment in it durring the winter.
That and craptacular diesel quality in some parts. I'm getting around 37 with my one mile journey to work.

Installed my intake today. Aside from the vacuum hose being a pain it went rather smoothly. Took it for a drive and wow can you hear the turbo. You could hear it before after stage 1 but now its so much louder, you can hear it spool up more and now hear the blowoff. Its an addicting sound. Apparently everyone else can hear it as well as it drew a lot more attention than normal from other cars.

I'm looking into buying my first car from a foreign automaker. I've been a Chevy guy my entire life, but the big three have nothing that really appeals to me.

I'm thinking about a Passat. My mother just purchased a 2015 Jetta. I drove it and I find it a bit small for me. I'm 6'4" with broad shoulders so the Jetta is just a little small for me. VW is really putting out some great looking cars. I was pleasantly surprised who well build the value priced Jetta was. Everything just felt "solid".

I'd love a GTI but I'm thinking about going with a "stripper" 2015 VW Golf TSI S w/ sunroof. It comes very nicely equipped for under 20k. My only gripe would be the little 15 inch wheels, but I could always upgrade later on. Seems the SE trim isn't worth the 4-5k more. Anyone have experience with the lower end Golfs?

I've recently had issues with my GTI. After 10k miles, my engine light came on. Took it to the dealership and they told me the Air Intake Sensor was fried. Thankfully my car is still under warranty so they fixed it the same day. They also did a front wheel alignment because my car was drifting right. My car still drifts right; probably more than before. Anyone have the same issue after a wheel alignment?

Crazy day yesterday ... Traded in my 2012 Touareg Hybrid for a 2013 GLI and a 2015 Passat SE. Life is Good !!

Crazy day yesterday ... Traded in my 2012 Touareg Hybrid for a 2013 GLI and a 2015 Passat SE. Life is Good !!
How was the Tuareg? I'm seriously considering one in TDI.

The Touareg is an Aweseome car. It drove great. I would of kept it but only had 10,000 miles left on the warranty, time to trade.

How was the Tuareg? I'm seriously considering one in TDI.

Ha...we bought a tdi jetta 2 weeks ago for me to drive to work...wife liked it so much she traded her odyssey for a tdi passat the next day...53 mpg in the jetta 47 mpg in the passat (hwy). wow!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

1 month in and I've got almost 4k mi on my 2010 Jetta TDI, with diesel as cheap as it is I'm saving a nice chunk of change on my work commute. The Mrs likes it so much she wants to keep it for herself once her lease is up and I get to get something new.

I'm going from driving a Tundra (15 mpg on a good day) to the Jetta...lots of $$$ being saved in gas...I went with the manual tranny too...thing is so much fun to drive...still have my tundra to hunt out of and pull the boat with

I really wanted a Toureg but they are Bats**t insane with that pricing. I get that its pretty much a Porsche Cayenne but seriously.

The Touareg is an Aweseome car. It drove great. I would of kept it but only had 10,000 miles left on the warranty, time to trade.

No offense, but never understood this logic...

No offense, but never understood this logic...

I could explain but several in here would probably take offense .

My guess is he's a seasoned VW owner and knows better

I could explain but several in here would probably take offense .

My guess is he's a seasoned VW owner and knows better

Okay, so I guess I don't understand people that intentionally buy cars with low quality standards. Although, I always thought VW was reliable.

Okay, so I guess I don't understand people that intentionally buy cars with low quality standards. Although, I always thought VW was reliable.

Can't help with this question .

Ha...we bought a tdi jetta 2 weeks ago for me to drive to work...wife liked it so much she traded her odyssey for a tdi passat the next day...53 mpg in the jetta 47 mpg in the passat (hwy). wow!

If you want me to do the usual hacks (windows up/down via fob, no door chime, no alarm beep on lock/unlock), please let me know. I have a VCDS cable.

I wouldn't want to own a hybrid anything without a warranty. That's just me though.

Back