NHL 2015-2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope to see two teams added to those cities but I also wouldn't be surprised by a move as well. Phoenix is long overdue.

Also, isn't it fun to come into the nhl thread and make fun of not caring about hockey? Man I wish I was that cool.
He didn't come into the thread, it was originally it's own thread before getting merged.

Wow, okay captain argue pants. AN nhl thread.
Haha, I was trying to defend the poor guy. I thought it was a valid difference.

I hope to see two teams added to those cities but I also wouldn't be surprised by a move as well. Phoenix is long overdue.

Also, isn't it fun to come into the nhl thread and make fun of not caring about hockey? Man I wish I was that cool.

I'm honestly confused.

Wasn't sure what to think of a real hockey fan having to Google Daniel Briere.
He didn't come into the thread, it was originally it's own thread before getting merged.

I'm honestly confused.
I think I'm confused too.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

A new thread was started '' Daniel Briere retiring ''. It's sure most did not realize he was a hockey player until he opening the thread and googling.

A new thread was started '' Daniel Briere retiring ''. It's sure most did not realize he was a hockey player until he opening the thread and googling.
No longer confused. Thanks Wake.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I just remember Briere being a real pain in the butt against the Hawks in the 2010 Finals.

No I get that. It's the underhand comment about googling ice hockey. Same nonsense, different day.

No I get that. It's the underhand comment about googling ice hockey. Same nonsense, different day.

And there is really no defense about not liking hockey if you like other sports honestly. Fast pace, lots of contact, tends to be a decent amount of scoring, and a lot of skill and technique to it.

So that's when the truth usually comes out that they just can't follow the puck and it frustrates them. But to each his own I guess.

And there is really no defense about not liking hockey if you like other sports honestly. Fast pace, lots of contact, tends to be a decent amount of scoring, and a lot of skill and technique to it.

So that's when the truth usually comes out that they just can't follow the puck and it frustrates them. But to each his own I guess.

It's the same thing with any sport unless it's football or baseball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont take offense to this, but that is absolutely laughable. That is like saying if you like some sports, you have to like all sports. Cmon....Canadan is a huge hockey fan. He doesnt like all sports. Does that mean he just cant follow the ball? Or perhaps is it that some people have different taste.

Dont take offense to this, but that is absolutely laughable. That is like saying if you like some sports, you have to like all sports. Cmon....Canadan is a huge hockey fan. He doesnt like all sports. Does that mean he just cant follow the ball? Or perhaps is it that some people have different taste.
I have a hard time following the baseball when I am snoring hahahaha!

But no, I do not. I think that excuse was usable on standard Def but HD makes everything easy to follow.

I have a hard time following the baseball when I am snoring hahahaha!

But no, I do not. I think that excuse was usable on standard Def but HD makes everything easy to follow.

HDTV changed hockey on TV. So much better to watch.

I ❤ Eichel... thats all

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I preferred Fox and the highlighted puck thingy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glowing puck and the neon streak when a shot was taken. #glorydays

Wow some interesting developments in here last couple of day kinda bummed I missed out haha

While on vacation I saw this and had to post it up in here as I knew you all would appreciate it

e0d3ee5e17d1e5ed4ab416e5beeb858a.jpg

Pretty cool

its like any other sport, you like what you know, it makes you appreciate how good the players are. I for one have never understood baseball, I dont get it, it bores me. Football is the same thing, I loved playing in college, but when I am not on teh feild, I find the game incredibly boring. but give me a game of hockey, volleyball, rugby or even curling, I will be stuck to the tv for hours. to each their own I guess

I guess it could be different taste, but a lot of the time if I start asking someone what they like in other sports, hockey has all of it. It's ok to not like something because you don't understand it, but having someone say "I had to google ice hockey" is kind of ridiculous IMO.

And no it's not all sports. I'm a huge soccer fan and I have absolutely no problem with people saying they don't like it. Heck some games bore me and I love the sport. But it's interesting to me how someone could be say, a football and basketball fan, and then not like hockey. It's kind of like those two sports combined. Just interesting to me I guess.

its like any other sport, you like what you know, it makes you appreciate how good the players are. I for one have never understood baseball, I dont get it, it bores me. Football is the same thing, I loved playing in college, but when I am not on teh feild, I find the game incredibly boring. but give me a game of hockey, volleyball, rugby or even curling, I will be stuck to the tv for hours. to each their own I guess
The best part of our ski trips to Canada was they would coincide with the women's world curling championships, and I've always had a thing for the Canadian lady curlers.

I guess it could be different taste, but a lot of the time if I start asking someone what they like in other sports, hockey has all of it. It's ok to not like something because you don't understand it, but having someone say "I had to google ice hockey" is kind of ridiculous IMO.

And no it's not all sports. I'm a huge soccer fan and I have absolutely no problem with people saying they don't like it. Heck some games bore me and I love the sport. But it's interesting to me how someone could be say, a football and basketball fan, and then not like hockey. It's kind of like those two sports combined. Just interesting to me I guess.

Up until a few years ago, hockey could end in a tie, which makes a competition not even worth having to many sports fans.
Im a football and basketball fan, and dont like hockey. It bores me. Why? Because that is my taste. I understand the game, followed the game for a decade and lost interest. It has nothing to do with not knowing what is going on or not being able to follow the puck. To me that argument is not only inaccurate, but no different than saying "I like something, so if someone else doesnt, they are not smart enough to get it".

Up until a few years ago, hockey could end in a tie, which makes a competition not even worth having to many sports fans.
Im a football and basketball fan, and dont like hockey. It bores me. Why? Because that is my taste. I understand the game, followed the game for a decade and lost interest. It has nothing to do with not knowing what is going on or not being able to follow the puck. To me that argument is not only inaccurate, but no different than saying "I like something, so if someone else doesnt, they are not smart enough to get it".

I guess like anything there are going to be exceptions. You being one of them in this case. But a lot of people that I have asked and been around who like other spots have said they don't like hockey because they can't follow what's happening. Not saying they are dumb, hockey can be pretty confusing unless you've played or watched for a long time, but that does tend to come up a lot.

I'm certainly not saying everyone has to like hockey, but a lot of people's arguments are kind of silly on why they don't. If someone were to explain their disinterest as you have I'd fully accept that and certainly wouldn't argue with you on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back