Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

The shape of those mid/long irons remind me a lot of the Greg Norman Grind Cobras from the mid 90s. I had a set and loved them.

This partnership with Casis is long term. A few more products coming down the line.
Awesome. This honestly might be the most intrigued I've ever been about a club.

Head looks nice.
Rogue Black stock shaft? Hell yes!!!
Irons look oh-so-good...but that orange is a little hmmm.
Spaceport? Why? Why not is just as valid I guess.

I want to hit this.

Love the look of this driver. Even without the spaceport this looks sexy. Also I want those irons.

ce9eb3b2684b4334ce9f874925dbd44f.jpg

Welcome back S3 Pro's...did not see that coming. Great shape for them, the orange worries me though.
Absolutely stunning IMO. Those irons are beautiful. The drive looks great too.

I love that orange color!!

As a Giants fan I can definitely dig the black and orange! Will need to see the driver in hand but the irons look stunning. This driver isn't marketed towards me, but I'll still definitely give it a swing. Love the name too, wish they had some bad ass snake on it though haha.

King Cobra name was the name in place when the company finally broke through in the early 90's. I think bringing the name back now is a statement of "we are back".

Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

Initial thoughts based off looks alone...

It kind of reminds me of a larger version of the Big Bertha Alpha of 2014 with the gravity core in the middle. Also reminds me a bit of the R1 when it was released with the large dial in the center of it. But for some reason I like the looks of this much better than the other two mentioned

I'm curious to know more about off-center hits on the toe and the heel. While watching the live press conference this is not aimed at someone who misses the center of the face often, so I'm curious to know more about the forgiveness. Although it sounded like this isn't geared as a forgiving driver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking forward to some thoughts from Panda.

Great stuff Freddie! I was stuck in a meeting and missed the live updates!

Love those black combo irons! And the idea of "zero gravity" is quite intriguing......

I've got to say the looks of the driver will have to grow on me. I like the color combination, but I'm not sold on the looks. The tech, however, looks incredible and I would be very excited to give it a try. If the T.O., Yagley, and Ricky Fowler are saying its an awesome driver I have no doubt that it will perform.

Those irons - holy crap - they look absolutely AMAZING!

Im watching and listening to all the strikes with this King. I bra on the range. The sound is of course going to be subjective but I like it. Not a loud pitch and note muted but something in between.

At 10* I saw a mid high launch. In 12* I saw a high launch, higher than I commonly play. The zero CG is just launching the ball in the driver and FWs. To say

So for those looking for a good sound, this is much lower than the fly z plus. I think we are getting closer to the sound we got accustomed to when Titanium hit the market

Thanks for that input Freddie. I actually think the fly z plus sounds somewhat muted to me.

So it doesn't sound like the old King Cobra, aka a baseball bat. :smile:

Sometimes I miss that sound.

I'd turn heads on the other side of the range with my old LD Speed!

I wonder how the sound would be if you pulled the space port and filled the head with the styrofoam beads?

Just had a lesson from Jose. Got me hitting the center of the face. I was just the toe side of center before his help. Now I'm really feeling the ball off the face and that kick we all search for.

With 20 upgrade shaft options, everyone that wants this club will have it

Just had a lesson from Jose. Got me hitting the center of the face. I was just the toe side of center before his help. Now I'm really feeling the ball off the face and that kick we all search for.

I'm sorry did you hit the "0" key on accident after you hit 2?? Wow!

I'm sorry did you hit the "0" key on accident after you hit 2?? Wow!

Options, or no upcharge options?

Cobra has always been one of the best about getting pretty much any shaft for a club, but always at an upcharge.

Options, or no upcharge options?

Cobra has always been one of the best about getting pretty much any shaft for a club, but always at an upcharge.

Would hope it's no upcharge since the driver is $449.

I think the driver looks hideous IMO (the sole anyway). But I couldn't care less if it performs.

The irons on the other hand, holy they are gorgeous.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Back