Golf clothing in a professional environment

TYork

Reaction score
My goal is be able to leave work on any given day and head right to the course and have to change nothing but my shoes.What golf clothing manufactures look best in professional environments? I am looking for clothing that can be worn on the course and at work with out looking like a walking billboard. I'm in tech sales and can generally get by with khakis/slacks and a polo although I sometimes wear button down shirts and dress coat or sweater. Right now I wear a lot of Travis Mathew and Linksoul but am looking for more ideas. The main criteria for me are:
-conservative colors and styles
-comfort
-able to dress up or down
-subtle or no logo

I didn't list price on purpose because I'm OK paying a premium for quality. What are my THP brothers wearing to work?

Ralph Lauren Golf and RLX is my personal go to.

I work in a pretty laid back office. My co worker wears Travis Matthews shirts a lot. I wear some of my more "tame" UA polos with regular khakis. I got an email from UA today that they have come out with more business casual items as well. It might be a good compromise.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/search?q=35th

Here is a new name - stateapparel.com

Made in the USA

Expensive but it's made here.

I actually just got a bunch (I think 9 items or so) from their new fall line up on kickstarter. They make everything in San Francisco and the quality is top notch, but the price is definitely high (think about $110-130 for a polo).

I usually wear travis Mathew and bought couple shirts off of Criguet Shirts. Really soft cotton, and I like the look. My office is pretty casual (some people wear jeans and tee shirts) so not sure if it will work for your office.

Made in the USA

Linksoul, matte grey are some good options that I jave recently been wearing thanks to recommendations on this awesome place. In more casual environments UA and nike usually work well.

i have never heard of these guys before....I will have to buy a shirt for testing ;) Thanks!

Made in the USA

I can't say about the professionalism but I like UA clothes on the course. It has been a hot and humid summer here and I like UA over Nike and Callaway.

Linksoul
Peter Millar

I wear UA polos to work in a business casual environment. The most recent trip to the physical store showed that they had actual pants that were very tame and meant to be worn anytime. Could wear those for sure, but the material seemed to be more heavy than I like for golf pants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually just got a bunch (I think 9 items or so) from their new fall line up on kickstarter. They make everything in San Francisco and the quality is top notch, but the price is definitely high (think about $110-130 for a polo).

I usually wear travis Mathew and bought couple shirts off of Criguet Shirts. Really soft cotton, and I like the look. My office is pretty casual (some people wear jeans and tee shirts) so not sure if it will work for your office.

Yes, I was part of the Kickstarter, too. We bought the same package.

For the OP, the State Apparel Fall Collection is designed for a cooler climate - may work well for Utah in the Fall - it is a slightly heavier, more substantial material.

I've also found the ijpdesign (Ian Poulter) makes conservative - solid- polos (not cotton) that are appropriate for the office. Collars are well done - short, and some are button down. They are always having a sale, and you can find some of them from ijpdesign on ebay. IJP also fits more slim - so they look good on guys who are slimly athletic. If not, move up a size.

Last edited:
Linksoul
Peter Millar

I will add Bobby Jones to this list. They aren't the cheapest, but they are perfect for what the OP is talking about.

Also, check your local Nordstrom Rack, if you have one, you can find great deals on Peter Millar.

I will add Bobby Jones to this list. They aren't the cheapest, but they are perfect for what the OP is talking about.

Also, check your local Nordstrom Rack, if you have one, you can find great deals on Peter Millar.

I like this --

Typically, the bobbyjones website will have a sale - but act quickly

Found Millar, Nike, RLX at Nordstroms Rack.

I like ECCO's Tour Hybrid shoes, with khakis or black pants, and Ralph Lauren golf polo. That's my go to outfit for the office when I plan to go to the course afterwards.

I'm wearing an Oakley polo at work now, but it doesn't have any crazy graphics. That's pretty much my criteria, subdued aesthetics. For instance, Puma gear works fine, but bright Rickie Fowler orange Puma pants? Not so much.

Ashworth should be worth considering as well.
I have been pleased with the Ashworth items that I have.
Also, some of the more expensive styles from Puma might work as they don't have the embroidered logo.

I'd suggest Wedge golf pants. Conservative, badgeless, comfortable.

Back