The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1-1 through 12 in Cincinnati.

Guess we're not catching up on anything tonight.

Dyson scores FROM FIRST BASE on a bunt!

(And an error on a bad throw to the outfield, but still, wow.)

3-1 bottom the 13th. They better hold on so we can maybe watch ONE other show tonight!

26 games over .500 for the first time since 1980. 33 come from behind victories. 72-46 and a 13.5 game lead.

Still four games behind St. Louis though.

Zobrist smacks a home run in the top of the ninth to tie it up against the Reds. He's hitting like .350 since coming to KC. Hoping for extra innings.
You wanted extra innings, you got it. Crazy ending to that game. Great bunt by Medlen.

Most people knew these were mistakes at those prices, that's why SF didn't try to keep Panda. Hanley has been injured and inconsistent for a few years then add in a position switch. It was like putting together a fantasy team. Don't think anyone is going to take Hanley.
Well technically the Giants did try to keep Panda but not at market rates. The Dodgers new management had zero interest in keeping Hanley. The Red Sox jumped in like fools! forgetting defense, panda's regular season numbers and propensity for eating 3rds when under guaranteed contract. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I bet someone takes Hanley off their hands because he can DH in the AL.

Well technically the Giants did try to keep Panda but not at market rates. The Dodgers new management had zero interest in keeping Hanley. The Red Sox jumped in like fools! forgetting defense, panda's regular season numbers and propensity for eating 3rds when under guaranteed contract. Stupid, stupid, stupid. I bet someone takes Hanley off their hands because he can DH in the AL.

I agree. They offered panda a good contract he was just greedy and he over valued himself as well as most fans and GMs who look at the success he had in the World Series and playoffs where players get hot or go cold. There is a reason SF has won a championship every other year.

The dodgers for all the money they have spent do have some wisdom in their org and knew Hanley needed to go. Red Sox wanted to get another ring and as much as they called the Yanks the evil empire they have tried to do the samething of buying a ring.

Just flat out mind blowing as to what ARod is doing this year. I know he was in a slump... but goodness, who expect a season half this good from him?

Just flat out mind blowing as to what ARod is doing this year. I know he was in a slump... but goodness, who expect a season half this good from him?
I can't find it, but early year I said something like 260 17 65 would be a really good year for him. He has exceeded all expectations. Not only that, he has said all the right things and he and the team came together for a great outcome on the home run bonuses. They are even going to give him his moment in sept and honor him for 3000 hits. What a turnaround.

I can't find it, but early year I said something like 260 17 65 would be a really good year for him. He has exceeded all expectations. Not only that, he has said all the right things and he and the team came together for a great outcome on the home run bonuses. They are even going to give him his moment in sept and honor him for 3000 hits. What a turnaround.

Expectations were very low from everyone. I figured around the numbers you posted above would be awesome. He has far exceeded expectations and bringing up this kid Bird will hopefully give him and Tex some rest headed down the stretch. His swing has gotten long and slow over the past few weeks and I am sure its just him being tired. Hopefully he can get rejuvenated a little here down the stretch but that HR last night was about a big a regular season spot you can find and he delivered.

In a few games already I'm liking this kid Bird. I think it was a good call up and will definitely help with gettin Arod and tee some time off.

waiting for Ellsbury and Gardner to get on a hit streak again and get the offense rolling

In a few games already I'm liking this kid Bird. I think it was a good call up and will definitely help with gettin Arod and tee some time off.

waiting for Ellsbury and Gardner to get on a hit streak again and get the offense rolling

Ellsbury has been very good the last few games. Looks like he is running a little better too and stealing some bases

Ellsbury has been very good the last few games. Looks like he is running a little better too and stealing some bases

I noticed that in the box score...hopefully he keeps it going. Gardy seems to be tired or something...avg has dropped and I think obp has too. I don't like the feast or famine with this offense

Nasty Nate is dealing today. Just struck out another guy with 100mp gas. 6 K's through 4 innings....

Expectations were very low from everyone. I figured around the numbers you posted above would be awesome. He has far exceeded expectations and bringing up this kid Bird will hopefully give him and Tex some rest headed down the stretch. His swing has gotten long and slow over the past few weeks and I am sure its just him being tired. Hopefully he can get rejuvenated a little here down the stretch but that HR last night was about a big a regular season spot you can find and he delivered.

Bird just hit his 1st HR. A 2 run HR to give them the 2-0 lead.

Thanks...will put this up while in this boring mtg

Bird hit his 2nd 2 run homerun of the game to give them the lead again. 4-3 heading to the bottom of the 8th.

Zobrist is 4 for 4 and there's no outs in the top of the sixth.

Ryan Braun is now the Brewers' all-time home run leader. Just typing that felt like a slap in the face

The Rays bull pen had gone to crap since they traded Jepsen at the deadline. Boxberger made it clear he wasn't happy they traded him and he had pitched like it ever since. We would probably be in a wild card spot if our bullpen had been worth a crap but instead the season is basically over.

Thanks front office.

Royals are getting SMOKED in Boston. Two horrendous displays of awfulness.

One a positive note, Alex Gordon begins his rehab assignment tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back