KENTWOOL Socks Forum Testing Review Thread

Good stuff Josh, I'll be back out in some sweltering weather next weekend with mine on.

Wish I still ran (kinda) as I could give some feedback in that regard also.

Kinda funny - we don't think about the socks until uncomfort sets in, not an issue with these on the feet. Becomes an afterthought when your feet are protected well and let's you focus on playing this great game.

We've both been rocking these with the Faas Lite 2.0s, IIRC. Such a comfortable combo for these smoking hot summer afternoons.

My local golf course carries KENTWOOL so both my wife and I had the opportunity to see them in person. I told her about the testing and the positive reviews. She's pretty critical about clothing and she was impressed with the workmanship. I have a birthday coming up soon so I was dropping hints.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I have the tour profile version and I haven't even noticed my Achilles...so that's pretty good as far as discomfort goes.

A side note on wear: After a bit over a month now of wearing and washing they still look (and feel) about like they did new. They will pick up some stuff if you wear them without shoes, but normal washing takes care of it. Most importantly...still no lint on the inside, and I have the black ones so it would be easy to see.

My local golf course carries KENTWOOL so both my wife and I had the opportunity to see them in person. I told her about the testing and the positive reviews. She's pretty critical about clothing and she was impressed with the workmanship. I have a birthday coming up soon so I was dropping hints.

Sent from my G3 using TapaTalk Pro

I think they are definitely worth it. I now have 4 pair and don't even consider anything else when I golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, some interesting thoughts from this past weekend...
On Friday night, my wife and i went out for a quick 9 and dinner after work... It had been quite awhile since i had worn 'regular' socks for golfing, and i wanted to try a pair just to compare again to the Kentwool offering. They were the usual type you get at Target, i think they were Champion or C9 etc... Even though we teed off about 5:15 it was stiill pretty warm and humid out. The first thing i noticed was that my golf shoes fit loose, no matter how hard i tightened down the laces. I have a fairly new pair of Puma golf shoes, so they are not stretched out or anything. I could just feel my feet rubbing around inside the shoe, and it was a weird feeling compared to the last several rounds i have played. The Kentwool socks just make everything snug, and really make my feet feel like one (foot, sock and shoe, with no movement at all). The second thing i noticed was that my socks were damp after only about 3 holes from sweat. By the end of the round, could not wait to get the shoes off and remove my socks.

Yesterday, i went out for 18 holes pretty early in the morning. For whatever reason, i had decided on going with my Puma Faas Lite shoes which have a lot of mesh and no waterproofing whatsoever. I had taken the testing pair of Kentwool socks i got from THP along. Since i rarely golf this early in the morning, i forgot about the dew that is out on the golf course that early, and as we walked up to the first tee box, i thought i had made a huge mistake. Even though my shoes looked completely soaked, i could not feel any dampness in the socks at all. In fact, the entire round my feet stayed dry. When we were done, i wasn't rushing to the car to remove my shoes and let my feet breathe, they were totally fine.

I decided to get a few rounds in before posting my thoughts on these. I picked up three pair and have been wearing them for range sessions or full 18 holes and some quick thoughts

Feel - I will admit I was a little skeptical when I first put my hands on these. They felt thicker than my normal socks (Nike Dri-Fit Compression) so I wondered how much comfort I would be getting. Material is very well made and i'm picky with the seams that run along the toe of my socks. These posed no issues whatsoever

Comfort/Performance - Once I put these on they felt great. The thickness issue I thought would be present was not there. Once I put on my shoes (spikes or spikeless) my foot was very comfortable. I played in some conditions that I would consider normal for me. temps around 90-95 (heat index hitting 105) and with 80%+ humidity. Needless to say my fee sweat & these socks kept my feet dry. I was honestly shocked when I took my socks off how dry there were. I fully expected some sort of sweat or moisture, but it wasn't there. I also played in these where is was cart path only & the extra walking that I normally don't do didn't make a difference.

Care/Washing - This is where they under performed for me. I washed the socks as directed, but still had some "lint balls" build up on the sock. Nothing I couldn't fix with a lint brush, but more annoying than anything. I will say the material is holding up well and if cared for properly these socks will last for a long time

In the end I think price will determine if someone continues to add these socks to their golf/everyday life. I'm of the mind that you pay for what you get and have no issues paying the price they are asking as I've seen first hand they work as advertised. I will say I like my Nike Dri-Fit socks a little better, but if told KentWool was the way moving forward I could wear these without any issues.

Wore a pair of Kentwool sport yesterday while playing 36 with a couple of THPers. It was hot and humid for the entire 36, so sweating was not an issue. I have worn Kentwool socks religiously for the couple of years so I tend not to pay attention to the condition of my feet at the end of a round. Yesterday I can say that not only were my feet comfortable, they were also dry after the 36 holes. I have been a fan of their Traditional line for some time, but the Sport version are quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

Meant to post an update yesterday but somehow didn't manage to.

I woke up yesterday with the intent of wearing my Kentwools with the Puma Faas Lite for that days round. Searched for 15 minutes and couldn't find the socks...wife was asleep (who also does laundry) so I finally gave up and decided to go with the Puma Superlite socks for the round and forgo testing the Kentwools.

Well....even though I wasn't wearing the Kentwools it still ended up testing them. We haven't had any rain recently but the course has done a good job of watering and keeping everything green. I didn't make it halfway down the first fairway and I could already feel the top of my feet getting wet. By the end of the 3rd hole, the bottom of my foot (left was worse) was also wet and this wasn't too comfortable. I even commented to cwmonroe87 and Dave Alvarado about testing the socks and how wet my feet were.

I made it through the round and on the back it seemed to dry out some and not bother me. Round ended up and I hopped into the car. My feet STUNK! I'm one that typically has zero issue with foot odor but the combination of those socks, shoes, and conditions led to some nasty feet. I'm quite confident this wouldn't have been the case with the KW's because I've walked morning dew rounds in those shoes and experienced zero issues......quite telling to me.

Friday is 36 at Cowboys and I think these in the Faas Lite get another go at it!

FYI: socks were somehow placed into my sons sock drawer but I've reclaimed them!

Played 72 holes in 3 days this weekend. 36 yesterday in extremely hot weather. These socks just hold up so much better than anything else I've ever owned. My feet never got hot or wet with sweat or anything. Couldn't ask for anything more from these socks.

Love these socks!

Meant to get my review from Friday golf posted over the weekend but failed to.

Headed out early Friday with these on the week along with the Puma Faas Lite. Was mid 80's upon hitting the range around 7:30 with a full day ahead of golf at Cowboys Golf club playing 36 with temps over 100* for a good portion of the day.

I can say without a doubt that these performed fantastically. It was HOT but my feet were not. At one point in the early afternoon I could feel just a tad bit of apparent "wet" inside the socks but by the end of the second round they were dry again. We were sweating like crazy all day long and I have no idea how much water was consumed but it was a substantial amount.

Didn't have one issue of the socks sliding down on the heel and also didn't have a need to adjust once on a very long day at the course. My feet were also never hot which doesn't "seem" to make sense when you feel how plush these feel and wearing black on the feet in some extreme heat.

The socks are legit, without question. IF I could afford to do a sock "makeover" these would be the product - they are that solid and I could wear them everyday.

Care/Washing - This is where they under performed for me. I washed the socks as directed, but still had some "lint balls" build up on the sock. Nothing I couldn't fix with a lint brush, but more annoying than anything. I will say the material is holding up well and if cared for properly these socks will last for a long time.

When I followed the instructions and washed them inside out, it did leave some lint and dirt on the outside. Since then I just washed them right side out and they come out fine. Still not sure why you are supposed to wash them inside out, they don't get clean that way. Must be something with the material.

My feet were also never hot which doesn't "seem" to make sense when you feel how plush these feel and wearing black on the feet in some extreme heat.

I still have no idea how they are not hot. You touch them and they feel thick, and suffocating. But my feet are never hot.

Since this one has tapered off, we are going to wrap it up. Thanks to the testers that took the time to post their thoughts in the thread. Much appreciated.

Since this one has tapered off, we are going to wrap it up. Thanks to the testers that took the time to post their thoughts in the thread. Much appreciated.
You are welcome, and thanks to THP and Kentwool for the chance to test the wonderful socks!!

Much the same with the Chic-Fil-A chicken biscuit, the first time I put these on I had a "Where have you been all my life" moment.

I know this has wound down but I had a couple final thoughts. This last weekend I didn't get a chance to golf but wore my Kentwool socks anyhow. I wore them Saturday and Sunday for about 10 hours each day while we were building our cabin. It was about 90 out with a good amount of humidity. Not once did I feel like my feet were sweating. They didn't stink when I took my shoes off. These are amazing at what they do. I probably could even wear them again (but will wash them to get the sawdust off). This company gets an A+ in my book.

Im seriously pretty enamored with these again.

Wearing them at work today. So comfortable.

I picked up a pair on a whim and holy cow what was I waiting for, these things are so comfy, and finally a sock in a larger size that feels big enough for me foot. So far so good on the breathability. I'm going to wear them this weekend for a round to run them through their paces on the course, but I'm gonna order some up for work as well, too comfortable not to wear more often!

I picked up a pair on a whim and holy cow what was I waiting for, these things are so comfy, and finally a sock in a larger size that feels big enough for me foot. So far so good on the breathability. I'm going to wear them this weekend for a round to run them through their paces on the course, but I'm gonna order some up for work as well, too comfortable not to wear more often!

Thanks for bumping this thread. I still need to pick up a pair or three based on the feedback that you guys have posted.

Something I can get behind 100%: companies with great customer service. I had an issue with a pair of socks that I bought after our testing and spoke directly to Vicki. She actually sent me out a new pair right away. Very happy with the Kentwool golf offerings and now own 5 pair.

Testing out my first pair of these tomorrow. Hope I love these because I received three more pair in the mail today. And think I have two more pair coming. So many positive thoughts on these I thought I needed them.

First round under my belt today with the Kentwool socks. Have to say they wore great. My feet felt dry, comfortable, and no slippage during the round. These socks never sagged, never needed adjustment, And I only noticed them once during the round, and that was because I noticed how comfortable my shoes were today.
So, after one round, I'm happy that I have more on order. Very pleased with their performance today.

Wore a pair of these out on the course yesterday.

Low 40s a little wet. Normally for cold weather rounds I wear my thicker ski. Socks.

Theses were a hit, my feet stayed warm and dry for the entire round, fit is great and the feel is soft as well.

More thoughts to come after the #kickoffclassic

I just realized I hadn't posted my other thoughts in here on the wear/tear.

I picked up these back in October, I wear them at least once a week, if not more if my wife does laundry! And they have kept up great, I'm amazed they don't show near as much wear as I thought they would, long story short, I got a size too big on these, so I know they aren't perfect for me, as the heel cup rides up the back of my foot a bit, but they are so comfortable and every time I wear them on the course I'm amazed my feet don't get near as hot as you think when you hear wool!

Back