Cobra KING LTD Driver Preview

I'm also wondering if we'll continue to see the trend of the older models being revamped. Bertha and now King, I wonder if TM or others will follow suit

Jose says hello James, 'he is a great guy' were is exact words

Really enjoying this. That press box with the driver looks really awesome.

The return of King cobra is completely lost on me, but it looks decent. I'm also curious as to what genuine value there is beyond visuals that the iron man esque hole in the base provides.

As always, my opinion is going to ride a lot heavier on how it hits.

Like many brands, its a bit nostalgic for those that played the drivers. Burner, Big Bertha, etc. For many its remembered in that it was such a dominant force in golf both in sales, for consumers and on tour.

I'm also curious as to what genuine value there is beyond visuals that the iron man esque hole in the base provides.
From the Review:

The SpacePort system consists of a 16-gram Aerospace grade Aluminum dual-purpose weight and translucent port system that allows golfers to view the internal driver technologies. By removing the port, golfers can visually access all the hidden COBRA technologies: 811 Titanium E9 Face, Low CG Hosel, and Textreme Carbon Fiber Crown. In total, there are more than 28 grams of discretionary weight strategically positioned in and around the Port perimeter positioning the CG low and to the back of the clubhead. The Port also removes the necessity for Hot Melt Glue, a sticky substance typically used in drivers to catch internal debris and achieve final club head weight, saving an additional 4g; instead, a more efficient solid structured and more precise weight is placed into the head, behind the SpacePort, further optimizing the mass properties. The Port also allows final swing-weight tuning, with 0-12g Tungsten weight, at time of build to precisely fit the golfer.
Through key structural component weight reduction and critical placement of the discretionary weight COBRA Golf created the lowest CG on the driver market today. Depending on the head configuration, the CG is on or below the “Neutral Axis”, a perpendicular line extending back from face center, delivering unprecedented “ZERO CG” technology. The ultra-low CG improves the efficiency of the club head to ball impact and allows golfers to achieve higher ball speeds, higher launch angles and lower spin, all three contribute to distances gains off the tee.

I'm also wondering if we'll continue to see the trend of the older models being revamped. Bertha and now King, I wonder if TM or others will follow suit

I doubt its long before the Burner Bubble and the paint scheme makes a return for TM.

Like many brands, its a bit nostalgic for those that played the drivers. Burner, Big Bertha, etc. For many its remembered in that it was such a dominant force in golf both in sales, for consumers and on tour.

To me it is the equivalent of the Cleveland Launcher. When I first got into golf the King Cobra was a club I really wanted because of its reputation.

I doubt its long before the Burner Bubble and the paint scheme makes a return for TM.
I doubt the color will, but somehow the bubble will... Worst shaft ever IMHO!

I might have missed it but when will it be available to us laymen?
October to the general public.
And the fine tuning is done at Cobra. No messing with the internal workings behind the spaceport

And the fine tuning is done at Cobra. No messing with the internal workings behind the spaceport

Oh wow faster than I expected.

ce9eb3b2684b4334ce9f874925dbd44f.jpg

Welcome back S3 Pro's...did not see that coming. Great shape for them, the orange worries me though.

There is tungsten in the toe of those.

Holy s---.

Does this mean that you can get fitted and based on your needs, they will adjust the internal weight?

The return of King cobra is completely lost on me, but it looks decent. I'm also curious as to what genuine value there is beyond visuals that the iron man esque hole in the base provides.

It feels a little bit like piggybacking on the recent Callaway success (nostalgia). Maybe it's a bit forced, but the new tech looks interesting. It looks like they have tweeked a few of their former technologies (E9 face, and the carbon fiber elements)

That said, I loved my cobra SZ, and my cobra ZL from a few years back and it will be interesting to give this a look.

As a Giants fan I can definitely dig the black and orange! Will need to see the driver in hand but the irons look stunning. This driver isn't marketed towards me, but I'll still definitely give it a swing. Love the name too, wish they had some bad ass snake on it though haha.

If yagley is excited about it, I'm interested.

From the Review:

The SpacePort system consists of a 16-gram Aerospace grade Aluminum dual-purpose weight and translucent port system that allows golfers to view the internal driver technologies. By removing the port, golfers can visually access all the hidden COBRA technologies: 811 Titanium E9 Face, Low CG Hosel, and Textreme Carbon Fiber Crown. In total, there are more than 28 grams of discretionary weight strategically positioned in and around the Port perimeter positioning the CG low and to the back of the clubhead. The Port also removes the necessity for Hot Melt Glue, a sticky substance typically used in drivers to catch internal debris and achieve final club head weight, saving an additional 4g; instead, a more efficient solid structured and more precise weight is placed into the head, behind the SpacePort, further optimizing the mass properties. The Port also allows final swing-weight tuning, with 0-12g Tungsten weight, at time of build to precisely fit the golfer.
Through key structural component weight reduction and critical placement of the discretionary weight COBRA Golf created the lowest CG on the driver market today. Depending on the head configuration, the CG is on or below the “Neutral Axis”, a perpendicular line extending back from face center, delivering unprecedented “ZERO CG” technology. The ultra-low CG improves the efficiency of the club head to ball impact and allows golfers to achieve higher ball speeds, higher launch angles and lower spin, all three contribute to distances gains off the tee.
Pretty much what I thought. Quite the claims on low CG. Will be fun to see how it performs.

Oh yeah, I totally get why. I remember the conversation THP had last year and was shocked to see the level of interest people had in the return of the name. Just never really found me at a younger age.

King looks sick all murdered out in black. I will have to hit it when it is available.

Good looking clubs!
I am sure they are performers!

Did they release prices for the irons and fairways?

Does this mean that you can get fitted and based on your needs, they will adjust the internal weight?

I'm confused. If the factory does everything then is buying off the shelf an option? Sounds like buying used is also not ideal either. Surely I am reading into this wrong but it looks like the only way to get one of these tuned to your swing is to buy direct from Cobra.

that cant be correct.

If I have one of these, I am definitely putting a small LED light inside.

I'm confused. If the factory does everything then is buying off the shelf an option? Sounds like buying used is also not ideal either. Surely I am reading into this wrong but it looks like the only way to get one of these tuned to your swing is to buy direct from Cobra.

that cant be correct.

It looked like the internal weight could be changed pretty easily. I assume a fitting cart would have the stuff to do it all in store.

If I have one of these, I am definitely putting a small LED light inside.

I was just thinking the same thing lol

Back