2015 Wyndham Championship

That's been a long time coming TW in the lead, sure it is not real big time field but it sure is great to see him making something work.

Weird to see that name at the top. I don't care what tournament this is, that's what he needed. This will certainly make the tournament interesting.

If he wins this week, I hope he comes back every year. I'm sure he won't, but it would be great for this tournament. The GGO was the first PGA tournament I attended in person and I love seeing the excitement.

Tiger sure does love that stinger 2i he brought back out. Been straight down the middle

Tiger sure does love that stinger 2i he brought back out. Been straight down the middle
He should've been hitting it for months. Ego won't let him hit 7 irons to greens when he wants to hit PW

Is this the worst field of the year? Im not saying this to bag on any performance, as I have been at a THP Event the last two days and just looked at the leaderboard. This is like a Web.com event.

Is this the worst field of the year? Im not saying this to bag on any performance, as I have been at a THP Event the last two days and just looked at the leaderboard. This is like a Web.com event.

Yes but the score matters. He is showing he is still good enough to at least be on tour

https://golfanalytics.wordpress.com/tag/field-strength/

Pretty good article, from February of this year. Has the wyndham in front of Zurich, John Deere, Canadian, Mayakoba, Puerto Rico, and Reno-Tahoe.

good roll there, glad he's not leaving it short now

Thought that was in. Still loving the aggressive speed.

Yes but the score matters. He is showing he is still good enough to at least be on tour

Im not talking about anybody's score. Im talking about the field overall.
Scores for some players should be this low based on their game and what clubs to hit and when.
I specifically said this was not about an individual but the overall group.

I feel like the PGA Tour needs to address the issue with the once, every 3 or 5 rule, but they never will.

https://golfanalytics.wordpress.com/tag/field-strength/

Pretty good article, from February of this year. Has the wyndham in front of Zurich, John Deere, Canadian, Mayakoba, Puerto Rico, and Reno-Tahoe.

A lot changes based on timeline and some of those events are "alternate" events meaning that they are stuck that way because of a larger Tour event played the same week such as WGC. So the answer is yes, it is one of the worst fields in golf.

Just let the dude be. He is playing good golf, of course it then becomes oh the field sucks. He cannot win the big one. Some of the people who like him are enjoying seeing him contend again

Scores for some players should be this low based on their game and what clubs to hit and when.

I feel like the PGA Tour needs to address the issue with the once, every 3 or 5 rule, but they never will.
but be honest, if it wasn't for Tiger leading would you have come in just to say how bad the field is this week? Kaymer, Adam Scott, Sneds, there are players there. There have also been names recently winning this tourney, Patrick Reed, Sergio, Ryan Moore, Webb Simpson.

it's ok that you don't like him, or are sick of him being covered 24/7, but it's also ok that people enjoy him

It's a thin field based on this

GREENSBORO, N.C. – Thanks in large part to top-five performances at the U.S. Open and PGA Championship this summer, Branden Grace is now No. 20 in the Official World Golf Ranking. Just three players in the field at this week’s Wyndham Championship are ranked higher.

Those three – No. 12 Adam Scott, No. 16 Hideki Matsuyama and No. 17 Brooks Koepka – are assured of spots in the FedExCup Playoffs. Grace, however, is not, since he’s not a PGA TOUR member

He's honestly hitting really good shots and making some putts. Leading proximity to the hole. Regardless of the field he's playing well.

Just let the dude be. He is playing good golf, of course it then becomes oh the field sucks. He cannot win the big one. Some of the people who like him are enjoying seeing him contend again

Again, I am NOT talking about Tiger Woods. I have not even looked at the leaderboard until 15 minutes ago. I looked and saw Tom Hoge and a bunch of nobodys. It had NOTHING to do with Tiger Woods, which I prefaced in the first post to not bring it into the conversation.

I was speaking about the PGA Tour as a whole and fixing the issue for the dozen events that end up with fields like this. I would be saying the same thing if Tiger was in or not or whether he was 1st or missing the cut.

but be honest, if it wasn't for Tiger leading would you have come in just to say how bad the field is this week? Kaymer, Adam Scott, Sneds, there are players there. There have also been names recently winning this tourney, Patrick Reed, Sergio, Ryan Moore, Webb Simpson.

it's ok that you don't like him, or are sick of him being covered 24/7, but it's also ok that people enjoy him

OMFG....See my posts. Its about the PGA Tour and these events, not about ANY PLAYER! My god some of the posts in here are ****ing laughable...On that note, Im closing this thread for a few days, its just not worth some of this ********.

Good field, bad field, Tiger is gunning at flags like his life depends on it, and it's working pretty well for him.

A lot changes based on timeline and some of those events are "alternate" events meaning that they are stuck that way because of a larger Tour event played the same week such as WGC. So the answer is yes, it is one of the worst fields in golf.

I think your question was is it the worst. I agree the alternate events shouldn't be included. However, fields don't change drastically from year to year, especially among stars, and I don't think anyone was questioning if the John Deere was one of the worst fields after Spieth won, or when Day won the Canadian Open. (Which Tom Hoge finished 5th at :)

Hoping for a fun weekend. More 2i stingers, less scary drivers please. This was a fun round to watch today.

Gotcha that I can agree with. I feel that to be on tour you should have to play a certain # of events and those events should be pre-scheduled to create even fields between world rankings.

I think your question was is it the worst. I agree the alternate events shouldn't be included. However, fields don't change drastically from year to year, especially among stars, and I don't think anyone was questioning if the John Deere was one of the worst fields after Spieth won, or when Day won the Canadian Open. (Which Tom Hoge finished 5th at :)
I think JB actually did question the John Deere field when Jordan won

Last post. Spend some time on THP. I have questioned those fields just about every single year for hte same thing and even started threads on the once every five. Amazing that nobody came in here to defend a single player when those threads popped up. The blinders here are ****ing insane. On that note, thank god for a great week with THPers, because this **** is cray cray.

No doubt it's a weak field. My Draft Kings lineup was pitiful

Back