How many chip-ins have you had (or witnessed) in a round?

Misike

Live in the Present
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Playing in our league tonight and my partner had a 65 yard chip in for birdie on a par 5. He then followed it up with a 40 foot "chutt" from the rough for a birdie on a par 3. No one in the group could believe it, but it was pretty fun to witness.

Anybody else have or witness multiple chip-ins in a round?

I had a 130 yard hole out for eagle on a par 4 and a 20' chip in bird on the same side about 6 weeks ago.

Ive only had one max a round but I watched a golfing buddy hole out from a bunker and then about 3 holes later drain one from 20 yards off the green.

I had a 130 yard hole out for eagle on a par 4 and a 20' chip in bird on the same side about 6 weeks ago.

Wow. That had to be a fun round!

Personally had 3 in one round on Sunday at the Love is in the air event this year.

A couple of years ago, I had 3 in one round. Besides that, I think I have no more than 1 in a round.
I did witness my wife chip in 2 last year in a round.

Saw a guy in a best ball tournament this spring chip in twice in one round. Funny thing is that the first one was after he had consumed about 6 beers and the second one came towards the end of the round when he had at least 12 minimum in him. Oh to be young again!

Last edited:
Most I've had is two in one round and they occurred on back to back holes!

I also watched O'Carroll pitch in two within a two hole stretch, him doing everything possible to keep us in a match at the '14 Grandaddy! Pete is a boss.

I've chipped in 3 times; all on par 3's. However, the most impressive hole out I've seen in person was ddec's eagle from 140 at the MA Gathering a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had 3 in a row once on the same round. Everything else was garbage that day, but I could chip for a very brief time that day.

Most I've had is two in one round and they occurred on back to back holes!

I also watched O'Carroll pitch in two within a two hole stretch, him doing everything possible to keep us in a match at the '14 Grandaddy! Pete is a boss.
Stole my answer. Down 2 with 2 to go, back to back hole-outs. Which is funny because I only have about 8 of those in my entire golfing career....

I watched my buddy Sparksjr. Chip in 3 times in one round .

I have had 2, seen maybe 6 or 7. so not very many.

Stole my answer. Down 2 with 2 to go, back to back hole-outs. Which is funny because I only have about 8 of those in my entire golfing career....

Sorry to steal your thunder buddy! That was the best display of fighting hard no matter what I've ever seen. You damn near willed us back into it.

This is the truth! My brother in law and I play in a 2 person scramble league. A couple of years ago, he holed out from around a 100 yards on a par 5 for eagle, and on the next hole, I holed out from 100 yards for eagle on a par 4. 4 under in 2 holes with Zero putts, is money in that league.

The most I have had in one round is two. I also have three hole outs from 100-130 yds.

My high is 3 in one round and have done that a couple of times. The first time the three were in the back 9 in a 4 ball match. My partner loved it and our opponent's couldn't believe it

I played with Coers Bhilin and Zenger and holed out three I believe including two for eagle .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I have had more than one in a round that I can recall, but on a trip to Scottsdale on a golf vacation, I holed out five days in a row, including one from the sand.

Not counting any putts from the fringe.

I've had two in a round. Don't recall seeing more than that before.

I'd estimate about every 2nd round someone or me gets a chip in

Just from what I can remember, I had 2 chip ins couple weeks ago. both about 15 yards away. One to save 6, one for birdie. That was the only fun part of the whole round.

My best friend in a 2 Man invitational chipped in for eagle on the first, chipped in for birdie on the third and then chipped in for eagle on the 12th hole in the same round.

Earlier this year I had 4 hole outs in one round. Two of them were from 40+ out (1 for eagle and 1 for birdie), and the other two were after I went long going to a back pin. Despite having those hole outs, I still shot 3 over.

I've had one round in which I holed three short chips. I had another round in which I holed two lobs, but that was totally accidental.

Back