Srixon Z 945 Review

Couldn't agree more. I think they'll be a huge demand. Especially with the overwhelming success of the 545's and the 745's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a limited release is probably right for the blades - not a huge segment to begin with, and while I think the 545s and 745s are absolutely fantastic clubs, they're in a price range that's not exactly "for the masses" territory. I think it's been noted by JB in a few places that the cheapest options are the highest selling by a large margin - XR vs Apex in the Callaway line, for example. I'm hoping the 355s represent Srixon's entry onto the shelves in most stores.

I think a limited release is probably right for the blades - not a huge segment to begin with, and while I think the 545s and 745s are absolutely fantastic clubs, they're in a price range that's not exactly "for the masses" territory. I think it's been noted by JB in a few places that the cheapest options are the highest selling by a large margin - XR vs Apex in the Callaway line, for example. I'm hoping the 355s represent Srixon's entry onto the shelves in most stores.

From an exposure standpoint it would be nice to see Srixon in stores but I don't see it happening. I would venture to guess that Srixon wants to keep some sort of "high end image" and won't put them in GG,Dicks, etc. they will probably be at PGATSS like they are now and I remember talking to the manager at Golfsmith back in April and he said during their annual meeting they were told 25 stores would get the Srixon line as a test market. I was at the same golfsmith about 6 weeks ago and didn't see any Srixon so it appears with the select few is still in place or it was decided not to expand.

I have only seen Srixon in two locations around here. Golf store in Virginia who can't keep the irons in stock because they sell out so fast and the drivers and woods in the pro shop where I take my lessons

From an exposure standpoint it would be nice to see Srixon in stores but I don't see it happening. I would venture to guess that Srixon wants to keep some sort of "high end image" and won't put them in GG,Dicks, etc. they will probably be at PGATSS like they are now and I remember talking to the manager at Golfsmith back in April and he said during their annual meeting they were told 25 stores would get the Srixon line as a test market. I was at the same golfsmith about 6 weeks ago and didn't see any Srixon so it appears with the select few is still in place or it was decided not to expand.

I have only seen Srixon in two locations around here. Golf store in Virginia who can't keep the irons in stock because they sell out so fast and the drivers and woods in the pro shop where I take my lessons
I wish they were in more shops as well. I just know how amazing their stuff is an wish more people could try it out.

For that limited release I would love to see a 7-PW release. This combo with the 745s would be sublime.

For those who have bought through Rakuten, is there a certain seller who you deal with?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I wish they were in more shops as well. I just know how amazing their stuff is an wish more people could try it out.

Yep. People that give them a chance like the 545 and 745 and I would imagine guys that want more of blade than the 745 would jump on the 945.

For that limited release I would love to see a 7-PW release. This combo with the 745s would be sublime.

For those who have bought through Rakuten, is there a certain seller who you deal with?

It will be interesting to see if they allow a combo set to ordered with a limited release

I've used Greenfil twice and have been very very happy

I've used Greenfil twice and have been very very happy

I'm going to start filling in my set with the 945. Goal is to get at least the 8-PW, but I'll have to reshaft them with the S400s. I think the only shaft option is the S200 from the far east. Can't imagine I'll find heads only floating around.

I'm going to start filling in my set with the 945. Goal is to get at least the 8-PW, but I'll have to reshaft them with the S400s. I think the only shaft option is the S200 from the far east. Can't imagine I'll find heads only floating around.

There should be multiple shaft options. At least there are with sets 5-Pw or 4-Pw

Ddec - any luck finding this US release possibility?

I'm so fired up about this !

Last Friday a Cleveland Rep walked in to my buddies store with a 945 sample iron. THERE WAS DEFINITELY MOVEMENT!

Last Friday a Cleveland Rep walked in to my buddies store with a 945 sample iron. THERE WAS DEFINITELY MOVEMENT!

They are phenomenal. I might move to a combo set, just because my playing time varies greatly throughout the year, but if you are a blade player, these must be on your radar.

They are phenomenal. I might move to a combo set, just because my playing time varies greatly throughout the year, but if you are a blade player, these must be on your radar.

I think I only swung your 7i - I was surprised how easy it was to get the ball up in the air for a blade - I think the V sole helps with that. But yeah, I'd probably want a bit more help in that 5i-6i range, and maybe even at 7. The 8-PW in the 945 would be fun. They just look so good.

Finally got a chance to hit these beauties and all I can say is that I need $800 stat!!!

After almost 3 months after ordering them, the black 745/945 combo set has shipped! I'll have in hand photos in about a week

After almost 3 months after ordering them, the black 745/945 combo set has shipped! I'll have in hand photos in about a week
That's amazing news. I'm so glad that I bought my combo set earlier this year because the 945 was a Japan only release but go to the pga superstore today and they have them in 4-w. :alien: Well there is always Christmas haha. Time to sell my set and put that towards those gorgeous irons!

Love reading this my dude! I can't wait for in hand pics!

Well hello sexy!
426158bcd2ab806fb84492aacb15eadf.jpg
0c66e28e0e81eafedde1a3ac1146219e.jpg
9e01cbe7cc9de7aafca03fb0e1871928.jpg

945 pw
4ff47352d330ae3ab23c752507d51041.jpg

945 7i
0f632b575f415de1dee2b582d217628f.jpg

945 5i
22e44b07b5087a25bcced220908ca7fe.jpg

745 3i