What golf stuff did you buy today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won a PX LZ60 6.0 handcrafted off the Bay for $53... I hope they spell 6.0 right at that price

Well I'm jelly. I'll give you 60 for it whenever you're done with it :alien:

Went on a spree last night and bought a J815 adapter and an RIP Alpha shaft. Now just settling on a grip and should get everything by early next week.

Spent $15 to enter the club championship tourney. I have no expectations of winning anything, but I think it would be a fun experience.

Good Luck Sean!!!! Have fun out there!

A Lynx Black Cat putter for cheap. I'll see if this style works for me before I spend a lot of money.

4 dozen top flite gamers for $41 from DSG.

X2 hot 3&4 hybrid "open box" from global for $60. Too good to pass up.

Cleaned out my local DSG of black midsize UTx grips on clearance - grabbed 8 total.

ordered a cobra tour trusty 58 wedge, Super Stroke 3.0 grip and Callaway fleece pullover from Rockbottom Golf. Should be here by Friday.

A couple dozen SR3s

Didnt buy it today but got the X2hot 3 deep in the bag. Really excited to hit it

A large and medium bucket of range balls.

Jumbo range bucket to be shared with the GF

Bucket at the range

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

My 100 Bridgestone 330-Rx's showed up today!

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally made the call and bought two Vokey SM5's. One is a 54/10 M grind (gold finish) and the other a 58/11 K grind (chrome)

Finally made the call and bought two Vokey SM5's. One is a 54/10 M grind (gold finish) and the other a 58/11 K grind (chrome)

Post your thoughts on those.

I have some wedge ponders going on, and the SM5 are definitely on the list.

Post your thoughts on those.

I have some wedge ponders going on, and the SM5 are definitely on the list.

No problem.

These are actually my 3rd and 4th SM5. I have a 48° F grind in the bag now and these new ones are replacing a 56° S grind.

First off, these are all great wedges. The F grind has really nice turf interaction on full shots. Easy to feel like I really pinched it. I also find it especially useful when hitting half and 3/4 shots into the wind.

The S grind was a step up from my previous wedge and it showed. It is a classic design that does exactly what I thought it would. Was the only wedge I used around the greens, although it tended to get caught a bit in heavier green side rough.

I did some short game work to test out the new ones after I got them and my initial thoughts are very positive. The wide sole on the K grind makes chipping and pitching much easier from both rough and fairway while sand shots are just stupid easy. Just splash the sand and the ball comes out. Can't really open the face much in the short grass though, but that is to be expected. Also why I wanted the M grind in the 54°.

The M is a cool grind. I love how the back end of the bounce, as well as the heel and toe, are sawed off so that the leading edge lies flatter on the turf when the face is opened. I only hit a few full and 3/4 shots with it today, but it plays similar to the S grind in that regard.

I'll know more as I play with them, but these SM5 are on the money. Big improvement over the SM4, IMO.

I'll find a more appropriate place to post future thoughts.

I have the Vokey sm5 50° in satin chrome... been toying with idea of 54° in gold and 58° in black. Quick club identification.

I have the Vokey sm5 50° in satin chrome... been toying with idea of 54° in gold and 58° in black. Quick club identification.
I wanted to go that route too but I didn't have those options available. Ended up with silver/gold/silver instead.

I picked up a Cleveland 588 rtx 2.0 52degree wedge at Academy Sports for $50 yesterday.

Callaway Aquadry stand bag, I'll be sending back the HL5 that just showed up today, WAY too good of a price on Amazon for WAY to badass of a golf bag having seen Cookies in hand. Missing the badass #Grandaddy logo, but I'm still excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back