Any tips for courses around clearwater beach for a swiss guy

paintitblack85

Reaction score
Handicap
hi folks

i'll be travelling the US for a few weeks in september. the last week i'll stay in a house in clearwater beach and that's where i plan to play one or two rounds of golf. can you suggest any good courses around there. maybe there are some folks around here who would join me. i'll be staying in clearwater beach from september 19 to september 26

thx

I'm right around the area. Shoot me a PM as the date gets closer and depending on my schedule I would be interested in playing. The reviews from the previous post were spot on. I do believe that Copperhead at Innisbrook will still be shut down for renovation.

I'm right around the area. Shoot me a PM as the date gets closer and depending on my schedule I would be interested in playing. The reviews from the previous post were spot on. I do believe that Copperhead at Innisbrook will still be shut down for renovation.

That would be great to play with someone from THP. To be correct we actually stay in bellair beach an not clearwater beach.

Lots of great courses are in the area. All depends on price and distance you are willing to travel. When the date gets closer I will know more about my availability but I would enjoy teeing it up with you if I can.

Same with me, I am an hour away or so depending on the course. The Disney Event is the the weekend of the 26th. So the 25th may be a practice round over there.

The island course is the better of the two anyway

Been a while but I like Eagles Club. Might be a bit of a drive, but 18 in the morning and 18 after lunch is always a fun day.
http://www.eaglesgolf.com

Been a while but I like Eagles Club. Might be a bit of a drive, but 18 in the morning and 18 after lunch is always a fun day.
http://www.eaglesgolf.com

I've done that before.

It might have rained.

But that round with you and biggsy was a freaking blast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rounds with good people are always a blast. Once I get healed up I'll drive over, maybe you can trade the bike shoes for spikes.

For me it would be ok to drive about an hour or so. greenfee somewhere around 100 dollars max.

My pick would be World Woods Pine Barrens. Should be within an hr and under $100.

Great stuff you guys. I will pm you as the date gets closer. I dont care that much which course as long as its within about an hour. Which one would you prefer?

so who would join me on a round if possible. and which course would you like to play. it needs to be one that provides rental clubs since i dont bring my clubs from switzerland

I'd be down if it was on a weekend. I would hope for mostly dry weather for the next few weeks, as many of the courses in the area, even the nicer ones, have been struggling to stay dry and even mowed with all of the rain we've had this season. I imagine Innisbrook has the foundation and resources to deal with it better than most, but I also don't know if you can get on it if you're not a guest of the resort.

World Woods would also be a good bet to be dry, as it sits on some significantly higher elevated areas north and inland a bit and probably drains pretty well. It's a great bargain as well, their rates right now are in the $40-50 range, without a doubt the best golf for the money around the area. HOWEVER...it's a bit of a drive from where you'll be staying. The best way to get their is to come across north Tampa Bay on SR60 and shoot up the Veteran's highway. But it's an 85-90 min drive without stopping. Both courses are very nice, but the Pine Barrens one is pretty unique layout, very fun to play especially if you never have before.

I am a member at a club in Clearwater and could get a foursome on for around the $50 range at a few courses I have reciprocal benefits at. One course in particular is a pretty good challenge and typically in really good shape, as long as it's not too wet out. Good courses for sure, just not on the level of Innisbrook or World Woods. Better than just about all of the courses that I've played in the area that you can get on. I've not played all of them, but a decent number of them.

If you're interested and are planning on a weekend day let me know and we can see about getting a couple others involved.

Looks like I will be available for a morning round on Tuesday the 22nd or an afternoon round on Wednesday the 23rd as of right now.

Looks like I will be available for a morning round on Tuesday the 22nd or an afternoon round on Wednesday the 23rd as of right now.

Cool. At the moment it seems like a morning round at the 22nd could be possible for me as well. Which course would you prefer to play?

I'm thinking Fox Hollow would be a good choice but let's see how much rain we get here over the next two days.

I'm thinking Fox Hollow would be a good choice but let's see how much rain we get here over the next two days.

always a good choice. Unless it's under water and 18 is playing as a par 3 lol

I am now planning on playing bardmoor tomorrow somewhere between 0800 and 0845 in the morning. but havent booked a tee time yet. and i also try to play fox hollow on wednesday at around the same time. maybe someone likes to join me.

Anyone up for a round tomorrow around 8 to 9 am?

I just wanted to thank you guys for all your suggestions. Played 3 rounds of golf while staying in belleair. Played Seminole CC, Bardmoor and Fox Hollow. Bardmoor was good but Fox Hollow was one of the nicest courses i played so far.

Back