THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

My biggest concern is worrying about how I'm gonna play in front of new people. I have game but when I get around some new guys i tend to lock up. I can still get the job done but my heart is racing. I've gotta work in the nerves and get out and play out side of my comfort zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you'll find that after the first tee shot, it will be like playing with your regular buddies. THP events have a way of being that way.

I think you'll find that after the first tee shot, it will be like playing with your regular buddies. THP events have a way of being that way.

Thanks. I'm sure your right and I will feel right at home. It's just making it off that first tee. No one wants to be the one to top that first shot. Lol

Mine was a straight left shank. A top would have been a godsend. :act-up:
Thanks. I'm sure your right and I will feel right at home. It's just making it off that first tee. No one wants to be the one to top that first shot. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Mine was a straight left shank. A top would have been a godsend. :act-up:

Haha. Well at least hopefull you got your worse shot out of the way and the rest was smooth sailing

Ha! Well I guarantee you won't be the first or the last to do that if it happens.

Ha! Well I guarantee you won't be the first or the last to do that if it happens.

That's reassuring but let's just hope it doesn't happen to anyone. When it happens it makes you feel helpless. Lol

I was playing in the nc men's mid amateur and was playing well until about hole 7 at mid pines. I was playing nervous but to this point had made decent contact. Then it happened. A stone Coke top with a hybrid off the tee. Barely made it to the red tees. I was mortified.

But after playing that tourney and playing with some good players it really helped my confidence and nerves. I think that experience will help prepare me for this event.

I absolute agree with this. I have never felt any more pressure here than playing games with friends. People here are as a rule pretty awesome and non judgemental!

My biggest concern is worrying about how I'm gonna play in front of new people. I have game but when I get around some new guys i tend to lock up. I can still get the job done but my heart is racing. I've gotta work in the nerves and get out and play out side of my comfort zone

Well the thing is we're new, but we're not really new. If you're active and talking among other forum members it's simply a matter of putting faces (and real names) to forum names.

My first outing with other THP members was last July. There were eight of us total and I had not met any of them in person prior to checking in and warming up on the practice green. I felt quite comfortable by the time we teed off and before we made the turn I felt like I was playing among friends with a standing weekly game.

Most of us suffer from poor shots or the occasional topper/ worm burner off the tee. Shake it off, put the next one in the fairway and laugh about it in the cart.

emart can fill you in on the details. Needless to say it wasn't pretty. Haha

edit: I see you're in the Carolinas. Will you be up for a round two weekends from now?

Haha. Well at least hopefull you got your worse shot out of the way and the rest was smooth sailing

edit: I see you're in the Carolinas. Will you be up for a round two weekends from now?

Maybe. I'm off work that weekend. Send me the details. I'll try to work something out

Well the thing is we're new, but we're not really new. If you're active and talking among other forum members it's simply a matter of putting faces (and real names) to forum names.

My first outing with other THP members was last July. There were eight of us total and I had not met any of them in person prior to checking in and warming up on the practice green. I felt quite comfortable by the time we teed off and before we made the turn I felt like I was playing among friends with a standing weekly game.

Most of us suffer from poor shots or the occasional topper/ worm burner off the tee. Shake it off, put the next one in the fairway and laugh about it in the cart.

Thanks for the encouraging words. It will be nice to put faces to names. I've been on here since around 2012. I'm not super active in the forums but I browse the forum several times daily. Just never really posted much

If given the chAnce to play in this event It will def be an awesome round of golf with what I hope to be some future friends

I absolute agree with this. I have never felt any more pressure here than playing games with friends. People here are as a rule pretty awesome and non judgemental!

Nice ! Some of the cga events I have played with I have been paired with some real pompous a$@ h$&@s

Sounds like will be a blast

Thanks for the encouraging words. It will be nice to put faces to names. I've been on here since around 2012. I'm not super active in the forums but I browse the forum several times daily. Just never really posted much

If given the chAnce to play in this event It will def be an awesome round of golf with what I hope to be some future friends

Don't wait for the RR, find a way to jump in one of the local outings before then. Definitely worth it.

Don't wait for the RR, find a way to jump in one of the local outings before then. Definitely worth it.

Yeah I hope to get into one.

I won't be worried about my game, that will hold up. Playing 36 is probably the biggest issue I will have to face. Fatigue gets to be an issue the older I get. I am working out more and trying to play more than just 18 here and there. But depending on the format, it may not be as tiring as most think. Not as if you were playing a straight 36 holes yourself. But I could be wrong hopefully I will get the chance to find out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I won't be worried about my game, that will hold up. Playing 36 is probably the biggest issue I will have to face. Fatigue gets to be an issue the older I get. I am working out more and trying to play more than just 18 here and there. But depending on the format, it may not be as tiring as most think. Not as if you were playing a straight 36 holes yourself. But I could be wrong hopefully I will get the chance to find out.

I'm game for 36 holes but if I was walking 36 that would be another story. Lol

Your only as old as you feel so keep up the fitness regimen and all will work out

I think a road trip and practice weekend at the RNK will need to occur. Hopefully I can recruit a couple of my fellow DMVers to join me down there for a while. Maybe some Ryder cup action. Get a feel for the course, the team, and some different formats in matches.

I'm down that way pretty much every other weekend during the warmer months. My beach house is not far from there. So I will be up to playing there or anywhere around there on Saturdays (fish on Sundays LOL)

I played in my first THP event last year in Savannah and had a blast! I didn't know anyone before hand, ( my wife thought I was crazy driving 3+ hours to play golf with people I've never met) but once you get there, you will love it. Everyone was really nice and made you feel like you've been playing with them for years. This year I'm making an effort to get more involved in THP events and make it out to some local outings with THPers.

I'm game for 36 holes but if I was walking 36 that would be another story. Lol

Your only as old as you feel so keep up the fitness regimen and all will work out

Walking 36 is easy, my brother and I do it all the time. The trick is never to sit down!

If I get the chance, 36 holes will not be a problem! Once you get into the competition the holes will fly by!

If I get the chance, 36 holes will not be a problem! Once you get into the competition the holes will fly by!

Sometimes 36 or even 27 in a competition is not about the physical aspect but the mental. If your first match goes all the way to 18 and you had to dig and claw the entire time after that 18 you can be mentally spent. You then have a quick turn around and have to do it again. It is something that can not really be replicated until that moment and something that should not be taken lightly.

Swings are swings and to me if you can play 18 you can play 36 physically. Mentally in the heat of a moment with something on the line is something entirely different

Sometimes 36 or even 27 in a competition is not about the physical aspect but the mental. If your first match goes all the way to 18 and you had to dig and claw the entire time after that 18 you can be mentally spent. You then have a quick turn around and have to do it again. It is something that can not really be replicated until that moment and something that should not be taken lightly.
Amen brother.

Pretty sure that's what happened to me at the Legacy. Mentally exhausting 18 hole match in the morning followed by another up & down match in the afternoon.

Swings are swings and to me if you can play 18 you can play 36 physically. Mentally in the heat of a moment with something on the line is something entirely different

Although I agree with your statement, the focus required comes with the significance of the event. In this case I believe our team will have no problem staying focused as I expect this to be a very tight match all the way around. Good Luck!

Definitely wasnt the pretties shot of the weekend. Great thing was no one cared or talked about if afterwards just like most of the shots on the course from everyone they happened when they did and after golf it was about enjoying the company of other THPers and building lasting bonds

Definitely wasnt the pretties shot of the weekend. Great thing was no one cared or talked about if afterwards just like most of the shots on the course from everyone they happened when they did and after golf it was about enjoying the company of other THPers and building lasting bonds

That's awesome

Back